#1 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Dark Pandora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

Posted Image
Entering the strange world of Amy Winehouse is never easy as poor James Morrison was to find out.
James, 24, told Danielle after Amy pulled out of the festival: "It's such a shame Amy didn't make it - I was looking forward to seeing her perform. I really want to work with her and write her some songs."
Inviting Dan back to his trailer, he added:"I went up to her at an awards show and said I think you have an amazing talent and a fantastic voice.
"She was so spaced out at the time she just looked through me.
"I don't think the conversation even registered she just said thanks and carried on looking blank."
Never mind, love. We gather Joss Stone is very keen on you helping her with her come back..

ROTFLB-)
R.I.P.
Amy Winehouse

Forever in our hearts, shall we meet in Heaven this time!

#2 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Dark Pandora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:38 PM

btw, source: http://www.mirror.co...15875-21293981/
R.I.P.
Amy Winehouse

#3 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:50 AM

That guy's a dick..

How many bracelets do your have to wear to be a real musician?

#4 antceleb12

antceleb12

And I'm singing this song for you...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:31 AM

Wow...
Posted Image

"Amy is amazing. It's as if Bille Holiday and Dianh Washington had a baby and it was raised by Janice Joplin." - jazzblowin on youtube

#5 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:46 AM

frankly, his duet with nelly furtado was unforgiveable. its a shame too, hes got such a nice voice!

#6 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:37 AM

wait a minuto, that's my boy. you can't reduce the totality of his talent to an impression of one song imo. his label is obviously pushing him a more marketable direction hence the duet and more poppy sound of his second album. he sang alot of the songs acoustic as the opening act for Adele here and blew us away.
his remarks about Amy don't offend me. I believe the whole scenario of what he described back then-she was using. but I'm sure they would get on now that she's in a better place.

Edited by kevd7, 23 April 2009 - 02:43 AM.

#7 Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Dark Pandora

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:34 AM

you can't reduce the totality of his talent to an impression of one song imo. his label is obviously pushing him a more marketable direction hence the duet and more poppy sound of his second album.

Well I guess u're really right, and the result of the pushes from his label are out for everyone to see, wat i mean is, the song with nelly f. was a chart hit !
R.I.P.
Amy Winehouse

#8 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:50 AM

he sang alot of the songs acoustic as the opening act for Adele here and blew us away.

have to admit i was wrong! took your advice kev and found this:
[vbtube]V5-L1C2xLN4[/vbtube]
this song is so much better acoustic, without the super slick production and nelly furtado (apologies to any fans, shes just not my cuppa)
hope he does more stripped back work in the future because i love his voice, he just needs a better producer!
so thanks kev for the tip :)

#9 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:57 AM

de nada, crol!! i wish the american market would give this guy more of the chance he deserves. he's a great songwriter, lovely soulful voice and a new daddy (congrats james). i met him at a very small gig he did here years ago and he's such a great guy. i got turned on to him when he performed First Cut Is The Deepest at some Brit award show several years back. gonna go see if i can find it...
those suckers, they removed it...anyway, glad you like him

Edited by kevd7, 23 April 2009 - 08:07 AM.

#10 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:37 AM

wait a minuto, that's my boy. you can't reduce the totality of his talent to an impression of one song imo. his label is obviously pushing him a more marketable direction hence the duet and more poppy sound of his second album. he sang alot of the songs acoustic as the opening act for Adele here and blew us away.
his remarks about Amy don't offend me. I believe the whole scenario of what he described back then-she was using. but I'm sure they would get on now that she's in a better place.

Adele was on Dutch TV a few days ago, which I saw by luck, and she did a song with the word "wonderful" repeatedly used in it; it was a dramatic song, and her performance of it was epic, no less. She is talent personified. Tom Jones talked about female British songbirds (Amy, Duffy, Adele, Amy, Lily, Kate*, etc.) being responsible for the success of British music nowadays, and he's right, of course... I mean, it's Tom Jones!;-)
*Edit: Nash - 2nd album release ? summer 2009

Kate Nash Understands Amy Winehouse
December 17th, 2007

British pop star Kate Nash sympathizes with troubled singer Amy Winehouse, because she understands how easy it is to become addicted to drugs in the "dark, seedy" music business. The Foundations hit maker, 20, claims drug taking in the music industry is "so easy", and she is frequently offered illegal substances.
Nash says, "I can totally see why people like me turn to drugs. That's why I'd never criticize Amy Winehouse for what she's going through. I understand why she's gone that way - it would be so easy for me to get my hands on any drug I wanted. This business has a seriously dark, seedy side. You have people on the payroll whose job it is to get you drugs. But I don't want to go down that road. I can't do it. I don't want to be some prima donna using drugs to keep me sane."

"You have those moments where you'd rather be anywhere else but where you are, and be anyone else rather than yourself. In the end, I just decided to change my attitude and play music really loud to make me feel better."

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/12/17/kate_nash_understands_amy_winehouse_

Kate Nash: Amy Winehouse Should Have Won My NME Award
March 1st, 2008

KATE NASH was named Best Solo Artist at the NME Awards, but she thought it should have gone to Amy Winehouse.
The Foundations singer said: "I get really nervous about awards but I genuinely didn't think I would win this one at all.
"If the chance came to work with Amy, I'd be pleased. She is an amazing performer.
"I thought Amy would win it and I came along to support the Cribs, my boyfriend Ryan's band.
"I wanted the Cribs to clean up this time.
"I don't like to think we have trophy rivalry in the relationship. I just thought Ryan's band deserved the recognition."
Kate also has come clean about a dirty new track she's written, which was inspired by the loud people she saw at a showbiz party.
"I've written a B-side," she said. "I had been to a party with people going on about their anorexia and how great they are and it was all hangers-on.
"It was so gross I went and wrote the song in five minutes."
Kate is also looking forward to Glastonbury Festival in June.
She said: "Jay Z is playing so I am hoping I'll be meeting Beyonce backstage.
"I really want us to be friends."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/music/music-news/2008/03/01/kate-nash-amy-winehouse-should-have-won-my-nme-award-86908-20336062/

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 23 April 2009 - 11:38 AM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#11 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:53 AM

His stuff is not too bad. I liked his first album better tho. The second one is too poppy for my taste, but he covered Nothing Ever Hurt Like you and it sounds amazing! He has one hell of a voice if you ask me...

There is NO need of pointing out how high she were when they met and such but
he's been nice enough I guess.
Posted Image

#12 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:55 AM

Apologies Kev. He is awesome(saw the video). I've had a bad week and read what he said above and I took it wrong. :(

#13 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

Kate Nash on Amy Winehouse

Removed to the edit of 3 posts back, considering the off-topicness.

Edited by Winehousedrunk, 23 April 2009 - 11:36 AM.

Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#14 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

Have nothing against him.
Really love his second album. Don't think he would collaborate with Wino well though...
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#15 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

I don't like to say it, seeing the support he gets from many here, but for me James Morrison is too much a copy of Stevie Wonder, and less powerful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users