Posted Image

#17 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

I might sound delusional, but I don't think that's just alcohol or meds bloat. I think it's mostly weight gain plus the fake tan that makes her look so different. She's still the loveliest though.

@CHCHANEL: see post 11. ;-)

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#18 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:56 PM

just what i was thinking alan. psych meds for one make your face bloat in just that kind of fashion. i still miss her so much.

#19 Sbrnseay

Sbrnseay

I'll go back to black . . . .

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

Amy should have done more stuff like this, gone on the road with Tony or something. Those big venue shows never fit her.

Her irritation with her dad was funny. She even called him "Mitchell", like he was some wayward boy.

There was something different about her face in the last months of her life. Not sure what it was. Fuller? Maybe because she was drinking? She seemed coherent and together though, so I was happy to see that.

I agree because Amy's voice suits perfectly with Tony's vocals; and it may sound kind of odd but Amy's voice sounds even BETTER and fits jazz even more! Though she suffered through the drugs and alcohol, her voice was still in tip-top shape; her voice changed a bit but this woman STILL had it! Just after seeing the duet it would have been nice to see Amy sing along with Tony a lot more. I wish Amy returned to the jazz genre a bit more. Speaking of small venue shows, I always thought Amy fitted them more because she brought such intimacy into her music and it felt so personal; defintely would have suited the small venue.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For you I was a flame
Love is a losing game
Five story fire as you came
Love is a losing game

One I wished I never played
Oh what a mess we made
And now the final frame
Love is a losing game

--"Love Is A Losing Game", from Amy Winehouse's album Back To Black

#20 Jadene

Jadene

you make me smile an cry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

At the end its mentioned that there will be a video at 14 Sep!
Does this mean there will be a music video to the single release or I misunderstood something??

#21 Sbrnseay

Sbrnseay

I'll go back to black . . . .

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

At the end its mentioned that there will be a video at 14 Sep!
Does this mean there will be a music video to the single release or I misunderstood something??

I thought it meant that we were going to see the whole video of Tony & Amy singing "Body and Soul" together.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For you I was a flame
Love is a losing game
Five story fire as you came
Love is a losing game

One I wished I never played
Oh what a mess we made
And now the final frame
Love is a losing game

--"Love Is A Losing Game", from Amy Winehouse's album Back To Black

#22 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

I can't wait MTV Greece to upload it!!!! I believe that it will be a music video for Body & Soul...

#23 You'reWonderingNow

You'reWonderingNow

The lights are on but no one's home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

I agree because Amy's voice suits perfectly with Tony's vocals; and it may sound kind of odd but Amy's voice sounds even BETTER and fits jazz even more! Though she suffered through the drugs and alcohol, her voice was still in tip-top shape; her voice changed a bit but this woman STILL had it! Just after seeing the duet it would have been nice to see Amy sing along with Tony a lot more. I wish Amy returned to the jazz genre a bit more. Speaking of small venue shows, I always thought Amy fitted them more because she brought such intimacy into her music and it felt so personal; defintely would have suited the small venue.

I was just thinking, imagine if they'd have duetted on a whole album! I can really imagine that. The full version of 'Body And Soul' plus music video is being released on her birthday, September 14th, with all profits going to the Foundation. Can't wait!

#24 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:59 PM

just what i was thinking alan. psych meds for one make your face bloat in just that kind of fashion. i still miss her so much.

Weird thing is, she didn't have that same "bloated face" look in Belgrade. I actually at the time thought she looked rather good and youthful apart from the fact that something was obviously very wrong. If you pause the Belgrade performance at the right moments you would get the impression that everything is just fine :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

But in that last picture with Dionne and "The Wanted" at the Roundhouse in Camden she had the "bloated" look again :
Posted Image

#25 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:59 PM

Brian, I agree. that jazz foundation is so there but the beautiful thing about her was that she could cross-over so brilliantly. small venues are so intimate and would be a perfect way to see her in concert.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#26 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:46 AM

AMYstery, I've noticed this too, but I hate to bring negative attention to Amy because there's already so much of it surrounding her. But honestly, I'm glad you brought this up because I've been wanting to since last month.

The effects from excessive drinking were probably doing that to her face, at least that's my guess....but it could have easily been some medication she was for something totally unrelated.

#27 ashlee

ashlee

you're so thick and my patience's thin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:07 AM

I can't watch it unfortunately...but If someone could download it or something and put it up in a way that's possible to share with everybody, would be great! From the comments I read I feel an urge to watch it so bad. oh how I miss this girl.

Off topic but nice to know (i guess) - Sunday I went to have dinner at my cousin's aunt, and we were all at the table having dinner, some drinks, sharing thoughts, about everything, beauty treatments, art, travelling, everything. And then my cousin's aunt who is in her 50's said ''oh that Amy Winehouse girl, such a shame she's gone, she was soooo good''. every single person agreed with her statement, and one of my cousins said '' her voice was like the wine, the older the better ''. I found this particular moment really moving, to know that my family understood her and respected her, and all of us in different life stages, from 20 to 60 years old, all sharing kind phrases to the same person, 27 year old Amy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
five story fire as you came

#28 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:07 AM

So, this was filmed March 23rd?! I remember that look. She also performed later that night, right at that Corner place for the clothing line launch?

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#29 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

I can't watch it unfortunately...but If someone could download it or something and put it up in a way that's possible to share with everybody, would be great! From the comments I read I feel an urge to watch it so bad. oh how I miss this girl.

You can see it with a program... I've already said that on the first page so that everyone could see the video... But I was ignored:yess:

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#30 Cherry Bomb

Cherry Bomb

Velut Inter Ignis Lunae Minor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:56 AM

i saw the video and i feel so sad about it, but its very lovely.
One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star.
Become what you already are.
(Nietzsche)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users