21 replies to this topic

#16 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

^ I remember reading that about the new stuff being to much reggae-like, but it's hard to now if it was just rumours or actual statements. We all know how they sometimes make up things in the tabloids, I would've loved a different album. I love everything that woman has ever made or covered, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!

Posted Image

#17 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

^ I remember reading that about the new stuff being to much reggae-like, but it's hard to now if it was just rumours or actual statements. We all know how they sometimes make up things in the tabloids, I would've loved a different album. I love everything that woman has ever made or covered, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!

yes, press makes stuff up all the time! if i find it, ill check out the source!

oohhh i love it ALL too ;-)

#18 PhemiosRK

PhemiosRK

Plz, at least Im not openin 4 a c* like Kanye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:54 AM

I read somewhere that right before her death she actually made 3 new songs for the new bond movie and that they are thinking about including them on the next bond

... yeah about the 'way too reggae'stuff... it might be true. she enjoyed that stuff and i deffo wanna hear that! lol. but like somebody else said before, she was 'perfection'. so I can imagein there's alot of demo stuff she wasn't too happy about (like when she got back together with blake and scratched that whole album about him being a dick) and there has to be some recordings about bond-like stuff. like back than when she said she was gonna release her own 'bond-song' anyway, despite they got alicia and jack to do it...
It's just sooo sad when you see person who just wants to put their on stuff out their and then there's the lable who's gonna shit all over it. She might have been troubled and her lable fucked over like 3 demo-staged albums, but there's a stuff somewhere.

Ok I admit that it's hard to give actual details between all that tabloids shit and all.. I might brake a bone but there's a terrific amy winehouse bond-theme somewhere out there...
''If you could think of a four letter word to call someone, wouldn't it be better than 'brat'? ''

#19 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:02 AM

This was reported in The Sun back in 2009, but Island Records apparently denied the story. Here's a short article from the Evening Standard from march 2009:

Music chiefs: We didn't say no, no, no to Amy

Updated 13:03pm on 23 Mar 2009

Amy Winehouse's record company today denied she had been told to re-record her new album.

The troubled 25-year-old singer laid down some demo tracks while on a recent three-month break in the Caribbean. It was reported that when she played them to bosses at Island Records on her return to the UK, she was told they were not happy with her new sound and they told her to come up with a different set of songs.
A source told The Sun: "Amy was very productive during her stay in St Lucia. She wrote a hell of a lot of songs, but the majority of them just aren't hitting the mark. She seems to have ditched her trademark vintage soul sound and is now heavily influenced by reggae. Her bosses don't think it's a wise move for her to change her style so sharply and they have told her that plainly." The source also claimed that the lyrics for Winehouse's new songs, which were focused on husband Blake Fielder-Civil, were too "dark" for the company. But a spokesman for Island Records denied the story, saying: "It's absolutely not true."

http://www.thisislon...no-no-to-amy.do

#20 YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

I knew you were good, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:15 PM

is that amys real twitter?

#21 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:38 PM

There were her diary entries from the time she was at St Lucia in 2009 somewhere online (yes I felt really guilty reading them but I couldn't resist) and she wrote something about the Bond theme in the lines of "you don't rush genius" and how she effed it up and wondering if the film is out already, so I don't think she recorded anything when she was supposed to... Shame though.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#22 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

Trying to replicate an album like b2b wouldn't work, and wantiong her to do another sad/dark album isn't going to work either, she evolves and writes about what is relevant, i guess she still had some tracks wrote with regard to her lovelife/relationships, over the last few years, making a dark album wouldn't be fair to her, knowing how emotional and depressed she can be.

The ska flavour was cheerful, a dn bouncy, and she wanted to do tongue in cheek tracks like fuck me pumps, hope she has some tucked away somewhere, whatever era they are from. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users