#46 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:53 PM

:)

Doc Sarah just took a double dose coughing medicine and a third painkiller. I don't take those doses too seriously - what a great doctor I'm going to be.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#47 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:54 PM

I always will have a candle burning for her :)

Candles and Color
Color is very important in candle magic. Color has subtle influences and each one vibrates at a different frequency. Because of the different effects of color on the human psyche and the surrounding environment, different colored candles are used for different magical end-results. These colors and their vibrations are also closely linked with the cosmic forces which in this book are personified by the Planetary Angels. Each color in the spectrum is connected with the astrological signs of the Zodiac and their planetary rulers. Below I have listed the main colors used in candle magic together with their magical significance's and the influences of each astrological sign.
  • White represents purity, spirituality and peace. In some cultures it is the color of death and mourning.
  • Red symbolizes health, energy, strength, sexual virility, courage and the masculine principle in Nature.
  • Pink is associated with romantic love, affection and friendship.
  • Yellow is the color of the intellect, the powers of the creative imagination, memory, communication and mental agility.
  • Green equals abundance, fertility, good luck and harmony.
  • Blue is the color of healing, truth, inspiration, higher wisdom, occult power and psychic protection, understanding, good health and the feminine principle in Nature.
  • Purple symbolizes success in financial affairs, psychic ability of a highly-developed form, idealism and spiritual power.
  • Gold attracts positive influences and it's connected with justice and career matters.
  • Silver represents clairvoyance, astral energies and channeling, also the faculty of far memory and remembering past lives.

Posted Image
James Dean ....

#48 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:11 PM

You're going to be my kinda doc, Sarah. lol I hope you start feeling better.

#49 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:14 PM

Nice. Yeah my thoughts are starting to slow down, it's working. :)

My virtual candle is red:
Red symbolizes health, energy, strength, sexual virility, courage and the masculine principle in Nature.
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#50 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:35 PM

In addition to the candles, here's a song for Amy from the late, great Nick Drake:

Place to be
(2:39)

This song originally dates from Nick's work in progress tape 1969
When I was younger, younger than before
I never saw the truth hanging from the door
And now I'm older see it face to face
And now I'm older gotta get up clean the place.

And I was green, greener than the hill
Where the flowers grew and the sun shone still
Now I'm darker than the deepest sea
Just hand me down, give me a place to be.

And I was strong, strong in the sun
I thought I'd see when day is done
Now I'm weaker than the palest blue
Oh, so weak in this need for you.
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#51 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:37 PM

interesting. almost sounds like a poem. its very poetic. :)
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#52 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:38 PM

Nick Drake was the Winehouse of the 1960s, his lyrics were very poetic. I don't know if you saw that Volkswagen commercial a few years back, he wrote and played, "Pink Moon".
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#53 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

no i'm afraid i have never seen that commercial... sounds like a interesting person though. :)
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#54 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

Nick Drake's music is just beautiful. I love him.

I'm going to light my candle now. Candles are brilliant - they always make me feel better, and calm me down for some reason too, Pablo. I love candle light - better than 'regular' light.

I'm off to watch BBC Sessions in a little while :). With candlelight, of course.

#55 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:11 PM

i love nick drake his musics beautiful
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#56 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:13 PM

OK, Phil - I'm well confused. I always assumed your nickanme 'pearljo' was in reference to Janis Joplin b/c you're a huge fan, right?

I thought 'pearl' = janis, and 'jo' = first two letters of joplin.

I'm way off base, right? :-S

#57 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:47 PM

Yeah, it's part of my first and last name and my middle name. I like the Janis thing though.

#58 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

I light a candle for Amy every day. I think a lot of her these days. Where is the AWF group on the candle site? Can't find where to add a group or to light a candle :-S?!
What kind of fuckery is this

#59 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:14 PM

i dont really "pray" for amy or think what could i do to help?
you know what i mean, i just wonder if she'll be okay.
in the end of the day, no one is gonna help her but her, people can influence her alot, or pursuede(?) her, but she makes the final decision.
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#60 Mimi

Mimi

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:22 PM

^Yes I know what you mean..I don't think about what I could do to help, because we can't do anything. Sometimes it's frustrating, that it's all up to her. She is the only person who can decide for herself..
I just really hope she stays strong.
What kind of fuckery is this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users