21 replies to this topic

#1 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

I was wondering anyone got any facts or theories on why Amy never released a 3rd LP which technically should have been released around 2009.

Also I heard she was asked to do the James Bond theme tune, which film was that for? Also anyone know why it didn't happen? Rumour claimed that it was something to do with Mark Ronson?

Can anyone shed any light - thanks.:-S

#2 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

as for the 3rd, I thought I read that she just wasn't happy with it yet.

I'm sure after B2B, she had set high expectations of herself and her music. she was perfection.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#3 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

the James Bond song was for "Quantum of Solace". Here is Mark Ronson explaining what happened :

[vbtube]HkjLSNTkvms[/vbtube]

#4 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

as for the 3rd, I thought I read that she just wasn't happy with it yet.

I'm sure after B2B, she had set high expectations of herself and her music. she was perfection.

But I thought the final decision was usually the record company, I read somewhere Alex Fodden I think he said she had submitted a couple of LP's and the record company didn't like them?

#5 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

I read alot about this and I think I even saw an interview with Amy talking about it.
(Of course now I can't find any of the links)
Maybe this link gives you something: http://commanderbond...-bond-song.html

I also found this on youtube, someone put B2B as the theme song for quantum of solace, I must admit her music and voice would have blended perfectly with a James Bond movie:

Posted Image

#6 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

These Rumours were starting in 2008 and she was also talking about it in a video filmed by paparazzis (you can see it on the Channel of MrPaparazziUK, the Video is called "Amy apologises over racist comment").

Alicia Keys and that other guy did the song for Quantom Solace, but i don't like it.

And we don't know if there will be a 3rd LP this year.
Amy flies in paradise

#7 LondonSweet

LondonSweet

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

Idk, if this was specifically in reference to a third album but I read in an interview somewhere that she said she had written lots but nothing (at that stage) that she wanted released as they were just songs she had written about everyday things to help her process her feelings when she was in the heart of her troubles.

Obviously, we now know that'd she'd recorded more since making that statement, apparently music she was indeed happy with so I'm sure we are all hoping for that release!
Nikki
Forever the fan of a musical Genius.

Winehouse~1983-2011
Remember her
8-/

#8 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

I think I have read some where that Mark and Amy had a short fallout. Maybe it's Amy that she was not ready to record the music because at that time Amy's personal life was out of control.

#9 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

I think I have read some where that Mark and Amy had a short fallout. Maybe it's Amy that she was not ready to record the music because at that time Amy's personal life was out of control.

If you read her Amyjademermaid twitter messages even last year (2010) she dissed him off saying he was taking credit for B2B then she says sorry to him for it. So may be there was a bit of resentment there so perhaps she should have got a new producer?

amyjademermaidAmy Winehouse

ronson you're dead to me; one album i write an you take half the credit- make a career out of it? don't think so

18th Sept 2010.

When a lot of artists get fame sometimes they fall out about "who is responsible for the fame!" 2 days latter she changes it!

Amy Lives Forever!

Edited by Nigel Jam, 16 September 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#10 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

Ronsoeem remi did other half who did frank, and frank was brilliant, wasn't there something that ronson wanted to do her next album and nake it morbid, if thats true, he's a silly sick fuck, knowing how she is, that would not have beeen good for her.

#11 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

Ronsoeem remi did other half who did frank, and frank was brilliant, wasn't there something that ronson wanted to do her next album and nake it morbid, if thats true, he's a silly sick fuck, knowing how she is, that would not have beeen good for her.

I think she would have worked well with Richard Hawley (notice his surname is the name of her favourite pub in Camden) Sadly no chance of it now!

#12 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

Remi said they hadn't gotten around to recording anything. She'd been working on music in a sense since 2008 and at one point had a home studio.

Remember the whole EP deal before the LP the label came up with? And then when the wax figure came about, Mitch said in an interview that the new record was really dark? And THEN, there was the whole rumor that she scrapped the 3rd album that was all about Blake because they got back together and she didn't want to write anything bad about him.

So, either she wrote tons and tons of music and never got around to it or they just don't have any further plans to release anything at the moment and want people to forget about it for a while until they can put something proper together. To think that she hadn't recorded a single song in the past 3-4 years is kind of far fetched imo.

Honestly, it's still too early to consider any release. I'd expect something next year.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#13 Yuni13eunice

Yuni13eunice

Yuni,Yuni,Yuni&Yuni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

Remi said they hadn't gotten around to recording anything. She'd been working on music in a sense since 2008 and at one point had a home studio.

Remember the whole EP deal before the LP the label came up with? And then when the wax figure came about, Mitch said in an interview that the new record was really dark? And THEN, there was the whole rumor that she scrapped the 3rd album that was all about Blake because they got back together and she didn't want to write anything bad about him.

So, either she wrote tons and tons of music and never got around to it or they just don't have any further plans to release anything at the moment and want people to forget about it for a while until they can put something proper together. To think that she hadn't recorded a single song in the past 3-4 years is kind of far fetched imo.

Honestly, it's still too early to consider any release. I'd expect something next year.

Since there are many reports that Amy built her own recording studio at her home so I have feelings that she may have record some songs. Also Mitch mentioned that Amy also have a recording studio in St Lucia where she was staying so I am sure there is a high chance that Amy posthumous songs will come out some day in the future

#14 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Just came across this article

http://www.nme.com/n...winehouse/41835

Quote:

"Mark Ronson had prepared a backing track based on [composer] David Arnold’s 'Quantum Of Solace' score," he recalled. "But when Amy heard it, she said, ‘I want a tune James Bond would dance to. That sounds like something fucking James Bond gets into an elevator to’."

Nice quote good sense of humour! :-S

#15 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

i wish i could find the article where i read that her label was not happy with what she wanted to do and the new direction she wanted to take with her music, too much reggae or something like that.

this makes sense, she didn't want to keep singing the same old depressing songs, or writing about sad stuff.

she enjoyed the caribbean, she loved singing reggae like tunes like cupid, and im sure working with remi influenced her a lot, since he's all about this music

but then, i read that she said the album was "more jukebox stuff, really"

DID the label delay her record because they wanted another B2B?

it's just that Amy didn't ever compromise, so what gives?? :-S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users