125 replies to this topic

#121 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

For me it is really more about the music, that's what got me interested in Amy. I'm just disappointed with her behaviour lately. The drugs I could forgive, but the violence just appals me. I do feel for Amy, her obvious depression and the media stalkers, that must be so hard to deal with. Everyone has to struggle in life though, and now I feel that she needs to take charge or else she will lose her fans eventually.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#122 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

Adele is coming over for a proper tour, after her showcase performances earlier this year. She's at The legendary Fillmore in SF. Duffy is working her ass off touring, and has been for a while. I read an article where the writer talks about the emergence of these and other souful ladies as belonging to the Winehouse Era. It saddened me to read that, wondering like Bette does in her interview at the BBC "I wonder if she (Amy) knows people love her"...and it even went beyond love for me, more like veneration for a young woman whose voice and talent can blow you away like no other can. Thrilling, like no other.
I dreamt last night I was at a party and people were wondering what to play next. I yelled out Amy Winehouse. I guess this dream pretty much sums up the way I feel about her musically. She stands alone as an artist, beyond compare.

#123 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

OMG!!! I am so apalled at the "fans" jumping ship right now. You either love her, hate her, or are just waiting for the next shoe to drop...This is becoming an AMY Witchburning... and it HURTS!!!!!

To me, it's more lucidity than withchburning..

Sorry

On the other hand, I hope Amy will prove me wrong one day.

#124 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:52 PM

:( Somebody previously said that Amy's "Frank" voice is gone forever, and I think that comment is spot-on.

She's missing high notes, and she may have"lost" Frank's voice...but I must say I love her voice post B2B..It's more soulful to me.. I just hope she wakes up one day and cuts down on the smokes and Jack Daniel.

#125 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

If I offend, it is not intentional.. It is the nurturing side of me, quite alot like Amy herself. It's the protective, Can't stand to see her hurting side of me that shows itself easily. I'm a Mother, like Amy dreams of being some day that brings me to where I find myself in this dilema. I will never stop loving her, as an artist, a person. Honestly, don't you think she is haunted by what once was? She is a woman, flesh and blood and I cannot help but feel her pain. Yes, I defend her, because my heart rules my head. Always has...good or bad.. it is what makes me, me.
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#126 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

I love ya Sundy :D

She has damaged her voice forever, but if it sounds half as brilliantly as it did when BTB was released I'm safe. Voice changes a lot anyway... Mine is 100% different than it was just a year ago and I'm nowhere near as hard living as Amy is.

I pretty much feel the same as Sundy, only that I do understand that people is getting bored. I don't for the very same reason Sundy said (I'm not a mother, I wish!) being as emphatic as I am I just can't help but "share" her pain whatever it is. She just exudes pain to me, and that pains me so much aswell. Love is an irrational feeling to me and I still can't blame her for anything. She's effing sick, period. I may be fucking blind, period. Still I have this huge sense of feeling that I'm right on this, like if supporting her is the only way.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users