25 replies to this topic

#1 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:05 PM

She always had a thing for hitching her skirt, dress up right from the start, she goes hell for leather on jools holland hootnanny thing singing monkey man, and she had a thing for getting her boobs out, as exposed as appropriate lol, love all of her little quirks, along with her lip snarling made her unique.:D

#2 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

I honestly too loved it when she would scrunch her skirt in the front. I also got a kick out of how she would adjust herself in her dresses.

loved it when she would throw her guitar around her neck and maybe play a few chords to the song she was singing and then at some point realize she wasn't playing it and take it off.

loved it when she would be all dressed up and have her ballet flats on. I remember reading or hearing somewhere that she said as long as her hair and makeup were done, the rest didn't matter.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#3 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

The guitar thing, lol know what you mean, she was always making sure her boobs didn't fall out, monkey man on jools holland, her mad dancing and on bbc sessions thing, she was funny and great, the mad little smiles and eye blazes and shoulder thing, a true one off

#4 Cherry Bomb

Cherry Bomb

Velut Inter Ignis Lunae Minor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

She always had a thing for hitching her skirt, dress up right from the start, she goes hell for leather on jools holland hootnanny thing singing monkey man, and she had a thing for getting her boobs out, as exposed as appropriate lol, love all of her little quirks, along with her lip snarling made her unique.:D

hahaha thats so true! thanks for making me smile thinking about funny things!
One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star.
Become what you already are.
(Nietzsche)

#5 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

I recall reading that the less confident she felt the higher she wore her beehive.

Have to remember she was pretty darned tiny even though I never think of her like that on stage.

:amyshock:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#6 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

Recently she lost beehive, so was she feeling better in herself, off drugs, new man, working on new album, wanting to have children, new direction of music with the ska influence. Anyone think of any other quirks?

#7 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

I remember watching her brilliant Shepherd's Bush performance and being amused at her standing on one leg as 'You Know I'm Now Good' was reaching its glorious climax.

She often seemed to spend time kicking her feet around and I'm sure if you watch her 'Dancing In The Street' duet with Paul Weller on Jools Holland, she was again doing it whilst blissfully unaware she had something caught on the bottom of her shoe.

LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#8 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

Like a stork, on one leg quite a skill when you are semipissed ;) lol. the funny little head movements and kinf of folding at the waist really briefly and quickly on that bbc sessions show, its on youtube, same show, scratching side of her face and making a really gorpy espression, during me and mr jones, funny as hell

#9 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

loved how she would sometimes throw her head back slightly to the side and then the other side to the beat of the music. I've caught that motion on a few of her videos. If I find one, I'll post. I always loved that.

Her motions and dancing to YKING at the Grammy's. LOVED it!

thanks for mentioning the others, will have to go look to find on YT.

Here's monkeyman on Jools. I know it's been posted before but just for old time's sake....alot of the darling things mentioned are in here. this was also one of my fav. dresses and looks. Loved the rosebuds in her hair. watch it and smile....for Amy.

Edited by tunisianswife, 06 September 2011 - 03:20 PM.

#10 fuck-me-pumps

fuck-me-pumps

empty inside.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

I remember reading or hearing somewhere that she said as long as her hair and makeup were done, the rest didn't matter.

yeah, she said that in "the girl done good" or "the amy winehouse story" :)
i also love the way she moved on stage in Shepard's Bush Empire during singing "me and mr. jones" and... i remember that in Glastonbury (2007) she was cleaning her shoes with curtain when suddenly tv started filming.

/// sorry for mistakes i probably made.

Edited by fuck-me-pumps, 06 September 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#11 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

Haha God bless Amy, the woman who had the most rhythm in her soul couldn't dance if her life depended on it.
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#12 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

Lol, back in the day she could move, but not when things went wrong, bless her and her wiggly legs and head :) x

#13 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

When i think of her 'dancing' i always remember this performance:

60do5Ti.jpg

#14 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

ha, was just watching some of her clips from the V festival last night., also from Bestival. both slightly painful to watch. she just looked so gaunt underneath all the hair. didn't like the hair rolled down around her face as it made her face look even thinner. wasn't she getting over the impentigo also when she performed here?

I love the way she makes those little legs move. what a doll. that's what I loved; she didn't need all that blowing blue smoke, or outlandish costumes, or tons of dancers busying up the stage...she had it all....had it all....the voice, the whole enchilada. what a baby doll. so miss all her little quirks too.

#15 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

I've always thought she danced like there was something inside her trying to get out and she was trying to stop it. She never seemed to be quite in control of what her arms and legs were doing. Sometimes I really enjoyed watching her but sometimes it was painful to watch because she looked so sad.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users