Photo
- - - - -

Amy Winehouse - Why Her Music Will Last (Slate Article)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Creagle

Creagle

Great dreamers Cannot be tamed.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

If you're anything like me you've read dozens of articles on Amy Winehouse over the past couple days. But this one stands out as being especially insightful as to Amy the timeless artist...

http://www.slate.com...pagenum/all/#p2

#2 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

In my book she had everything to be legendary but I do agree and understand the points about her the small catalogue she left. Maybe another album or 2 would solidify with no question. As great and timeless as Back to Black is, it truly was the beginning of what she could do.

#3 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

that was a great article reconstructing so much of how her music was made, what made it so great.

I remember seeing a documentary on her also and that really disected her musical genius-that also helped to explain so much. wish i could remember the name of the documentary; it's one of the few out there.

thanks for the link.(sorry, I don't have a thank button)
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#4 Creagle

Creagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

that was a great article reconstructing so much of how her music was made, what made it so great.

I remember seeing a documentary on her also and that really disected her musical genius-that also helped to explain so much. wish i could remember the name of the documentary; it's one of the few out there.

thanks for the link.(sorry, I don't have a thank button)

Hi tunisianswife. Shame you can't remember the name of the documentary. I was just thinking last night whether any well executed fly-on-the-wall type docus exist of her. It would be fascinating beyond belief.

#5 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

I just went to Amazon.com to look because that is where I rented it from on-demand.

http://www.amazon.co...11808466&sr=1-1

you can watch a little bit for free like a preview before buying. it is not expensive and you can watch it right then and there.

hope that helps.

#6 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

This one?

#7 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:20 AM

yes, that's the one. there were two or 3 different musicians that dissected her musical abilities. they really explained it so well.

#8 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:33 AM

I was glad I looked it up. It had been up for years in 10 segments with Spanish subtitles. This is the first time I've seen full-length, and it was just put up yesterday. Downloading it now in case it gets taken down.

#9 Creagle

Creagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:28 AM

Awesome find. Thanks to the both of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users