Photo
- - - - -

Winehouse's Surprise Pub Gig

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:35 AM

05 October 2010 22:12

Amy Winehouse - Winehouse's Surprise Pub Gig

Posted Image

Caption: Amy Winehouse (Picture) leaving a secret charity gig called 'Apocalypstick' at The Hawley Arms in Camden Town, London. The gig was in aid of 'Nordoff Robbins Music Therapy Charity'. Amy looked tired and miserable. London, England ....

Winehouse's Surprise Pub Gig

AMY WINEHOUSE stunned drinkers at a London pub on Monday night (04Oct10) when she took to the stage for a one-off charity performance.
The Back to Black singer was a guest at the Hawley Arms' monthly charity club night and surprised the organisers by participating in the event.
Organiser Izzy Lawrence says, "Amy just whispered to me, 'I know I'm not on the lineup but do you mind if I play?' Obviously I wasn't going to say no and she got up and played and it was amazing."
The 27 year old belted out six songs, including Tears Dry On Their Own and a number of new tracks - and the previously unheard material was well received.
Lawrence adds, “It's quite upbeat, quite funky, very soulful. I think this is going to be massive. If those songs are going to be on the new album, it's going to be huge."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/winehouses-surprise-pub-gig_1169290
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#2 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

^She probably looked pensive and/or tired after the gig because she had just performed some of her new material for the first time, which is a testing experience for any artist, a big treshold to be taken, even more so after a long in between period of uncertainty and problems. To me they're all signs that she's making progress on many levels.:)
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#3 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

And then there was the truth!

http://www.mirror.co...15875-22612270/

#4 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

^ I don't mind the Daily Mirror too much. It's one of the slightly less obnoxious tabloids.
"I've got hair like them"

#5 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:22 PM

Why can Amy still pass for a 21 year old? lol She is so adorable.

#6 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

Yeah, the Mirror is less insidious than most; I believe it is Amy's tabloid of choice, I have seen her with the odd copy.

It's still pretty full of shite.... I'm seriously tempted to change my subscription. Not sure how much longer I can justify buying a comic every morning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users