28 replies to this topic

#1 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

I really hope they figure out who these grave-robbers are...

http://www.thesun.co...quaintance.html

#2 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:46 AM

I had a bad feeling this was going to happen. There seemed to be a parade of people in and out of that house when she passed.

The worst part is that the thief is someone they trusted.... so sad

#3 Mike from NY

Mike from NY

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:50 AM

They should hire security to watch the place and padlock the doors when nobody is there.
Mike from NY, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forums since Sep 2007.

#4 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:52 AM

Unfortunately, with what is going on in London at the moment I am sure this will fall to the wayside on the police blotter.

#5 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:04 AM

Sad! Photo where she "sits on steps of her home days before she died" was from last year some time.

#6 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:23 AM

This is so fucked up. I hope whoever did it listens to Mitch and actually has a change of heart .....I have no idea why people have to be so cold for.

Especially when it comes to musicians/celebrities. Just because she died doesn't mean she does not have rights. People seriously need to stop acting so heartless towards musicians and their families.

I really hope Mitch catches this asshole and gets everything back. It seems very typical that some asshole did this.....WHILE the family is getting CLOSER to learning the cause of Amy's death.

No matter what the cause ends up being.....they will end up being more stressed out because of this fucking idiot/idiots.

Just when they thought they were getting closure. Unbelievable

Sorry for getting so angry. It just annoys me the timing of this.....

#7 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:28 AM

oh, that is just sickening. One could say that the family should have immediately put things like that up out of sight but at a time like that, that was the last thing on their mind, I'm sure...not to mention that no one could imagine one of her close circle would touch anything. just shameful.

speaking of that photo...yes, I remember that as it was one of a series. This was the occasion I had used as an example of why on 7/22 had there been any truth to all the reports of her whereabouts doing this and that, we would have seen pictures from the paps. they had started following her around lunchtime the day previous of when that photo was taken on her steps.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#8 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:47 AM

If it's true, I hope the tracks and lyrics aren't made public.. big loss for sales = big loss for the foundation. However, how can you have so many strangers around you in the house and not put the valuable items somewhere safe?

#9 You'reWonderingNow

You'reWonderingNow

The lights are on but no one's home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:12 AM

This is appalling, I don't believe it. But presumably it must be one of only a few people? I visited her house to on Saturday to lay flowers outside and there was security outside, and according to my friend's Dad there always has been. In which case it must be one of only a few suspects?

#10 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

I'm probably the only one that doesn't believe this story.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#11 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

This is appalling, I don't believe it. But presumably it must be one of only a few people? I visited her house to on Saturday to lay flowers outside and there was security outside, and according to my friend's Dad there always has been. In which case it must be one of only a few suspects?

Yes, there is still security in front of her house. Someone I know also went during the weekend to lay flowers. There was only a tiny amount of flowers left and they were asked not to leave any more. She took a few pictures of the remaining tributes but the security guard clearly didn't like people taking pictures (which is understandable I suppose). So this "theft" could only be the work of a select group of people that had access to the house... I'm still hoping this is some kind of misunderstanding and that the lyric books will show up later somewhere...:(

Edited by AMYstery, 11 August 2011 - 02:24 PM.
sp

#12 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

I don't want to point fingers... but my first inclination would be to look at her security guards. Since they practically lived with her, it's reasonable to think they had some of their own possessions in the house and could have easily removed "extras" alongside their own.

Don't forget these blokes are now unemployed. Again, I don't want to point fingers but you have to look at the most obvious first.

#13 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

I would like to think (with my rose-colored glasses on) that in the chaos of the first few days, someone who knew how valuable they would be took them to keep them secure, and somehow there has been some mis-communication as to the 'theft' and it is all figured out now.

#14 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

I certainly hope that's the case.

One of the worst case scenarios is they are in the hands of some collector who will keep these items to themselves, therefore depriving people who appreciate her music the creativity that she would have eventually shared.

#15 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

well, the biggest motive would be $ but they certainly couldn't sell them,, could they without being found out? very perplexing but hope it is all sorted out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users