• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

Interview with Sir Mitchell of Winehouse:

http://www.holymoly....-winehouse40740

HM: How are you Mitch?

MW: Fine, thank you.

So can you just start by explaining what it is that you're promoting and what your show is all about?

Which show are you talking about?

Erm, the back of the cab one when you're driving people around.

Yeah, we've already done one with David Hasselhoff, so there's a celebrity in the back and we're just talking about current affairs. David Hasselhoff was slightly different as we had him in the cab for a couple of hours. But generally speaking there'll be a celebrity in the back of the cab talking about celebrity news and we just have a laugh.

What was The Hoff like?

Good guy. Terrific guy.

He's got a few problems at the moment hasn't he?

Never had any problems with me that day.

Did you ever expect to find yourself in the limelight as much as you have done over the last couple of years?

Would you say it was the limelight?

Well you've unwittingly become a kind of a spokesman for not just your daughter but beleaguered parents worldwide I guess.

I'm happy, but I'm not a spokesman. The idea of being part of the House of Commons Select committee (Mitch spoke to the Home Affairs Committee about drugs) was to raise awareness for families who are struggling with addiction. And I'm happy to do that but I'm certainly not a spokesman for it. A couple of months ago it was taboo, now a lot of people are talking about it so just that in itself I think is a good result. But unfortunately the limelight can be seductive.

Do you think that Amy would have had the same problems had she not been in the limelight. Is it hardwired into our brains?

I think..... I don't know. I mean there's plenty of people in the limelight who haven't got problems and there's plenty of people that do.So it's a difficult question don't you think?

You must find it tough being her dad and seeing all that kicking off?

Being Amy's dad? It's great being Amy's dad. Amy\s not responsible for what people write in the press!

But she's also very opinionated, even without the drugs!

People are entitled to their opinions aren't they?

But do you not just wish that sometimes she would just button it? This week she had a go on you on Facebook regarding her renewed relationship with Blake - that must...

(Interrupts) Hold on a sec (speaks quite firmly to someone else) He's trying to talk to me about Blake and Amy all the time - Listen, it's not about Amy and Blake - this is all about the Living thing, you know - this was the agreement.

I didn't know anything about an agreement?

Listen, I'm happy to talk about it in general terms about Amy doing fine, but you don't really expect me to talk about that do you? (Considering he's done nothing but talk about Amy for 4 years, I actually kind of did)

Erm Ok, but it's been all in the press this week therefore I didn't think you'd mind.

There was no comment from me about it.

OK fine. Moving on swifty - So what other celebrities have you got lined up for the show?

I don't know I'm waiting to hear.

Oh. How do you deal with celebrities in general then?

In my time with Amy (Who? Oh Amy! His daughter!) over the last six or seven years I've met many, many celebrities, hundreds. David Hasselhoff was just like the rest of them - a really nice, down to earth guy. I've met Elton John, Mick Jagger, David Schwimmer (CLANG!), you couldn't meet nicer people. So really the way to deal with them and speak to them is to do so in the way that you and I are talking to each other. I don't think they appreciate being revered or any nonsense like that. I think they just appreciate being spoken to in a normal way.

Did you come across any celebrities before Amy became famous? Just as a general cabbie around London? The classic "you'll never guess who I had in the back of my cab?"

Had a few, but the thing is I wasn't a typical cab driver. Not sounding miserable(!), I didn't really talk to people.

Oh. Who would you get a bit star-struck about?

Tony Bennett. When Amy won the five grammies and he announced it she just went absolutely potty. She never gets excited about anything, but that night she just went crazy because she said Tony Bennett spoke to her. That was a great night.

So who would be the worst?

Nick Griffin.

Really?

Has that surprised you?!

No - I wouldn't necessarily class him as a celebrity although I'm sure he would.

He's not a celebrity, but these so-called celebrities they're just trying to make their own way in life. Take Katie Price for instance, she's just a successful woman, but not my cup of tea. But really she's probably like everybody else, she just wants a quiet life.

You really think she wants a quiet life?!

Yeah, everyone does.

Well she seems to be doing everything in her power to give herself the complete opposite of a quiet life. She doesn't do herself any favours.

She probably doesn't care. I admire. She makes decisions.

Look forward to seeing the programmes.

Cheers

Edited by Lainey, 12 November 2009 - 05:47 PM.

"I've got hair like them"

#2 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

"You really think she wants a quiet life?!
Yeah, everyone does."
Uh, no Mitch.

Thanks for posting Lainey!
And I go back to... I go back to us.

Bruised, battered and desparate for a fag she may be, but Amy is our 21st Century Piaf: flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering. Think of her this way and hope that the still remarkably young woman under the eyeliner thinks that way too. - Jude Rogers, The Word

#3 brando

brando

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:04 PM

interesting. thanks lainey
The Lioness has rejoined her cub, and all is right in the jungle.

#4 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

sounds like Mitch got ambushed. there are usually terms set before an interview, and this person thought he would sneak one in. i don't blame Mitch for setting him straight.

i saw an interview with Streisand and Barbra Walters years ago where Babs looked at Walters after an inapropriate question and said, "this isn't good." and that was that, the interview stopped, cameras shut down for a period and the thing resumed with a new line of questioning.

can't trust the media.

#5 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:16 PM

The whole: "Don't want to talk about Amy" makes NO sense at all. What other thing he'd say would be interesting to the general public? A bit wrong in my opinion. Just read him saying something like that in Twitter too and it's a bit stupid really.
Posted Image

#6 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

How are you, Mitch?

Fine, fank you.

#7 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

ugh. *chants* WRONG WINEHOUSE! WRONG WINEHOUSE! *END CHANT*

#8 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

Mitch must have expected to be asked about Amy but he should not have to comment on intensely personal matters like her relationship with Blake. Only Amy can do that, so Mitch was right to set the journalist straight. All in all, I thought the journalist was very unprofessional.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#9 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

I loved it when that reporter played stupid, "I didn't know there was an agreement". Seriously, how stupid did he think Mitch was??? Lordy be..........
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#10 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:07 PM

Ok...WTFFF Mitch?
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#11 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

He should have checked Holy Moly before doing the interview. You can't expect ANY other thing from a gossip site like that. You can't be that foolish at that age and being a cabbie (dunno about London cabbies, but spanish ones are rats!)
Posted Image

#12 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

seems like Mitch thought he had checked, Pablo. He mentions an agreement, and this sleazebag writer put him on the spot in spite of it.
But whatever, I'm glad Mitch stood up to him...

#13 Domi

Domi

Some Unholy War

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:49 PM

He should have checked Holy Moly before doing the interview. You can't expect ANY other thing from a gossip site like that. You can't be that foolish at that age and being a cabbie (dunno about London cabbies, but spanish ones are rats!)

Exactly, totally agree with you. In my opinion, Mitch is a little bit obsessed of this whole Amy discussion. I mean, maybe it's off-topic, but today I replied to his tweet (it was about shopping or smth) then he left me a message on twitter asking who I am. I answered, told that I run Amy fansite and he said that I came to the wrong place because he doesn't discuss Amy here....I was like "What the fuck?" :-S Who said that I wanted to talk about Amy? Jesus. I am an adult, just a normal person with no Amy obsession and I do respect other people. Shizzz:D

Forever in my heart! I love you Amy.

#14 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

^ yet he doesn't have his wife or son with him in his profile pic - just amy

#15 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members