63 replies to this topic

#61 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

Some one said that the highlights are going to be on BBC One or Two Friday night? Could copy that see if they upload it or tweet Dionne ask her record company to upload it? They probably will sooner of latter :-S

Whoever put that on You Tube was lucky it wasn't blocked or muted - because I have put videos up with the Channel 4 logo on and it's been blocked for copyright reasons - so I assumed the BBC would do it also and that clip of Dionne has the BBC logo on it. Also it seems Amy's music is not on the You Tube list of highly protected copyrighted music - because I have uploaded some clips with classic music on and they have been muted instantly -

Dionne does a good job but it's just like saying "she's the new Amy!" Kind of thing though she is a genuine girl!

I actually changed the lyrics to "Loves a losing game!" to "Drugs are a losing game!" Don't know if I'll ever sing it though?

But when ever I hear this song I think it sums up why Amy is no longer hear!

#62 AmyFanEternal

AmyFanEternal

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

Dionne's performance at the Mobos was a great tribute to Amy. Probably the best I have seen so far.

Not to be a downer but Bruno Mars tribute at the VMAs was lame.

Looking forward to following Dionne's career as she carries on her legacy.

#63 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

Dionne Bromfield talks about Amy Winehouse tribute at MOBO Awards 2011

Dionne Bromfield has talked to STV about her touching tribute to her late godmother Amy Winehouse at Wednesday night’s MOBO Awards in Glasgow.

She did a stunning performance of Amy's Love Is A Losing Game, which left many of the star-studded audience at the SECC in tears.
Dionne told us: “It meant a lot to me.

“Amy inspired me so much, and others as well, and this was just a thank you for everything she’s done for me.”
She added: “This isn’t the biggest repayment that I could give to her, but this is one of the things I would like to give back to her.”
When asked if she was proud to be up there singing Amy’s song, Dionne replied: “Yes. I couldn’t see anything while I was singing it, and when the lights went on I just saw everyone standing up and applauding, and I was like ‘Wow’.”

So was she going to enjoy herself after the ceremony? “Yes, though I can’t go clubbing as I’m underage, so I’m just going to have a hot chocolate!”

http://entertainment...bo-awards-2011/

#64 YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

I knew you were good, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

Thank you for posting the video here. I'm trying to hold back my tears.
I understand what you mean that she is looking up, smiling like she is not really feeling the song. I think she feels too much and try to keep it all together. Man, I would have cried like hell. I could not have been singing. Just looking at the pictures of Amy made me wanna cry. What a beautiful lady.
Love that when she finished the song we saw how Amy's reacted when Tony said that she had won a Grammy. The way she was reacting like she did not really expect it was amazing.
It was a great night that night. She was so happy and I'm proud to say that I was sitting at home and watching it that night and when she won I totally cried and I was so proud.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users