13 replies to this topic

#1 You'reWonderingNow

You'reWonderingNow

The lights are on but no one's home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:00 AM

AMY WINEHOUSE has been given more health warnings than a deep-fried Mars Bar.
But the singer really must listen to her latest ultimatum - quit boozing or die.

Doctors at The Priory, where she is currently being treated, gave her a final warning along with enough home truths to put her off turbo shandies for life.

A source said: "It's the last chance saloon for Amy. Doctors have come down hard on her because of the severity of her situation. It's a harsh reality but she had to hear it."

It's not the first time Amy has been given harsh words at the famous rehab clinic. She had several stints in The Priory between 2007 and 2009 to help treat her addiction to Class A drugs.

Also listening to the doc's bedside lecture were dad MITCH and boyfriend REG TRAVISS.

And her two most trusted men begged her to heed the professionals' advice.

The source added: "They are worried about her. Mitch has been down this road before during Amy's drug addiction. But she is there of her own accord this time and wants to sort herself out."

Let's hope so.

Her boozing meant she was unable to accompany film director Reg to the red carpet premiere of his new movie Screwed last night in London.

She was supposed to be dressed to the nines but was probably in her dressing gown watching The One Show instead.

Wino checked into The Priory last week after downing a miniature of vodka at a north London corner shop while on her way to the clinic.

Amy hopes to sort out her problems ready for a number of shows in Europe this summer.

She is due to perform in Serbia, Greece, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Poland, Hungary and Romania.

The singer should try out a few non-alcoholic drinks so she can pick one to down instead of booze while on tour. Irn-Bru will be the only winner.

http://www.thesun.co...oze-or-die.html

I'm not sure this is totally true given its The Sun, but I think its obvious, and always has been, not just in Amy's case, that in the case of long-term alcohol and substance abuse problems, eventually enough is enough. We know we all love her, she just needs to get herself together and come back and blow the world away again. God bless her.

#2 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

think what you will of programs like AA and NA, but they do work. Amy is the stubborn sort, and probably believes she can do this on her own. check into rehab when the disease flares up, spend some time there and check out until the next flare up. anybody else might look at the hospitalizations, rehabs, and almost dying from an overdose as a wake up call for a clean and sober life. but this is a very powerful disease, and denial will kill anyone with this disease. it's up to her...

#3 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:31 AM

Funny how the Sun writes their news... I like " a source said:" they seem so reliable...and hey, they talked about Reg...

#4 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

New study: alcohol makes you stupid, alcohol detox makes you stupider.
http://medicalxpress...t226136841.html

Full article: http://www.sciencedi...006322311003817

#5 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:53 AM

I like that she owns up to it at least. She's been doing well for a while. She needs to find some alternatives. It's just weird to know that she actually looked like death a few years ago and survived but once she started doing better, things don't seem to be on the up. You've really got to take care of yourself. For someone with the mind set of them dying early, maybe the hardest part is her anxiety or something at this poiint. IDK. Girl has got to relax more.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#6 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

^ Being an anxious person myself, I don't understand why she is planned for all these big shows other than to make a lot of money very fast. I would prefer if Amy was starting with small gigs, in small theaters, and feel more confident about herself. I wonder if Reg will accompany Amy at some point, maybe this could help her to stay focused and be supported. (If he's still in the picture, that is,,)

#7 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:49 AM

New study: alcohol makes you stupid, alcohol detox makes you stupider.
http://medicalxpress...t226136841.html

Full article: http://www.sciencedi...006322311003817

How sad! Hope her people know this and do it right.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#8 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:10 AM

hmmm....

http://ca.shine.yaho...our-health.html

The researchers also discovered that chowing down on fish (or taking supplements—it comes in a gel cap so you don't taste anything) could help people with alcohol abuse problems resist the urge to drink.
You can do that by either buying a fish oil supplement, which are available in most grocery and health food stores or eating fish high in DHA. As a general rule of thumb, the colder the water the fish lives in, the higher the amount of DHA. Think: Alaskan salmon, herring, and mackerel.

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#9 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:05 AM

don't know about this voodoo stuff for alcoholism. cunning, powerful and baffling. particularly to one who was an opiate addict. look at Charlie Parker, Anita O'Day and the rest of them who got strung out only to kick and turn to alcohol. i wonder if Amy prays. i know for a fact that when one's spiritual life is slipping the call to use is stronger. i really hope she can pull it together, because as fed up as i get about the same old same old with her, i do still care. sometimes you just have to pull away to gain a fresh perspective, which is what i did.....

#10 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

She is 28 this year; she needs to start taking responsibility for herself.

I have been there; you can only rely on others for so long to kick you in the ass because eventually they get fed up of doing it. Even the ones that love you the most have to preserve their own sanity in the end.

I thought I could fix myself and I was wrong; Amy is wrong too. Sorry, harsh maybe, but it's a fact. Drink is bigger than the biggest man.

The penny drops at different rates for everyone but I hope it drops for her soon that this is HER problem and to tackle it alone. And of course.... you have to WANT to stop. And I mean REALLY want to stop.

#11 muggleno1

muggleno1

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

she should have listened hey!

#12 Guest_Trolleth_*

Guest_Trolleth_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

Hate to say i told you so but... well serves her right, she was told time and time again. Now shes dead!

#13 Devstylex

Devstylex

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

Very tragic

#14 mcgreg28

mcgreg28

Noob

• Members