5 replies to this topic

#1 shaylaxtx

shaylaxtx

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:17 AM

this is from the daily star so you know...

but it's claiming Amy blew through most of her fortune and only has about 1 million left (about 1.4 mil USD)

AMY Winehouse’s fortune has slumped by £9million as she pays the price for her wild party lifestyle.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; }
Shock new accounts reveal her bank balance has plunged from £10m last year to £1m after her music career stalled.

Recovering junkie Amy has not released an album since the hit Back To Black three years ago.

The 26-year-old jazz wreck appears to have blown her cash on wild nights out and her extended holiday on Caribbean isle St Lucia. Documents sent to Companies House reveal Amy’s three firms are now worth £1,067,328.

The sum is tiny compared to the £10m the 2008 Sunday Times Rich List estimated. A source said: “Amy’s voice has made her a fortune, but her lifestyle costs a lot to maintain.

“There is still cash coming in from royalties.

“But a new album or tour would really help top up her coffers.”

However, another insider stressed the singer still makes a fortune from Back To Black and added: “The firms are not the only place she keeps her money.”

Amy’s main firm Cherry Westfield retained over £700,000 of her fortune, while CW Touring held £366,515 and Goal Music ended the year with £656.

The slump comes despite parents Mitch and Janis taking control of finances earlier this year.

http://www.dailystar...no-wad-shrinks/

i don't think it's totally made up considering the new mansion she bought, her huge st lucia stint in a luxury villa, she funded Lioness records out of her own pocket, and the recording studio she built that was over 1 mil alone but who knows. got my thinking..maybe this is the real reason Blake dropped his demand for millions...

#2 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:31 AM

nah, i don't believe it. everyone has taken a hit in this recession, according to Forbes. but i doubt she's down to her last million. and i'm certainly not going to give any credence to a rag that refers to her as recovering junkie....

#3 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:30 AM

A story that sells, who the hell cares about that? This crap is made in a way to make Amy look how she lost a lot due to her life style, but like shaylaxtx said (thanks for the article, btw), she had bought a pretty big house, she financed Lioness and I'm pretty sure that she has some acquisitions that worth something.

#4 Amy-Fan2

Amy-Fan2

You know i'm no good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

i think she is back to 5 mil or more after the house and record company not 1 ....

#5 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:27 PM

It's true that she's a 'recovering addict', but I call balderash and bullcrap about her money being gone. Either someone's embezzling big time or Great Britain chomped up her dough in taxes! Gotta side with AmyFan, maybe it got lowered to $5-7 mil........
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#6 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:41 PM

Very doubtful. Royalties don't stop because you're on drugs ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users