126 replies to this topic

#91 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

the tickets usually don't arrive till just before teh gig, suppose it's to deter touts

...scalpers...to us North Americans...

...so that means that anyone who has bought a ticket off ebay has to wait for the ebay person to get them first, and then send it off to them, right? That's enough to make anyone nervous about not receiving them on time!
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#92 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

^ I use StubHub rather than eBay if tickets are sold out. eBay has no guarantees, and people get ripped off a lot. StubHub is really good - everything goes through them. Tickets, payments, everything. If a concert is canceled, they refund you right away - you don't even have to deal with the seller.
"I've got hair like them"

#93 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

My destructive side has grown a mile wide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

^^Are they an auction site, Lainey?
Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

#94 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:55 PM

It's not an auction site, the price is set by whoever buys tickets (from the original venue/ agent) for an event with the intention of selling them for however much they think they will get for them.

It's pretty cool, b/c it's all about supply and demand. I've used them on a few occasions for concerts and for a couple of sporting events (both as a buyer and a seller). Everything was exactly as advertised. It's a good feeling when you get tickets for a reasonable price and then check back a few days or a week later to see that demand has pushed the price up dramatically!

The seller lists tickets for sale, and when someone orders them, the seller must mail them to StubHub, who take a % from them as commission. Stub Hub then holds the tickets until you pay, by credit card or check, and they then fedex them to you.

I much prefer using StubHub to Ticketmaster. I loathe Ticketmaster!

http://www.stubhub.com/
"I've got hair like them"

#95 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:19 AM

It's not an auction site, the price is set by whoever buys tickets (from the original venue/ agent) for an event with the intention of selling them for however much they think they will get for them.

It's pretty cool, b/c it's all about supply and demand. I've used them on a few occasions for concerts and for a couple of sporting events (both as a buyer and a seller). Everything was exactly as advertised. It's a good feeling when you get tickets for a reasonable price and then check back a few days or a week later to see that demand has pushed the price up dramatically!

The seller lists tickets for sale, and when someone orders them, the seller must mail them to StubHub, who take a % from them as commission. Stub Hub then holds the tickets until you pay, by credit card or check, and they then fedex them to you.

I much prefer using StubHub to Ticketmaster. I loathe Ticketmaster!

http://www.stubhub.com/

Ticketmaster totally sucks! I call them "Ticketbastard". :)

StubHub's system sounds pretty cool. I'm going to give it a try next time I need tickets or need to unload some. Thanks for the link and for all the info, Lainey!
Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

#96 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:56 AM

ticketmaster does suck out loud. i wish more acts found a way to sell their tickets like pearl jam did/does.

#97 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:03 AM

I do too. I'm not a fan of their music but I really respect their taking on those assholes.

When Amy cancelled her U.S. tour last year, I think I lost a total of $50.00 in "unrefundable fees". Fucking theives.
Posted Image

#98 BIGHAIRBARNET

BIGHAIRBARNET

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

Amy might do some of her Reggae style songs ,
at the island 50 show on 31 may!!!!!....And i wonder How long Amy will actually perform for @ This event,,Still im looking forward to it,,

#99 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:07 AM

Just got my ticket in the mail from the UK! This is exciting.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#100 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:29 AM

Just got my ticket in the mail from the UK! This is exciting.

That IS exciting! Do you know yet what else you'll be doing on this trip?
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#101 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:41 AM

^Sue, I know I'll be taking some walking tours from London Walks (http://www.walks.com/), plus just doing a lot of walking myself. Plenty of neighborhoods and places still to explore. Maybe hit a few museums. I just like to soak the place up. Not sure if I'll take a trip outside London. I'll give it more thought over the next 2 months.
Posted Image

#102 suestev07

suestev07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:43 AM

That sounds great!

hmm....

Maybe popping into clubs... on the chance of seeing some spontaneous singing by a certain person!

Maybe meeting awf members...

#103 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:01 AM

Maybe popping into clubs... on the chance of seeing some spontaneous singing by a certain person!

Maybe meeting awf members...

Excellent suggestions Sue!

That WOULD be dreamlike, sitting in a club in her hometown listening to Amy do her thing.

If New York is the Big Apple, I guess London is the Big Amy.
Posted Image

#104 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

And i wonder How long Amy will actually perform for @ This event,,,

ost of the gigs I've been to she's played about 1hr 15 mins ish
Let Your Freak Flag Fly

#105 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

^Sue, I know I'll be taking some walking tours from London Walks (http://www.walks.com/), plus just doing a lot of walking myself. Plenty of neighborhoods and places still to explore. Maybe hit a few museums. I just like to soak the place up. Not sure if I'll take a trip outside London. I'll give it more thought over the next 2 months.

I'm so excited for you Dave!
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users