115 replies to this topic

#31 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:24 PM

It would work if they told her they had lollipops..

mmmmmmmm...lollipops. I'd go with her for lollipops.

#32 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:26 PM

If only!!! I bloody hope it's true. She need that a.s.a.p as well as a close eye on her mental health
Posted Image

#33 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:29 PM

I hope it's true too, P.

#34 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:30 PM

No wonder she looked like something the cat dragged in on Saturday... you'd be tired too!!! Oh and last night whatshername was helping her pack for round two of rehab seeking I suppose!!!

I'll believe it when I see it, IF she's going, the record company, once again, is making her go. Probably due to this past weekend's craptacular performance.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#35 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:24 AM

Can't believe nobody seems to think it's a big deal that she is closing the festival in 10 days with Jack White as her warm-up act! If British festival producers had the sense and respect to put her on the top of the bill, she probably wouldn't have turned in craptacular performances. I never thought on February 10th when she was uber-diva of the world, that she'd be playing warm-up for shitty rock bands I never heard of. Now she's getting the respect she deserves, in a country where she is apparently more loved than laughed at, where she gave her best ever festival performance, and I think that will mean something to her.

#36 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:33 AM

Which concert was that, Alan? (the one you think she gave her best ever festival perf.) My fave is Eurockeennes: love it. My fave ever (large-scale) Amy concert.

OK, I'll shut up about Eurockeennes, now. I've been going on a bit about it.
"I've got hair like them"

#37 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:36 AM

^ Yes, Eurockeennes! My fave too!

#38 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:40 AM

Hope it's true.

If Russell Brand is trying to help her, good on him.

Would be a good goal to set for herself -- get cleaned up in time for Blake's release.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#39 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:57 AM

If Russell Brand can do it, anyone can. I hope this is true, too, Dave.
"I've got hair like them"

#40 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:07 AM

Can't believe nobody seems to think it's a big deal that she is closing the festival in 10 days with Jack White as her warm-up act! If British festival producers had the sense and respect to put her on the top of the bill, she probably wouldn't have turned in craptacular performances. I never thought on February 10th when she was uber-diva of the world, that she'd be playing warm-up for shitty rock bands I never heard of. Now she's getting the respect she deserves, in a country where she is apparently more loved than laughed at, where she gave her best ever festival performance, and I think that will mean something to her.

I really hope you're right, I would hate to believe her extra-curricular activities have made her forget how important HUGE things like this are and what they mean.
Her album was released two years ago and she's closing an important festival in france in a week.. she should feel grateful for having an opportunity like that, and by grateful i mean pulling an AMAZING performance for the people that are there to see her (literally, just her). But then, it's amy we're talking about.. i don't know what goes through her mind, but most of the times, telling by her performances and attutides, she doesn't show she really cares about these things. Not because she doesn't give a fuck about her fans or any of this, just because there're other things in her head which, to her, are more important. I guess that's not a bad thing though

we'll have to wait and see. If she still wants to show her fans she can be back on form (no matter how long it takes) I'm willing to stay to watch. I believe in her so much that i know she'll get through this.. just wait and see!

Edited by brando, 20 August 2008 - 01:23 AM.

The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#41 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:15 AM

There's absolutely no point in her going to rehab to placate people if she's just going to do drugs when she's in there, as she admitted in the RS interview.

She never said it was illegal drugs. She's such a wise-ass. I'm sure whatever they gave her for her withdrawal symptoms were among the most gratifying drugs she's ever had. It seemed obvious that she did some serious cleaning up before the Grammys.
Someone said here once that a hard drug habit enables you to drink more with less effect. When I saw Amy out with Dionne and looking so bad, I thought either she underestimated the effect of whatever she ingested, or she wouldn't have brought Dionne along. It's seemed to me that she's been on some kind of maintenance meds for quite a while.

#42 ditavt

ditavt

The final frame...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

I hope this is true. Focus12 are really good, apparantly, and like some of you have already said, if Russell Brand can do it, Amy can - he was on heroin amongst god knows what else for about 10 years.

#43 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

I hope this is true and it would be great to get help from someone who's been there, done that and wore the t-shirt and praise to Russell if this is true.

I just hope she completes the treatment but we've been here before, fingers crossed.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#44 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:07 PM

http://www.focus12.co.uk/

#45 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip