Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:20 PM

#2 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

kind of you to upload. unfortunately, can't get it here in the US.

I thought we were all friends....allies......cousins....lol
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#3 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

Off topic, but the 8th of august is a date that might ring a bell with some of the vets on here..
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#4 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

unfortunately, can't get it here in the US.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/14446560

#5 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

dionne is so poised for such a young age.

#6 gretski101

gretski101

:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

id really love to see the full version of her singing love is a losing game at her most reason gigs when she dedicated it to amy.. does anyone have a video of it?
Loved Amy since July 2007.

#7 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

Dionne is something really special. The maturity in that young girl is just... remarkable. It's interesting that she says "when it finally sinks in..." and you hear about Mitch keeping busy and even with some of us fans, it hasn't really sunk in yet. I know Amy's not here but I feel like I miss her because I MISS her, not because she died. If that makes sense. It's like when a loved one goes off somewhere. It's that sort of feeling. It's not remorse or sorrow. It's a genuine loving thing where you know they're alright, you just wish you could see them.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#8 R3HAB

R3HAB

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

Off topic, but the 8th of august is a date that might ring a bell with some of the vets on here..

That reminds me. LOL !

#9 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

Not available in my country, damn it. Can someone tell a little bit what she says?

#10 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:04 PM

Dionne Bromfield: I still can't believe Amy Winehouse is dead

The devastated 15-year-old also revealed how Amy was ‘the best I’ve ever seen her’ just days before her sudden death.

Dionne and Amy shared a very close relationship, with the jazz star signing the young talent up to her Lioness record company.

At the time the news broke about Amy, Dionne had tweeted: 'I feel like apart of my Soul has departed with the beautiful Song Bird Amy....Please Say a PRAY...She loved everyone.x'

But she has now described the moment she found out Amy had died and admitted the news still hasn't sunk in.

Speaking to Radio 1’s breakfast show, she said: 'I still don’t believe it, it’s not sunk in. At Amy’s funeral it hit me hard. But now I hear about her a lot, you see pictures of her, she’s on the radio, so it’s like she’s there, but you can’t physically see or feel her.

Dionne told how heart-breaking it was to see Amy appear to be combatting her addiction to alcohol and drugs but then hear of her death just days later.

‘The last time I saw her she was fine. I think that was the best time I’ve ever seen her.

‘I’ve done a song called Get Over It and she was in the corner crying. It’s such a shame to know she was at her best moment and three days later she was gone,' she added.

Amy was found dead in her north London home on July 23. Police have described the death as 'unexplained' as they await toxicology test results.

Dionne continued to explain the heart-breaking way she found out her godmother had died just minutes before she was due to perform on stage in Cardiff.

'I was in my dressing room 15 minutes before I was due onstage. My mum found out about an hour before but she didn’t tell me as I was about to perform and there have been so many hoaxes. No one wanted to believe it.
'The whole atmosphere went from being happy to everyone just quiet, so I thought, "OK, something’s going on", and I got someone’s iPad and looked on Google. Then I said, "It’s true, isn’t it?"

'I didn’t have a chance to think, my mind went blank, at first I was thinking, "It’s not true," because it’s happened two times before, you think it’s just some sick rumour, you’re waiting for someone to say it’s not true.

'I was thinking, "Oh God, I’ve got to perform" and people were saying, "Don’t do it, if you don’t want to do it," no one was pressurising me, but I knew, Amy would want me to do it, she was one of my biggest fans, I didn’t want to be sitting there, crying.

'I thought, "Amy loved to see me perform, do it for Amy".'

http://www.metro.co....d#ixzz1UX4eER2e

#11 R3HAB

R3HAB

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

As a so called 'founder' of this forum, I would suggest you encourage members to post more than reply to posts with sarcastic bitchy comments, but again, as a 23 year old you wouldn't have a clue.

I shall leave this forum, with Amy being gone now, it's not worth my time and effort to even put myself in this 'community' so a petty 23 year old 'founder' can act superior. There is life beyond this forum, I suggest you get out there and live it.....makes some friends on the way.

This forum is infested with self righteous twonks anyway.

BON VOYAGE

#12 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

For those of you not in the UK, I've tried to transcribe the interview as well as I could, here it is:

These last few weeks must have been just horrendous for you

Yeah, it's been a whirlwind

I bet it has. Obviously it's always hard when you lose someone close to you, but when you lose someone and it's worldwide news that must be even more difficult

Definitely. I was actually in Wales at the time supporting The Wanted and I could see stuff...

We should say by the way, if you didn't know, Dionne's godmother was Amy Winehouse. Sorry, go on.

So yeah, obviously I was in the dressing room, but my mum and Giovan (?) who was Amy's PA found out about an hour before but they didn't want to tell me...

Because you were performing?

Yeah, and they thought it would be... Because you know there's been so many hoaxes as well no one wanted to believe it was true and say something to me and then it turns out it's not true and then I'm getting all worried and stuff like that. And I remember, everyone was coming around me and just... You know when someone's looking at you and you look back and everyone just puts their heads down?

Right, and you could sense that?

Yeah, and I mean, you could imagine twitter and my phone was going off. So I'm hearing all this stuff but no one is telling me anything so I'm thinking it's just not true

So were you checking twitter and you saw it?

No, well, it comes to my phone so I was getting loads and loads of tweets and I went from 17000 followers to 47000 followers now. So it just shows that it's been quite a commotion, that it was a massive thing

Yeah, and this is the first time obviously you've been on the radio or done any interviews since Amy died

Yeah

But I guess at some point you gotta get yourself back out there and I think you're really brave for doing that

Yeah, no, I mean, I've done Big Chill which was really cool on saturday and I've done a little tribute to her

You played Love is a Losing Game

Yeah

And that was at Big Chill at the weekend

Yeah

How was that?

