Photo
- - - - -

It's been a month, where does everybody stand right now?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

Simple question, I guess...Where is everybody at right now? Is it easier or just as hard as it was in the beginning? Doing anything for today to "remember" that day? Or are you just trying to not think about it at all anymore?

Personally, I'm remembering her for a little over an hour and I'm just gonna get everything out. This grey sadness needs to be gone for good now, it's time to stop beating around the bush.

It's not good to dwell on things, positive things nor negative things. I'm not a religious person at all, I'm very spiritual though and I need to do this for myself. I don't care how crazy it sounds, but I really am going to cleanse myself today and pray for her family, myself, and put it to rest. The world is minus another beautiful, artistically profound human being, but she's at peace and I should be at peace too.

Enough about me, what about you guys/girls?

#2 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

I went to watch Rehab to record myself singing it, stopped and just watched the video. I'm quite delusional for thinking this woman is sitting on a beach somewhere in peace.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#3 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

Well, i feel a bit better now, but i still have this thought in my mind that she's not death, she's somewhere out there on the streets.
I just get sad sometimes when i listen to her songs (especially the instrumental versions of them).
But i'm sure that Amy has fun up there and one day we'll all see her again. <3
Amy flies in paradise

#4 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

still gutted. still angry at her.

#5 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

I have my moments, I had a big one last night. I listen to her every day, watch her every day....I have to. it was such a part of my daily routine for the past several years that I feel to NOT watch or listen to her would be total neglect and the waste of my favorite all-time artist. I still get incredibly sad and just 'want her back' for my own selfish reasons. I then get thinking how awful I feel and then realize if I feel that way, how must her dear parents, family, and close friends feel? then I get to sobbing for them, particularly Janis and Mitch...that takes me down further in the rungs of the ladder and I just then go to bed to forget everything.

I still can't believe anyone could touch me this way. you know, I never understood the whole 'fan' thing...not dissing on any fans or those that they were huge fans of. I've been to Memphis to Graceland and would see die-hard Elvis fans there and be inquisitive as to how someone would be so ga-ga over someone. I used to be in 'denial' of how much I adored her, everything about her. I get it now. I completely get it.

I know I will never ever be able to listen to Body and Soul without crying. crying because it was her (last to date) recording...crying because it was her dream come true to perform w/Tony, cry because I love tony so much and the fact that he said that she was his favorite artist to work with on Duets III, cry because of the huge compliment he paid her regarding her sounding a bit like Dinah, whom she adored. that song will always have such power 'behind the scenes' and to think that she can't be here to enjoy it.

I get thinking how sad that she never became a mother. Can you imagine being the child of Amy Winehouse and your ears hear HER singing a lullaby to you every night? Oh, I just get incredibly sad.

I could go on and on but in a lighter note, I just thank God for Amy that He put her here on Earth for what short time she was here, that she could touch the lives of her family and friends, as well as us.

sigh. sorry so long but since you asked, it's cathartic for us.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#6 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:57 AM

wow, very beautiful, tunisianswife! <3
Amy flies in paradise

#7 AFKAR7

AFKAR7

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:22 PM

I have never been one to care that much about celebrities personal lives. When it comes to the singers I like, I just concern myself with their music. How they live is their business. I'm a big Prince fan and my kids have asked me before if I would cry if he were to die. I tell them that no because he is not family or a friend of mine. I would feel bad for those who are to him and I would not like it that he would not be making anymore new music.

Having said that I have to say that this one really bothers me. I can't really figure out why. I guess it's because I feel like there is such a shortage of really good talented singers and music out there that when I find someone I like as much as Amy, I don't ever want to see it end. It might not be as bad say if she had say had a 20 year career and a large body of work. Look it's a selfish feeling but I want more of what I like. I love her music, look, attitude and sound. To me there is nothing as good as she is out there right now. I am open to any suggestions from anyone who know of someone else that's close.

