6 replies to this topic

#1 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

http://hmv.com/hmvwe...1;-1&sku=813015

This is weird, you can pre order an un-titled new Amy album on HMV that is supposedly released on 17.01.11
Let Your Freak Flag Fly

#2 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

I hope they have faith in Amy's new music and aren't trying to see how many people are gullible enough to pre order an album they haven't heard based off of her name alone.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#3 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:51 AM

oh, i don't think i like that one bit

#4 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:24 AM

Weird. I'll probably pre-order the album, but eh.. I think I'll wait till it actually has a title. Is she even done recording yet!?
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#5 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:22 AM

I hope I didn't come off negative lol I just don't get the point of them doing that.

And I HIGHLY doubt her album is ready. Although I adore "It's My Party" I don't think I'd be able to take those kind of vocals throughout an entire album. I'm hoping that if they feel she is ready to release an album, they give the proper time. I kinda think the Brazil concerts are a bit of a warm up to see how she'll hold up. I just hate the idea that sometimes it seems that "Amy Winehouse" is like a character to her. Like the St Lucia gig. She'd been there the entire time with her hair down and looking amazing but when it was time to put on a show, the beehive went up and the eyeliner was on.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#6 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:56 AM

^Well those concerts are (probably) recorded, private footage at least, so no wonder she always wants to look classy, to have her look, the beehive and eyeliner. I'd like to see the "hair down" look in a concert. it's be weird but cool! :bigsmilie:

#7 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

I always had the feeling she ain`t ready to stop using the beehive look & heavy eyeliner. Like,sure she can go on without using it for some period of time {St Lucia,some days after she got back} but the look without the beehive just...never lasts. I truly believe she thinks it`s a HUGE part of herself as an artist. Like people won`t feel it`s "Amy Winehouse" performing without seeing the crazy slim,tattooed diva with the huge beehive & eyeliner. It`s more like an "image" to her now and if that's truly the case and I'm not talking bullshit I must say I'm kinda sad about that. Cause I`ve always been a huge admirer of the beehive look only cause I though she herself considered it as a part of who she is and as a part of general self expression. Not simply as an "image" thing to support her whole "Winehouse" as artist presence.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users