36 replies to this topic

#1 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:41 PM

Hope this is true, because it could result in videos on YouTube:

AMY WINEHOUSE is getting a big fat cheque to perform at a Greek wedding tonight.

The troubled songbird has been hired for a cool £20,000 to sing at the celebration - which is just down the road from her home in Hertfordshire.
It beats a David Bowie tribute act.
Once the feasting has finished, Amy will warble her hits plus a few covers.
A source said: "Amy agreed to do it because it was a nice little earner and didn't involve a lot of travel."
I'm sure the father of the bride will give her a generous bar tab too.
When Amy was booked for the event she was invited to join in with Greek traditions - a bit of plate smashing. That, and Wino doing Zorba's dance, will make for great wedding video footage.
Another age-old Greek ritual is to throw money at musicians - so Amy will have plenty of dog-eared notes to buy her White Lightning with this week.
Fingers crossed the wedding gig will mean she'll be too busy for a repeat of last weekend's late-night tryst with druggie ex BLAKE FIELDER-CIVIL.
He's one man who would be sweeping up the notes from the floor before Amy could say no to rehab.
If you are at the Wino wedding in Hertfordshire this weekend, I'd love to see pics and video. Get in touch...

http://www.thesun.co...e-her-palm.html

#2 lnz

lnz

I'll buy the Rizla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:22 AM

I think if it was my wedding, I'd just want her to do covers. Infidelity and heartbreak just don't seem like good themes for a wedding!
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

#3 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:44 AM

Well. there's another "wish I had been there" moment. What a lovely experience that would have been.

Seems to me they got her pretty cheap. Then again, she hasn't yet got back to the heights she once commanded, so maybe there's a discount for that. Or maybe she was just trying to keep it affordable for them.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#4 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:52 AM

Sounds like a favor for friends, with money for whatever band members/ accompanists she has to back her. Can't imagine a bigger fatter Greek wedding!

#5 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:46 AM

I love when they call her a songbird(won't always be troubled) and that she will warble. I take both as very warm compliments. It seems affectionate. Know what I'm talking about?

Whoops, the Sun...what do I know?

#6 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 04:29 AM

hasn't she done one of these, like maybe in Russia...was it a wedding, an opening...? the memory ain't as sharp these days.
keep her away
from the chardonnay!!!!

#7 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:50 AM

She did a private gig in Moscow for some Russian oligarch's girlfriend who was opening an art gallery, if I recall correctly.

And she did one in Paris for Fendi. That was scary because she had the swollen cheek due to the skin infection.

I think she was paid $1M for each.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#8 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:30 AM

I think she was paid $1M for each.

I think the Russian gig was more - £1M.

#9 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:45 AM

OMG YAAAAAAAY.
That`s just simply fantastic. My Amy coming closer to the traditions of my own country<3 YAY.
That`s just so cool. I hope she doen`t freak out with the place smashing and the "opa" singing though.
hahahaha. That`s SO SO great.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#10 Domi

Domi

Some Unholy War

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:35 AM

I hope it's true, I hope it's true, I hope it's true!!! :D

And she did one in Paris for Fendi. That was scary because she had the swollen cheek due to the skin infection.

I remember that, it didn't look good. Poor Winehouse.

Forever in my heart! I love you Amy.

#11 Sweetsklet

Sweetsklet

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

If true, this are definitly good news! I'm always really happy when I read that Amy performs somewhere even if it's just a private celebration. It brings her closer to her music again and I'm sure if it goes good (like the V-festival) it will help her confidence!

On a side note ... what a lucky bride and groom! hahaha
"FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE"
Janis Joplin

Posted Image

#12 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:26 PM

Starving musicians everywhere would kill for a $20,000 wedding gig.

Problem is, they aren't Amy.

#13 Ms.Magic

Ms.Magic

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:29 PM

I agree with Sweetsklet but i also think that it can become boring to her to sing always the same old songs.
I can't wait for a new album. She needs to focus on that. Re-invent herself!
It's Me & Mrs.Jones :heart:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:42 PM

Her boredom with her songs is about her, not the music. You can breathe new life into a song every time you sing it. :)

Tony Bennett said he never gets tired of singing San Francisco. That's a singer who knows where his bread is buttered.

She needs a solid set, then let nature take over.

Lose yourself, Amy.

#15 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:46 PM

I agree with Sweetsklet but i also think that it can become boring to her to sing always the same old songs.
I can't wait for a new album. She needs to focus on that. Re-invent herself!

We don't really know what she'll be singing...she could be doing some random new songs, new covers, etc.

...anyway, I agree with Phil (Pearljo). As we know, she has the wonderful capacity to breathe new life into her songs each time she sings them.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users