Photo
- - - - -

It's been a month, where does everybody stand right now?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:17 PM

Hard to believe. Seems like she's just on another getaway vacation.

As crazy as it sounds, being a single 30-something chap... I wish I could find a nice girl with the Amy "look and attitude" now. Have to respect gutsy women. :)

#17 velvet

velvet

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

Basically, I have come to peace with it. Although it is hard to think of the fact that she died so young, I have accepted it. Life isn't fair and never was. However, I am thankful for her music and her stunning personality, as it has that certain kind of magic and is a piece of art that accompanies you through the rest of your life. Thank you, Amy.

#18 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

Just so hard to let go, ever since I found this forum I've been on here every day lurking and whatnot. Amy means so much to me because her music has expressed all the dark things that we as humans go thru, the sometimes f'd up merry-go-round of unrequited love, low self esteem, forgiveness. I just loved her lyrics and her witty way with words.
I adore the standards, 60's soul and girl groups and when I heard her.....wham! I just latched on.

Even today when I put you tube on to listen to her music while i'm cleaning or doing chores I never get anything done because I am totally fascinated by her and her emotion and end up sitting down and watching her videos. Although I may have seen them hundreds of times before!

I just have a hard time because young people in their 20's are supposed to get over the shit she went thru......They're not supposed to die. Not Amy, anyway.

I love Amy but I am way too obsessed with her, I need to be a little more healthy about this.....
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#19 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

It's still hard for me to understand sometimes that this woman who was part of my life - at a distance, through music - is no longer here. I'll miss hearing what she's been up to, which so often made me smile.

Every person is unique and cannot be replaced - and Amy, of course, reached so many of us with her voice. I do think a lot about her family and friends and hope they have someone to turn to.

I never thought an early death was inevitable and I was proud of Amy's steps toward beating addiction, but at some point I accepted that her fame might have peaked. It's more her life that I mourn, and the love she might have found.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#20 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

At this time exactly one month ago my heart broke into a thousand pieces, my mind stopped working and I coudn't breath. One month later I can breathe again and my mind works well enough to keep those horrible memories but my heart is still broken. LOVE YOU & MISS YOU MORE EVERY DAY, AMY. THANKS FOR GIVING US SO MUCH, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

Edited by ladyamy, 23 August 2011 - 07:10 PM.
-

I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#21 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

such an insightful and cathartic thread. I think every post I've read has touched on some aspect of my emotions as well.

when you say that she was 'magic'...that is so true, Velvet. her music and her personality, and her life certainly had cast a spell on me and no other artist had ever done exactly that. LaPeep- I too can watch her videos over and over and never tire of her; I too can never get anything done that I set out to do because I just become entranced every time.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#22 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

I just tell myself she lives on forever, regardless.

A talent so great who was much too special for this sadly misdirected world.

She came from a higher place and has returned to an even greater one.

Amy touched lives and comforted aching hearts and empty souls, while metaphorically softly kissing the lips of people she was never to actually meet.

She was wonderful .. no, she IS wonderful - and will always be in the present and NEVER the past.

She was just, AMY W .... in itself the perfect acronym for ... A Magnificent Young Woman, which is how she will always remain. :)

You explained this so beautifully!

And I just can't get with this PAST tense stuff because I feel that Amy's voice and music are very PRESENT. It'll never fade away...her soulfulness is still alive.

Edited by iheartblondie, 23 August 2011 - 07:17 PM.

#23 fuck-me-pumps

fuck-me-pumps

empty inside.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

I feel like someone tore part of my heart out of my body. Now, there is a big, dark hole.

#24 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

W1nehouse: I would love to get your quote written on the back of a tshirt w/her picture on the front. that is just lovely; I've read that over and over several times today.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#25 Cherry Bomb

Cherry Bomb

Velut Inter Ignis Lunae Minor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

"She came from a higher place and has returned to an even greater one."

that is so true, I was just thinking the same.
I listened to her music all day and
maybe it is stupid (but not for me...) I have a big candle thats burning from this afternoon and i often take long looks at it.
another sad day.

i cant stop thinking
why
why
why
noone helped her or was near her one month ago..
i mean, she needed a lot of attenion i think.
if i was a friend or her mum well, i will never leaved her alone.

