17 replies to this topic

#1 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:21 AM

I know this is tabloid trash, and we've heard similar things many times before, but aaaargh! Hope this is true!

AMY Winehouse has recorded a duet with soul star Cee Lo Green for her long awaited third album.

I can reveal the follow-up to Back To Black is said to be as strong as anything the 27-year-old has ever done.

A source said: “Her voice is as good as ever.

“She might look frail when you see her but don’t be deceived, the voice is still there.”

Cee Lo, 36, was in St Lucia at the same time as Amy, working with Sal aam Remi, who produced his latest album The Lady Killer.

My source said: “Amy has a house in St Lucia and decided to fly out.

“She and Cee Lo just clicked and he said he wouldn’t leave the island until the track was done.

“Amy’s album is entirely finished, so it’s just a case of the record company deciding when to release it.”

After gigs in Brazil this month proved Amy is back on track, I’m hopeful the disc will come sooner rather than later.

Cee Lo, whose new single Bright Lights Bigger City, is due to be released on April 4, is to perform No 1 smash Forget You at the BRIT Awards next month.

He tours the UK from March 26, kicking off in Glasgow.

Who wouldn’t love it if Amy popped up at the BRITs to debut their duet?

http://www.dailystar...-Green-in-duet/

#2 jejaynes15

jejaynes15

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:09 AM

Yeah you beat me too the post! ;)

I hope its true also...

#3 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:38 PM

I'd like it to be true, but considering it's the Daily Star whose articles tend to be 99% pulled out of their own a**es I'm sceptical... Still hopeful though :)

#4 malaroda

malaroda

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

Nope, not getting my hopes up, happened to many times before. I won't believe anything about new album until official release from record company. But, duet with Cee Lo Green sounds like a good thing...
Posted Image
Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest, oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!

#5 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

Hoping with all my heart this ain't bullshit.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#6 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:30 AM

If the album is done, and is of good quality, I can't think of why Universal would be holding it up. It would sell like hotcakes.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#7 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:43 AM

it's always about timing. i remember lilys 2nd album was pushed back for 6 months despite being finished as EMI wanted to capitalise on summer or something ridiculous. gagas new albums finished and its not coming out til May

#8 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:22 PM

that sucks . wish they would go ahead and release the album. We should go to the record company and start a strike until they release it. lol
you would figure they would release considering the fact this is one of the most anticipated albums all of time

Edited by jcable06, 23 January 2011 - 05:04 PM.

Posted Image
James Dean ....

#9 PhemiosRK

PhemiosRK

Plz, at least Im not openin 4 a c* like Kanye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:41 PM

I've been waiting for so long and I don't think I'm ready for another heartbreak but besides ds' reputation this sounds kinda solid....to me xD
can some rep person plz confrim? lol
''If you could think of a four letter word to call someone, wouldn't it be better than 'brat'? ''

#10 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:14 AM

Some news from her label would be nice. If her shows keep going well, then hopefully, they give the go ahead.

It seems like if you aren't single friendly, you should go for the end of the year or very beginning. Hopefully thats not the case.

#11 amydinah

amydinah

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

wonderful

#12 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

I don't see them releasing her album until late July Internationally & August (US). I thinkit maybe different this time around. I mean, Back To Black practically sold itself through word of mouth last time. Now, they actually have to put some thought into the release.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#13 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:37 AM

I wonder if it's true...numerous collaborations...

http://www.todayszam...appearance.html

Amy Winehouse set for rare Turkey appearance

09 April 2011, Saturday / TODAY’S ZAMAN, İSTANBUL

Amy Winehouse is finally headed for Turkey. Come June, Turkish fans of Winehouse will finally get to watch the diva of soul music perform live at an open-air gig in İstanbul, the concert’s organizers announced Friday.

The announcement for the June 20 concert was also made on the official website of the British singer-songwriter. Tickets for the headline show at İstanbul’s Küçük Çiftlik Park will go on sale on Tuesday, added the website, amywinehouse.com.
Winehouse is currently working on her upcoming CD, which will be her first studio album since 2006’s “Back to Black,” with which she became the first British singer to win five Grammys -- including three of the “Big Four”: Best New Artist, Record of the Year and Song of the Year -- at the 50th annual Grammy Awards, in 2008.
The 27-year-old Winehouse will present a collection of her hits, old and new, in her İstanbul appearance, which will be part of her tour for her upcoming album, an eagerly anticipated project that will also feature numerous collaborations with fellow stars, said Pozitif, the concert’s Turkish organizers. Concert tickets will be sold through Biletix

Edited by suestev07, 11 April 2011 - 12:39 AM.

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#14 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:34 AM

I don't see them releasing her album until late July Internationally & August (US). I thinkit maybe different this time around. I mean, Back To Black practically sold itself through word of mouth last time. Now, they actually have to put some thought into the release.

Very true.

I remember I heard YKIKG remix on a hip hop station and they were saying she's a great new girl from England. For what kind of station that is, that was amazing. Later I got on youtube for hours on end and fell in love with her music and performances.

#15 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:36 AM

I wonder if it's true...numerous collaborations...

http://www.todayszam...appearance.html

Amy Winehouse set for rare Turkey appearance

09 April 2011, Saturday / TODAY’S ZAMAN, İSTANBUL

Amy Winehouse is finally headed for Turkey. Come June, Turkish fans of Winehouse will finally get to watch the diva of soul music perform live at an open-air gig in İstanbul, the concert’s organizers announced Friday.

The announcement for the June 20 concert was also made on the official website of the British singer-songwriter. Tickets for the headline show at İstanbul’s Küçük Çiftlik Park will go on sale on Tuesday, added the website, amywinehouse.com.
Winehouse is currently working on her upcoming CD, which will be her first studio album since 2006’s “Back to Black,” with which she became the first British singer to win five Grammys -- including three of the “Big Four”: Best New Artist, Record of the Year and Song of the Year -- at the 50th annual Grammy Awards, in 2008.
The 27-year-old Winehouse will present a collection of her hits, old and new, in her İstanbul appearance, which will be part of her tour for her upcoming album, an eagerly anticipated project that will also feature numerous collaborations with fellow stars, said Pozitif, the concert’s Turkish organizers. Concert tickets will be sold through Biletix

How would he know?

We've only heard Cee-Lo, Nas & Damian anyway

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users