63 replies to this topic

#16 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:06 AM

Really? Are you talking about the 'close to death' thing? I was only aware of that one time in August 07 (the 'seizure'). Wasn't aware of another particular time - I must have missed something.

yeah what about the time in june or july 2008 when she had a overdose on her "medication or weed or whatever it was.
a drug overdose is close to death
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#17 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:55 AM

As much as I know Mitch only has Amy's best interests at heart, I have said it 100 times b4 that I wish he would just shut up!!!
I think he is a lovely man, and there is no doubt in my mind that he loves the bones of Amy, but there are somethings we just don't need to know and imo this is one of them.
Why would other people give her the privacy she needs to get better, if her own family are running to "Hello" magazine, and doing documentary interviews about things that Amy would no doubt want to keep private. Just my opinion.
Posted Image

#18 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for the chuckles, Rugged and Pearl... :)

#19 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

You know last night I was thinking about this, and her near-death experiences, and I just thought about how UNBELIEVABLE lucky this girl has been! She's obviously meant to make a HUGE impact, and obviously her time here isn't done, otherwise with the way she has been going, alot of people would have been dead by now. I mean its the same with Billie Holiday. She was hard-core addicted for something like 20 years before she died. And she was still performing til the day she died, too. But the difference is Amy's gonna turn her act around.

Edited by antceleb12, 20 January 2009 - 01:55 PM.

Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#20 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

She looked so bad 2 months ago! I can see this being true:
http://www.dailymail...drug-habit.html

#21 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

She looked so bad 2 months ago! I can see this being true:
http://www.dailymail...drug-habit.html

She looks ghastly there. I'm not gonna lie, it looks like she's been a victim of a prisoner-of-war camp.
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#22 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

Is the "Saving Amy" special really needed? Why air her bid-ness out there like that?

#23 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

Is the "Saving Amy" special really needed? Why air her bid-ness out there like that?

They do it for the quick buck. Why Mitch and Janis partook in the making, I don't know why. :/
Posted Image

#24 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

This is just too much information for me. I don't feel I have the right to know what goes on in the private lives of Amy and her family. But nonethess, sadly, it seems like a done deal.
http://www.jewssip.c...se-documentary/
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#25 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

it's good to hear she is doing well. now here comes the negative... i think mitch is an idiot. i hate how he tells everyone everything. why can't he keep quiet!? oh that's right - cos he fucking LOVES the attention of being amy winehouse's dad. i know his intentions are mostly good, but there's a little bit of him that just wants to be famous and it really pisses me off. you're a taxi driver love. you're not a celebrity!

#26 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

It would be wonderful had this been a success story once Amy had acheived sobriety and reclaimed her life. But this is IMO not at all the time to be telling her story and I cannot grasp the logic of doing so at such a tender point in her recovery. What purpose does this serve????
He's the big affair I cannot forget..only man I think of with regret...Someone To Watch Over Me

#27 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

Mitch lost me last year at one of Amy's festival shows. I think someone asked about her schedule and Mitch said,'We've got five shows left.'

No Mitch, Amy had 5 shows left.

#28 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

It would be wonderful had this been a success story once Amy had acheived sobriety and reclaimed her life. But this is IMO not at all the time to be telling her story and I cannot grasp the logic of doing so at such a tender point in her recovery. What purpose does this serve????

because he hasn't been in the papers for a while and this is an oppurtunity to remind people who mitch winehouse is. that's what i think anyway.

#29 manic_blue

manic_blue

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:16 AM

Whatever the reasoning behind this.. it is exploitation at it's worse. At the hands of your family no less. Damn!! First Blake, now this.. it's a wonder she's come as far as she has. It would make me wonder who I could trust were I in her tiny shoes.

#30 antceleb12

antceleb12

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:23 AM

I definitely think Mitch is the Mama Rose of the Winehouse family (for anyone who knows the show, Gypsy), but has better intentions. He's a little bit ignorant in the fact that its totally inappropriate to go blabbing off to the paps for everything, if anything! I love Mitch, personally, because he IS so involved with his daughter's well-being, as much as he tries, but IMO he needed to back off a bit (he's doing better now that Amy is on vacation) and needs to keep away from the limelight as much as possible.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users