Photo
- - - - -

Throughout all these years i've never seen a pic of amy...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

I also used to think that it was funny when I saw pictures of her walking around like she was going to a beach party while it was winter. She never seemed to feel the cold, but since then I found out that there might have been a more sinister reason behind this. Like this pic taken in december 2007, it was very cold and she is walking around with this huge box with 96 "Mr Freeze" ice popsicles :

Posted Image

Same thing for the big amounts of Haribo-candy she was eating.She also had this Slush Puppie machine installed in her house and even an entire candy store with a cotton candy floss maker :

Posted Image

I thought it was cute that she was so into candy and lollipops....But I can't look at those pictures the same way anymore :

Amy Winehouse has developed a new addiction to ice pops. The six-time Grammy Award nominee has been sucking frozen treats to cool herself down after heroin binges. Heroin addicts are in danger of collapsing with heat stroke, unless they lower their body temperature immediately.
Amy has been sucking ice pops to save her from burning up after a night of shooting heroin.

An insider said: “Amy is a very strong and intelligent woman. But it’s difficult to get off smack once you’re addicted.”
“She is gradually weaning herself off the drug. And she is exercising damage limitation during her increasingly rare binges by cooling herself down with ice lollies.” The Camden legend has also been stuffing her pretty little mouth with candy, which is nicknamed “junkie munchies”.
“Heroin is often cut with sugar, because the drug and sweetener are arrived at by a very similar process of refinement. Addicts eat more and more candy as they withdraw from heroin.”

#17 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

wow, i had no idea heroin could do that. i just thought she had a thing for junk and sweets because i recall alex once said in an article that both him & amy inherited that from mitch.

she really did an amazing job getting off the drugs, its so tragic that despite her efforts she still passed away a few years later.

#18 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

if its snow then wow, she's wearing a vest & has an ice pole in her hand lol did she not feel the cold?

Shure , Amy does feel the cold , but when you wearing sleeves nobody can see your TATTOOS ! LOL Do it myself after i get 3 Amy tattoos by the ones i already had . Also people ask me when i walk with tanktops on the street : Don't you feel cold ? I say YES but i want to show the tattoos like Amy did . :D

#19 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

wow, i had no idea heroin could do that. i just thought she had a thing for junk and sweets because i recall alex once said in an article that both him & amy inherited that from mitch.

she really did an amazing job getting off the drugs, its so tragic that despite her efforts she still passed away a few years later.

Yeah, like Mitch said, it's pretty amazing that she was able to wean herself off such an highly addictive drug like heroin and then off the replacement Subutex.

I also think her sweet tooth was not just drug-related, there were no longer giant boxes of Haribo but even with Reg Traviss last year she had a glass full of candy in her hand hehe :-P :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lollipops and "fried eggs" B-)

Posted Image

#20 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

Maybe this lack of winter pics is caused by the fact that paps got cold and left her for a while... Anyway she seemed to feel hot all the time.

Posted Image

#21 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

How, what does an addict use to wean of crack, as the 1st time you take it, you are addicted, i know there methadone for heroin, what do crack addicts use to wean off crack?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#22 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

Crack cocaine is very addictive, but taking it once does not automatically lead to addiction. I'm not saying it's safe to go and smoke some crack, a lot of people do get addicted and it's obviously seriously bad for your health.

To answer your question though: there isn't a replacement drug for crack like there is for heroin (like methadone/suboxone). People coming off crack are often prescribed antidepressants to combat the psychological withdrawal symptoms though. There are also advocates for the use of an amphetamine-like stimulant as replacement/maintenance therapy for crack and meth addicts, and there have been studies into this.

Edited by Cecilia, 07 October 2011 - 04:34 PM.

#23 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

I thought speed maybe used to wean off crack, i did a health course a few years ago, when we did the effects of drugs, we were told crack is the most instantly addictive drug there was, coz of the intense high.

There just shouldnt be any drugs, one the worst i've heard of, i know people who have took it, is ketamin. LSD can totally screw a person up too, not worth it. x

#24 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

^have you ever taken any drugs? If you haven't, I think it's hard for you to judge whether they're "worth it". Many people use drugs and/or alcohol responsibly without getting addicted. Mind altering substances have been used throughout history and have been inherent in different religious and spiritual practices. Their use has inspired great works of art, music and literature. I used to have a drug problem myself, and have lost friends to drugs and despite of that I still stand by what I just wrote.

Sorry to go off topic, I'll shut up now ;-)

#25 YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

I knew you were good, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

maybe because it was too cold for the paps so they left her alone for a while.... that was what i thought but i do not think that her sweet tooth is only drug related.

#26 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

I stay by what i said before : Most of the time she is only showing the tattoos . Tatooing is very commonly in the city i live . Lots of tattooshops also . And i know and see much more other people with rolled up sleeves or without sleeves showing tattoos while other people without tattoos have the sleeves down or wearing shirts with sleeves .

#27 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

I have, but in control now issue with drink, used to take speed and smoke pot, didn't have an issue with last two.

Not worth it, coz each persons bio chem, mind is different, one person could take it be fine, next one crazy or dead or addicted, why i say, not worth it. I know people enjoy buzz, i know enough people who take drugs, theres people i know who been on them years, some still on them, some off them, some dead!.

I'd rather have a straight mind, i know in different cultures and so on.

^have you ever taken any drugs? If you haven't, I think it's hard for you to judge whether they're "worth it". Many people use drugs and/or alcohol responsibly without getting addicted. Mind altering substances have been used throughout history and have been inherent in different religious and spiritual practices. Their use has inspired great works of art, music and literature. I used to have a drug problem myself, and have lost friends to drugs and despite of that I still stand by what I just wrote.

Sorry to go off topic, I'll shut up now ;-)

#28 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

One of the hardest conversations I've ever had was with my 8 year old granddaughter, who asked me why Amy took drugs. Was Amy being bad? Why were drugs invented? Why do people take them?

How to respond in a manner that an 8 year old can comprehend? Amy's passing gave rise to one of those 'teachable moments', while serving as a cautionary tale.

#29 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

Amysanchorcat: I totally understand and respect your arguments & opinion, I just have different arguments and disagree with your conclusion. But I'm happy to agree to disagree on the topic and not derail the thread any further :)

Sassy: That must have been really hard to explain to your granddaughter. I am not sure if I'd know how to approach these issues with an 8 year old...

#30 Ma_Jo

Ma_Jo

Deepvoicegirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

i've wondered the same thing more than once. In most pics she appears wearing t-shirts like she were always in summer. Apparently she was not a cold blooded as me, i can wear short sleeves only three and a half months a year
"If you notice something wrong in my grammar it's cause my english is a shit! :yaoming: But at least I can read" loL

My own Amy gifs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users