injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:27 AM

http://www.digitalsp...-was-lucky.html

Mark Ronson: 'Grammy win was lucky

Tuesday, December 14 2010, 11:59am ESTBy Robert Copsey, Music Reporter

Mark Ronson has revealed that he believes his Grammy win was "luck of the draw".

The singer and producer, who won the prestigious award for working on Amy Winehouse's album Back To Black, insisted that he was lucky to win the prize, but remains grateful for it today.

In an interview with online show The Producers, he said: "It was kind of ridiculous to look back on winning a Grammy for Producer of the Year and think that you're in the company of Quincy Jones and Rick Rubin and Dr Dre.

"I think it obviously had a lot to do with Amy's record being so wildly popular that year, but I'm incredibly grateful for it. I mean some of my favorite producers have never won it, so it's a bit of the luck of the draw."

On what makes a successful producer, he explained: "I think maybe having a bit of an encyclopedic knowledge helps, like I know a lot of DJs that became good producers that have that sort of record library in your head.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#2 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

He did amazing work on that album and pretty much had a break out year.

I never knew such a category existed until Mark won.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users