2 replies to this topic

#1 You'reWonderingNow

You'reWonderingNow

The lights are on but no one's home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

REG TRAVISS is planning a weekend treat for recovering star AMY WINEHOUSE - a trip to the cinema to watch a brutal prison drama featuring shower-room beatings, stabbings and graphic scenes of drug and alcohol abuse.

But she's itching to see Screwed, directed by her dapper boyfriend himself, because she missed out on the premiere on Monday after going into rehab a few days earlier.

Reg, who has been dating the Back To Black singer for over a year, says he wasn't disappointed by her no show at the event and plans to take her to see the film as soon as she comes out of The Priory.

He said: "Obviously she couldn't come because she was otherwise engaged so she'll see the film when we go and watch it together.
"She's only seen bits, like the trailer and clips, because she was waiting to watch the whole thing, but I'm not disappointed that she couldn't come.
It was just an event for the film and if you can make it, great, but if you can't, no problem.

"We'll go and watch it by ourselves. We'll find a quiet little cinema we can go along to at the weekend and watch it."
And he said that the star, who is being treated for alcohol addiction, is on the mend although he was unable to say how long she would be in for treatment.
But he hinted that she was working on new songs while recovering.

Asked if she was winning the battle against alcohol: "She is. Absolutely.
"I don't really ask how long it will be because I know with an artist, you don't ask 'How long do you think?'"

And he said the same goes for the long-awaited release of her next album.
"If you say to a scriptwriter 'How long until it's finished' it puts too much pressure and I presume it's the same with song-writing. Better not to ask what the timeframes are. She's working all the time.'

Screwed is a brutal but effective drama starring up-and-coming actor JAMES D'ARCY as an ex-squaddie who becomes a guard in a high security prison.
Haunted by the horrific scenes encountered in Iraq, he finds life within the prison wall every bit as violent and disturbing as the warzone he left behind.
Surrounded by corruption and aggression, he hits a downward spiral of drink and drug abuse and his life begins to fall apart.

The film, which also stars NOEL CLARKE as the con who runs the wing, is loosely based on the real life of writer and RONNIE THOMPSON but Reg spoke to other prison officers and ex-cons before he began shooting the movie.
He said: "Ronnie was first port of call because he's a really interesting fella. He went from the army to the prison service and came out and he's now created this whole new life for himself as a bestselling author, but he's very articulate and he explains things very well and he's a fantastic observer.
"Through Ronnie I met a couple of ex and currently serving prison officers, and then I spoke to a few people I knew who had served time in prison to get their impression of screws.

"Luckily everything they said tallied up with Ronnie's stories."
Although he says he has been to visit friends and family in the nick, Londoner Reg has escaped the inside of a cell himself and says he was not a bad lad in his teenage years.
He said: "I was always good, by and large, gauging how I was by other people I knew at school and compared to how a lot of people behave on the streets these days.

"I had a strong family background and I would get up the usual teenage stuff.
"I used to go out and get drunk, stay out all night, sleep in shop doorways when I couldn't get home because the last train had gone after gigs, and I had run-ins with people, but I don't think I was ever a real tearaway."
Reg did get to see the inside of a real prison wing while shooting the movie at the disused Scarborough Jail in Yorkshire.
The director rented the building, now used as a council depot, and spent several weeks cooped up with cast and crew.
He said: "It was bizarre, it really added to the whole atmosphere. We had all 'the prisoners', the extras, and it was like being in a real prison, but it was our prison.
"It was almost like one of those social experiments that they do when they take people off the streets and some become prisoners and some become jailers.
"The 'convicts' all bonded together well, the screws really bonded well, and that was brilliant because I could play on that in the riot scene.

"We shot it towards the end of our time there and all the little tensions, or role-playing tensions, which had been building up, came out."
Screwed is the Brit film-maker's third movie, after Joy Division and Psychosis, and he is currently casting for his next British drama.
And he revealed he would consider casting his famous girlfriend in a movie, if the role was right.
He said: "She can act. I know she can act because she's a performer.
"Her stage act is a performance and acting is a performance, so I'm sure she can.
It would be very interesting to work with her and we'll have to see what happens in the future, if the right script and character came along because the worst thing of any actor is to take on a role that isn't right for them."
In the meantime he doesn't mind paying the full box office price to take her to Screwed and says he always digs into his own pocket to watch his movies.
He said: "When Psychosis came out I was like a cinema addict, I was finding cinemas showing it and I was rushing along to an early viewing or a late night viewing.
"My dad did the same, independently from me, which was quite comical. Members of the family were trying to find out what cinema my dad had decided to go to that night.
"That's the best thing about being a filmmaker - when you're film's in the cinema you go and see it. It's the biggest buzz in the world."
Screwed is in cinemas today.

http://www.thesun.co...-Winehouse.html

Sounds promising. I want to see Screwed.

#2 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

Very decent interview. I'm liking Reg more, thanks to this, though I never hated him to start with.

And he revealed he would consider casting his famous girlfriend in a movie, if the role was right.

I hope that happens!:)
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#3 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

^I like the fact he keeps a low profile.It shows he's more a man than Blake will ever be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users