32 replies to this topic

#1 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:31 AM

"In the wake of her death on Saturday, July 23, Amy Winehouse's second album, 2007's "Back to Black," re-enters the Billboard 200 albums chart this week at No. 9 with 37,000 sold in the U.S. according to Nielsen SoundScan. In the wake of her death on Saturday, July 23, Amy Winehouse's second album, 2007's "Back to Black," re-enters the Billboard 200 albums chart this week at No. 9 with 37,000 sold in the U.S. according to Nielsen SoundScan. The week previous, it sold just 1,000.

Amy Winehouse's Albums & Singles Headed Back to Billboard Charts

She also returns to the list with her debut set, 2004's "Frank," at No. 57 with 8,000 (up 4,100%).

There were more Winehouse albums purchased in past week (ending July 24) -- 55,000 -- than during the first six months of the year. Through the week ending July 17, her catalog had shifted 44,000 copies"

http://www.billboard...005293782.story

#2 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:36 AM

This is so bittersweet, but still I'm very happy and I can't wait until she hits the No.1 spot again next week. Come on guys, let's watch this happen!

I mean, I like Adele and everything, but it's time for her to move the fuck over.

#3 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:40 AM

yes, that only reflects a day and a half of sales!

#4 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

They always have to die for people to realize how good they were :(

#5 Hazz

Hazz

R.I.P. Amy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

[Amy Winehouse] could have as many as seven singles in the top 40 this weekend, and her Grammy Award-winning 2006 album Back to Black is currently behind only Adele's best-selling 21 in the album chart.

A spokesperson for the Official Charts Company said yesterday that the battle for this week's number one spot was "close".

Figures released by the Official Charts Company show her song "Back to Black" is at number 5, with "Rehab", "Tears Dry On Their Own" and "Love Is A Losing Game" at 22, 24 and 26, respectively.

Two other songs, "You Know I'm No Good" and "Valerie", are at numbers 33 and 35, while a second version of "Valerie" recorded with Mark Ronson is set to chart at number 39.

ind.pn/qhwESQ
Well I woke up today and you're on the other side
Our time will never come again
But if you can still dream
Close your eyes it will seem
That you can see me now and then.

#6 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:31 AM

B2B is currently #1 on Amazon, Frank is #3

#7 Anatolii Winehouse

Anatolii Winehouse

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

The Best!

#8 Hazz

Hazz

R.I.P. Amy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

Back to Black tops UK album chart:

Also in the UK singles chart, Tears Dry on Their Own was at number 27, Rehab was at 29, Love is a Losing Game was at number 33 and You Know I'm No Good was at 37.

Well I woke up today and you're on the other side
Our time will never come again
But if you can still dream
Close your eyes it will seem
That you can see me now and then.

#9 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

I never buy albums anymore from artists and most of the time i just download music from an artist's album on my phone.

But i am seriously considering buying both of Amy's albums. I need to realize that even though i may have all of the music already it doesnt hurt to actually have the work of art itself in my possession. Right?

Because these are iconic artists after all i dont think it makes sense if i just say that "oh i have their music already anyway" . I feel i should get the full experience. Im going to get into the habit of getting albums again and hopefully get the "feeling" most people had when they bought "Frank" and "Back to Black"

#10 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

Amy is not there to see her albums going up the charts. So, i don't really care for it. The people that really liked her music already knew her.

#11 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

Amy is not there to see her albums going up the charts. So, i don't really care for it. The people that really liked her music already knew her.

So she isnt allowed to have new fans? :(

#12 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

Time to buy that Frank album. And i know it's sad but her death will help her work, get more recognised... Because in some years from now there won't be any shit news about her p. life, only her music legacy will be remembered.

60do5Ti.jpg

#13 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

^I'm frustrated she's suddenly recognized, and that the money will go to her record company and family. The same company that didn't do much to help her to keep some dignity.

. I find it weird that suddenly people that were joking about her behavior are now saying how great she was....I mean, i know the new fans are there for the right reasons, I guess I feel a lot of anger when I see a sudden interest and success when a star dies. Mostly when you feel that there was a fail in proper management and support she should have received.

Of course, I'm not saying she shouldn't have new fans, but Amy is not there and she didn't die because she was eighty. She died because she had addictions and had a hard time to keep her head up, out of the water. She should have been treated properly. She would be here today. Instead, she was booked for a major tour in big events just a week after going in rehab....I know I put everything and nothing in this, but I'm pissed off right now. And i'm not calm and zen about her death.

Sorry JJ if I offended you, but my comment was not directed to the real fans, but to the industry of music, stars, paps, medias and all this shit.

#14 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

I get your point and i agree that a change in stance is hypocricy, but before her death for me she was just a good singer that had some great hits, did know nothing about her drug/alcohol addiction and relationships.

I also consider her company to be the main reason for her death. Not only they shouldn't have sent her to these tours, but they had to be the first ones to care about her health. Even if all that matters to them is money couple more albums would be better than this.

But i am just looking at the bright side of all this.

60do5Ti.jpg

#15 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

I don't think it matters when you become a fan, as long as you are one. Sometimes, you miss out on things because you don't look into them. I also think it kind of sucks that she had to die before others could realize she was brilliant. No more pap pictures, no more bad press. All that's left is her music, so now people pay attention. It sucks, but it is what it is. As long as people find a new love for her I'm happy with it. I want everyone to know and love her. That's not possible but the thought of other people finding her music and liking it makes me content with at least something out of all this.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users