32 replies to this topic

#16 You'reWonderingNow

You'reWonderingNow

The lights are on but no one's home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

I have the NME and OK! tributes to Amy. Today I also bought Grazia, Heat and Now. The latter has an 84 page tribute issue separate to the magazine. Although its a rag I like to see Amy given so much recognition, and although its pretty facile it does recognise not just her music, but her style and her hair etc. its pretty detailed and respectful. Its nice to see her celebrated so much as an icon. Heat has an interview with Daphne Barak, who I don't think too kindly of, claiming she spoke to Amy in June....Who knows? Grazia speaks to Sam Shaker who says she was drinking a lot before the end, and that she had broken up with Reg... He also said she was meant to be picking up some artwork she had commissioned from him from Jazz After Dark.

#17 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

Hopefully the NME will be on sale in the US soon....

#18 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

I received the NME today. They really did an outstanding job, I couldn't have asked for anything better, really. To come up with something as well put together and as thoughtfully written with just a few days notice is impressive. Excellent choice of pictures, too. I think Amy would approve - especially the article about Camden.

From Guy Garvey (Elbow). Love you, mate.

The word 'soul' in music has come to mean slick and cheesy, but Amy put so much of her sweet, troubled, complicated self into that amazing music that she reclaimed the word. She only ever sang her soul. I hope we can focus now on her music and not her personal life. To those who tried to rob her dignity, you failed.

#19 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:49 PM

Hopefully the NME will be on sale in the US soon....

It is...as of yesterday, when I got mine

#20 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:06 AM

I received the NME today. They really did an outstanding job, I couldn't have asked for anything better, really. To come up with something as well put together and as thoughtfully written with just a few days notice is impressive. Excellent choice of pictures, too. I think Amy would approve - especially the article about Camden.

From Guy Garvey (Elbow). Love you, mate.

Can I order it from their website? I'm looking now but can't find anything...
Any help would be appreciated.

"i'm a musician, fuck the rest"

1983 - 2011

#21 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:07 AM

http://shop.ebay.com...-All-Categories

#22 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

Thanks but I don't trust eBay. Both times I've used it, I've been ripped off, and eBay and Paypal did fuck all to help so I don't use eBay anymore. Thanks though.
:)

Is it still in the shops? Damn I want to buy all these magazines! I only have OK!

Haha! Pathetic.

1983 - 2011

#23 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:14 AM

Wino - maybe this might work if you can't find it in the shops? It will soon be a 'back issue'

For back issues of NME magazine please wing an email to backissues@johndentonservices.com or visit www.mags-uk.com/ipc

http://www.nme.com/contact

#24 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:18 AM

Wino - maybe this might work if you can't find it in the shops? It will soon be a 'back issue'

For back issues of NME magazine please wing an email to backissues@johndentonservices.com or visit www.mags-uk.com/ipc

http://www.nme.com/contact

Way ahead of ya, Lainey. I've just emailed them.
Thanks for your help.
:)

1983 - 2011

#25 Hazz

Hazz

R.I.P. Amy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

The prices are disgusting!
Well I woke up today and you're on the other side
Our time will never come again
But if you can still dream
Close your eyes it will seem
That you can see me now and then.

#26 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

I found the first 2 pages on Tumblr...

Oops sorry, this is slightly bigger

http://s103.photobuc...f9qro1_1280.png

Attached Files

Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#27 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

I have the NME and OK! tributes to Amy. Today I also bought Grazia, Heat and Now. The latter has an 84 page tribute issue separate to the magazine. Although its a rag I like to see Amy given so much recognition, and although its pretty facile it does recognise not just her music, but her style and her hair etc. its pretty detailed and respectful. Its nice to see her celebrated so much as an icon. Heat has an interview with Daphne Barak, who I don't think too kindly of, claiming she spoke to Amy in June....Who knows? Grazia speaks to Sam Shaker who says she was drinking a lot before the end, and that she had broken up with Reg... He also said she was meant to be picking up some artwork she had commissioned from him from Jazz After Dark.

I've just been out to buy the Now pull-out thingy. £2.99!!??!!?? I couldn't believe it!! They really are cashing in on her death. I still bought it ofcourse. But still... £2.99??? Crikey!

1983 - 2011

#28 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:57 PM

Today I bought 5 magazines...You know, in Greece it's very difficult to find international magazines... So, I went to a kiosk and I bought 'NME', 'Heat', 'People', 'In Touch Weekly' and 'Public' (French)...I also bought the British version of 'OK!' and the Greek magazine, 'Down Town'...I'd like to buy 'Vibe' magazine but I can't find it...It's the first time that I'm buying so many magazines...

#29 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

Today I bought 5 magazines...You know, in Greece it's very difficult to find international magazines... So, I went to a kiosk and I bought 'NME', 'Heat', 'People', 'In Touch Weekly' and 'Public' (French)...I also bought the British version of 'OK!' and the Greek magazine, 'Down Town'...I'd like to buy 'Vibe' magazine but I can't find it...It's the first time that I'm buying so many magazines...

Where from? i must get them!

60do5Ti.jpg

#30 StrongerThanMe

StrongerThanMe

♫ Like smoke I hang around ♫

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

Today I bought several international magazines: "NME", "Paris Match" (French) which has 14 pages with wonderful pics of Amy, "Re Vu" (Netherlands), special issue of "Now" magazine which is a 86 - page tribute issue, "Gala" (German), "Story" (Netherlands) & "Di più" (Italian) which has a nice poster of Amy at the MTV Europe Music Awards 2007 inside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users