#26 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

After a month i know that i will never be able to forget Amy and why would i want to? Her pain and beauty were meshed into one on Back to Black, and it was just so comforting to me. For years i went in and out of phases of artists but Amy was always there. She was not a phase for me. She meant something to me. And she really represented something to me. And as ive said, she showed me the ropes into a world of music i hadn't previously knew existed.

You know, im a rather shy person,and being on this forum has really shown me that im in great company. There are just some great people on here and it has really helped me through this sad time with loosing Amy that I have no clue how i would have dealt with without this forum. Just want to give a quick thanks for you guys!

#27 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

I agree with tunisianwife and maybe alot of others here (haven't read all the posts yet)
I listen to her everyday, watch pictures of her, I'm starting to be affraid I'll watch my You Know I'm No Good DVD to pieces (After all I bought when it came out and watched it like 86325934 times + made all my friends and family watch it)

I've been waiting for today so I can breathe out at the fact that she didn't have a realapse and died of an overdose, not because i underestimated her in anyway cause that can happen to ANYBODY, including me.
So I know, if you once did drugs there is always a chance to relapse. I mean you can't relapse if you never did drugs. Anyway... ranting a little..

I'm still upset with her death and I dont want to believe that it has actually happen.
I mean I thought at some point in my life after seing her show in Budapest the 13th of August maybe I would get a chance to meet her and have photographs in my mind of her to cherish for the rest of my life.
I mean if I had choosen Serbia for travel destination instead of Hungary I would at least got a chance to see her, although not in her best state.
Now it's too late and the closest I'll get to her is her spirit forever living in Camden.
28 days left until i fly to London. That's just what I need to do now.
Just wish I would have seen her perform once, I will forever regret that.

#28 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

I haven't been able to listen to her music or watch a video for more than five minutes since she passed away. It's too painful and I'm not a masochist. I wanna listen to her and feel fine, happy, amazed and jealous for not having such and amazing talent, I wanna look at her pictures and stare for ten minutes at her eyes as I used to do. Now I can't because my tears doesn't let me see anything. Someday I'll be strong enough to face the reality, but for now I try to protect myself from my own feelings. It's not a very clever decision, it's like cheating myself, which is fucking stupid, but I don't wanna be seriously depressed because of this. She'd be upset if I (or anyone of us) do. Anyway she's in my head and in my heart all the time. I'm waiting for her to pay me a visit when I'm asleep and tell me she's alright. I love her more than ever.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#29 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

i'm doing ok. sorrow comes and goes, i miss her. i still think she's alive more often than not. i'll never hear the name 'amy' without thinking of her first. i would have loved to drink a beer and shoot that game of pool with her. (one beer amy)

one personal thing i wanted to see was her winning another grammy ot two and been in la to receive it. to go up on stage and not just say, fanks, and walk off stage. but to be confident and eloquent about what it all meant to her. i wanted to see that long before her death. amy would have had an audience of her peers in awe just by being there. the biggest egomaniacs in music would have been humbled by that girl. right?

#30 xxGodisLovexx

xxGodisLovexx

Psalm 46:10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

It still feels like a dream to me I have my ups and downs and this is the second time that happened to me that I cry in my dream for Amy. Last night I thought to myself how I don't and didn't even know her and how I am sad and cry for her that to me show that Amy really made a significant impact in my life, I dont think anyone will understand.Amy was different and that's what i loved about her. That attracted me to her. Her music was so beautiful and now time will pass by and I won't hear a word from her. Really upsets me.makes me mad still I have a empty hole in my heart which she used to fill but now I feel like that's gone. And it's feel with sadness idk soon time will heal my wounds,tears. Bur still thats not going to heal up that she is gone . Its still a schock tome that amy is gone . Still seems like she is alive or hiding But Amy will never be forgotton in my heart and she will never be replaced by anyone else. She still will be my favorite singer idol and Amy that I will love forever. IT's been a month amy without you and it's really hard . I will miss you . Man feels like a eternity . Rest in Peace Beautiful Angel.

Edited by xxWinehouseLovexx, 23 August 2011 - 10:11 PM.

John 17:25-26 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users