116 replies to this topic

#31 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

Its not her place to apologise, its not her fault shes not been aloud into America!
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#32 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

i dont know if an apologize is needed..
but hey.. it IS her fault she hasnt been aloud into america.. she's the one that made the mistake in the first place. American rules or laws or whatever adjust to that, whether everyone likes it or not. Theres a reason why she's not being aloud, and thats entirely her responsibility
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#33 DontClipMyWings

DontClipMyWings

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

yeah i completely agree brando, i meant it more in the way that amy didnt know she was going to be banned etc, its out of her hands.
and the night it happend amy was an emotional wreck.
"Your wondering now, what to do, now you know this is the end. Your wondering how, you will pay, for the way you misbehaved."

#34 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

but hey.. it IS her fault she hasnt been aloud into america.. she's the one that made the mistake in the first place. American rules or laws or whatever adjust to that, whether everyone likes it or not. Theres a reason why she's not being aloud, and thats entirely her responsibility

Hate to admit it but i honestly think you're right. Amy should have handled the situation better...
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#35 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

My destructive side has grown a mile wide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

Its not her place to apologise, its not her fault shes not been aloud into America!

Actually it is. It's not just this time, though. I've bought tickets to see her three separate times on three separate occasions (this would have been the fourth) and she's pulled out on all of them, one at the last minute. It's not just me. I'm only one of hundreds maybe thousands of American fans who have been through this and are frustrated beyond comprehension. U.K. fans may not understand this frustration because she plays there quite often and you guys always seem to get a chance to see her but for those of us who don't have that opportunity and have waited and waited and been disappointed time and time again, it starts to feel like she doesn't really give a crap.

Ok, maybe not an apology, that's me speaking from hurt. At least an acknowledgement or statement saying she will be back. That's all I'm asking for.

Edited by tikipeacock, 17 March 2009 - 09:24 PM.

Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

#36 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

plus, is it just me or does her behavior outside the court remind anyone of Courtney Love's?

Ouch, but I get your point
Let Your Freak Flag Fly

#37 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

I just can't aprove of her acting like that on a Court hearing. As much as I adore seing her happy and looking so good, it's just not the place or moment to pose and show off. That could even influence judge's decissions.
Posted Image

#38 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

That is rather uncreative reasoning, like it's black or it's white. Like it's America's right to be right though it's wrong. I will defend her. She's not a criminal, and America is hypocritical, presuming the supreme right to maintain double standards, like it has a schizofrenic affliction, wondering around like a killer and a saint holding each other in unholy headlock (instead of holy weadlock, or, healthy balance), psychologically paralized, ethically bankrupt, accomplishing nothing... that is the problem, and has been for many years. Amy is human and has the right to perform her art, which transcends the camp of the morally cramped.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 17 March 2009 - 11:45 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#39 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:28 PM

Her spokesman did not confirm that she was not allowed a visa. Just that her 'legal issues' were preventing her from making the trip, so make of that what you will. My guess? She's just not ready to perform.
"I've got hair like them"

#40 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

That is rather uncreative reasoning, like it's black or it's white. Like it's America's right to be right though it's wrong. I will defend her. She's not a criminal, and America is hypocritical, presuming the supreme right to maintain double standards, like it has a schizofrenic affliction, wondering around like a killers and a saint holding each other in unholy headlock (instead of holy weadlock, or, healthy balance), psychologically paralized, ethically bankrupt, accomplishing nothing... that is the problem, and has been for many years. Amy is human and has the right to perform her art, which transcends the camp of the morally cramped.

OK, winehousedrunk, you're entitled to your opinion, but can we please, please, just have a teeny tiny bit less of the America-bashing? Not everyone here is ethically bankrupt, thank you very much. Please don't judge a whole nation by the behaviour of some of it's elected officials (Bush, *cough* Bush).

BTW, I'm not American, I just live here, but I don't care for generalizations. America is a great country with many wonderful attributes and many fantastic people. That's all.

#41 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

. Amy is human and has the right to perform her art, which transcends the camp of the morally cramped.

She has the right to perform her art but she doesn't have the right to go around hitting people. There are laws against assault for a reason and there should be consequences for lashing out like that. She was wrong.
Posted Image

"...All the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki tiki room."

#42 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

OK, winehousedrunk, you're entitled to your opinion, but can we please, please, just have a teeny tiny bit less of the America-bashing? Not everyone here is ethically bankrupt, thank you very much. Please don't judge a whole nation by the behaviour of some of it's elected officials (Bush, *cough* Bush).

BTW, I'm not American, I just live here, but I don't care for generalizations. America is a great country with many wonderful attributes and many fantastic people. That's all.

Yes, lainey, I am entitled to "bash" the American authorities, government, politics and policies, as they affect the world that I live in, or Amy lives in, and how it affects us comes from this bankruptcy, in more than one sense. Not mere opinion, just fact. If being critical is a problem, then there is a problem.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 17 March 2009 - 10:57 PM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#43 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

There are plenty of good politicians and citizens here, too - who are trying to do the right thing and to influence policy in a positive way. But, you've obviously made up your mind, so who cares, really.

#44 tikipeacock

tikipeacock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

Thank you Lainey. I AM an American and I don't like generalizations either.

Winehousedrunk, there are plenty of morally bankrupt countries in this world, some happen to be in Europe btw. I think your posts are intelligent and very thoughtful but some of the things you say about the U.S. make me feel provoked and put on the defensive. I don't want to get into that argument with you or anyone on this message board because it just leads to anger and resentment and I like this place and the people here too much for that. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
Posted Image

#45 Guest_simontelo_*

Guest_simontelo_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

Yes, lainey, I am entitled to "bash" the American authorities, government, politics and policies, as they affect the world that I live in, or Amy lives in, and how it affects us comes from this bankruptcy, in more than one sense. Not mere opinion, just fact. If being critical is a problem, then there is a problem.

You're crazy :o
GOSH :fool:
lol :weirdo:

America should be doing the work right, for fuck sake... Amy isn't going to run away to the USA or explode an atomic bomb or even a little one :hunter:... OMG keep just the terrorists away for God sake... :wizard:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users