It was good. I mean, I was so nervous because it was the first thing I'd done in two weeks so it's kind of like, you don't know how people are going to take to you so I was like pooing myself, literally. And the audience were aazing though. I think it was probably one of the best shows I've ever done.

It must have been quite an emotionally charged performance

Well yeah, at the end of Love is a Losing Game I was trying so hard not to cry. The whole way from then till the end it just kind of got to me a bit

Yeah... When it happened, were there lots of calls and stuff asking for your views on everything at the time?

Oh god yeah, people were outside my house asking me to say something and it was just kind of like... You know, imagine if you've lost a loved one who was really close to you. You don't really want people in your face saying "what was this like?" and "what was that like?" and it's kind of a bit much and this wasn't like a normal death, it was one that everyone heard about, so it was... Obviously everyone wants to have a little hear of what happened and stuff but it was just... It was really a lot to take in.

So you're at this performance in Wales with the Wanted and I mean, it's one of those events where everyone will remember what they were doing when it happened because she was such an icon and an incredible lady. So where were you when you eventually found out the news. I mean, had you performed?

I was in my dressing room. No, this was 15 minutes before. I was in my dressing room and someone was doing my hair and everyone was kind of... you know when someone's like *sniff, sniff* - you know, not crying but kind of about to cry. And you could tell the whole atmosphere went from everyone being happy to everyone just quiet. So I was kind of like, ok something's going on. So I brought out someone's iPad and I just looked on google and it was on the homepage of Google. And then at first... I eventually just asked "It's true isn't it?" and they eventually just said "yeah, it's true" and it was just... I still don't believe it. It's not, even now, it's not sinked in.

You don't think you've processed it yet?

It's... erm... At Amy's funeral it hit me hard. But now I still... I mean, you hear about her a lot, you see pictures of her, she's on the radio, so it's kind of like she's there but you just can't physically see or feel her if you know what I mean

It must be really strange

It is strange. But I think when it finally sinks in I think it might hit me really hard

What did you think immediately when you... the first thing you thought when you heard the news?

I didn't have a chance to think. My mind just went blank. At first I was thinking it's not true. Because it's happened two times before so it was kind of just like someone's made a sick rumour and you're just waiting for someone to say it's not true. And the fact that I was thinking "oh god I've got to perform" and people saying "don't do it, if you don't want to do it" no one was pressurizing me but I knew Amy would want me to to it. I mean, she was one of my biggest fans, so I didn't want to be sitting there crying around. Obviously you're going to be upset, but I just thought, you know, Amy loved to see me perform so do it for Amy.

You'd been with Amy the week before, obviously there's been lots of pictures of that and a lot of people were there. She was on stage with you. How was she then?

She was absolutely fine. She was absolutely fine. And the funny thing is, I didn't even realise she was on the side of the stage, because I couldn't see. It was really dark on either side and I remember just before I was about to do Mama Said I spotted her and I was like...

So you didn't know she was going to be there?

No. And I spotted her and I was like, ok... so I thought let's bring her out for Mama Said and I brought her out for Mama Said and she was like "I knew you were going to do that, I knew you were going to do that" and I was like... It was just... It was probably one of the most amazing things that happened that night.

And it's good that did happen.

Yeah

Obviously it was as massive a shock to you as to everyone else even though like you've said she's been through some rough times and also there have been loads of hoaxes all over the internet all the time. But when something like that happens obviously the stories about that person and and the speculation just goes mad. Do you keep up with that? I mean even now, do you read or are you reading the stuff that is in the paper every day?

I try not to read it. I mean, it was quite annoying that I had to look on the Daily Mail to see that it was true, but I mean, I try not to read it because there's so much stuff that has been said and it's just, it's not nice to read. I mean, she's passed away. Just leave it. Let her be, if you know what I mean

But the last time you saw her she seemed healthy and very happy?

She was fine. I think that was the best time I've ever seen her. I meen, I'd done a song called Get Over It and in the corner she was crying. So it was like, like I said she was one of my biggest fans. So it's just such a shame to know that she was at her best moment and to know three days later... Unfortunately...

That's what Mitch has been saying, Amy's dad, as well, that she was in a really really good place...

Yeah she was

And that, from your pont of view that's where she was at?

I think that's the most thing, it's a shock... To know that's someone's getting better. And she was so much better. And then it just hits you like that... It just kind of like... It's weird, it is really weird.

Were you surprised at the public reaction to Amy's death and how many people were genuinly really touched, like outside the house? Because, if you think about it, over the last kind of few years most stories about her were generally, you know, there were quite negative ones. An sometimes it's quite easy to forget how much her music meant to people, you know, with those press stories being out there...

Yeah, I know, it was... I mean we went... I went to the house and I saw so many flowers and there was like stuff from like, Spain and Sweden and all of these places and it's just so nice to know that people do approve of like, her stuff that she has been doing. And I mean she was a talented singer. I think she's, well for me, one of the best singers of my time, definitely. So to show ... to see that people do appreciate what she has done, I think is really nice and I'm sure Amy's looking down...

Edited by Cecilia, 09 August 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#13 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:27 PM

You rock! Thanks.

#14 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

^You're welcome. I needed something to do while ill at home ;)

#15 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

^ Get well soon, Cecilia!
It's on YouTube now:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users