So for now I have just been playing, on a heavy rotation, her CDs while trying to make sense of what happened. From the outside looking in we can never understand what was going on with her an those who were close to her. While I understand why people do, I will it be mad at her. I have seen up close what an addiction like this does to a person. I'm sorry she was not strong enough to beat this before it got to her.

#8 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

A month without our girl. Sometimes it feels like a lifetime and sometimes like a second Sometimes it feels unreal and sometimes painfully real. Sometimes I try to think nothing's happened and sometimes I can't stop thinking about the image of her body being carried out of her house. It's amazing how someone you don't even know personally can cause such an impact in your life. Her body is gone but her soul will be forever with us, that's all that matters. Now we're all deeply hurted but someday soon we'll be enjoying her music as we did before. We must keep her legend alive. LOVE YOU FOREVER, BEAUTIFUL AMY.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#9 AFKAR7

AFKAR7

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

I still can't believe anyone could touch me this way. you know, I never understood the whole 'fan' thing...not dissing on any fans or those that they were huge fans of. I've been to Memphis to Graceland and would see die-hard Elvis fans there and be inquisitive as to how someone would be so ga-ga over someone. I used to be in 'denial' of how much I adored her, everything about her. I get it now. I completely get it.

I have felt that way about Prince's music from the first time I heard it as a 17 year old in 1980. Amy truley has been the first since then that I saw the same way. Her music reminded me of the way I felt when I first starting listening to Prince. I think the styles are very simular. Amy was a little different for me I as a found her to be incredibly hot and sexy. Not sure what it is about her looks but it just does it for me. Now as much as I like Prince, that's not my cup of tea. ;^)

#10 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

Last night I fell asleep listening to her, and today since I woke up I'm singing Me & Mrs Jones... I never understand fanpeople who started to cry when they see her/his favourite artist, i never do that, or will do that. Except with Amy, today all that is relationed with her is... i dunno how to explain... I'm touched about this, a mixed of melancholy, anger and sadness is surrounding me. Sometimes I think why had to be she? why not other person? But life is that way... we don't choose destin..
I gave thanks for the oportunity to see Amy with live... and she her at her majour splendor.

Always love you little mermaid <3
All my loving I will send to u..!

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

#11 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:29 PM

I just tell myself she lives on forever, regardless.

A talent so great who was much too special for this sadly misdirected world.

She came from a higher place and has returned to an even greater one.

Amy touched lives and comforted aching hearts and empty souls, while metaphorically softly kissing the lips of people she was never to actually meet.

She was wonderful .. no, she IS wonderful - and will always be in the present and NEVER the past.

She was just, AMY W .... in itself the perfect acronym for ... A Magnificent Young Woman, which is how she will always remain. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#12 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Sadness... that's all. But at 1st i couldn't come to grips with the fact she is dead, but not anymore. She is and it's time to accept it. Now, as mentioned above, i think more about the people close to her who really loved her and can only imagine their pain.

Still can't believe the way she and her music touched me although i wasn't really a big fan before:-S. And neither i am an emotional person at all.

60do5Ti.jpg

#13 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

I guess I was under the impression she was on the mend, and that is why her death was such a shock. I still remember how I feel when I walked in my house and my husband told me she was gone. What an awful feeling.
Can't believe its been a month - feels like much longer.

A huge personality and talent, with so much more to teach us about music and life was taken - never to be seen on earth again.

There will never be another Amy.

I truly hope wherever she is, she can feel all the love and happiness she was looking for.

#14 Domi

Domi

Some Unholy War

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

I actually still live in some kind of denial. I'm gutted.

Forever in my heart! I love you Amy.

#15 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:17 PM

I think I'm still in denial a bit as well. I've been listening to her music a lot but when I watch a video of her performing it just doesn't seem possible that this talented, amazing little person could be gone forever.

I was listening to her version of "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" last night and my mother came to my room and just leaned in the doorway, listening. I looked up and there were tears in her eyes and she just said how sad it was that Amy was gone. She was never a fan but she appreciated her talent. So we just cried a bit together.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users