#1 York

York

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:00 PM

what it is?

It seems to me that Lady Gaga and in truth energetically promoting itself on the death of Amy? maybe she wants to borrow her lath?

#2 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:34 PM

I thought she did very well. had never heard gaga sing or really know who she was until the mtv awards.

to me, she sounds alot like Lena Horne, another great. it's nice to see people go outside their comfort zone and do it justice.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#3 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:35 AM

Full video. I like Gaga, but I refuse to watch this, out of bitterness.

#4 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

This song is already on the duets II album, I'm not defending Gaga, nor do I know what the timeline is (if Amy recorded the duet first or not).
But I do not think she is riding on Amy's fame.
Duets II is a lovely album with alot of lovely artists! :) (But of course I would've never bought it if Amy was not on the album)

Posted Image

#5 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:06 AM

^ Exactly. I don't see how Gaga is promoting herself through Amy's death there, she was just one of the artists asked to duet with Bennett, just like Amy was. Obviously we've been focussing discussion on his collaboration with Amy, but he never planned on just working with her alone. I don't believe Body and Soul would even have been a single if it hadn't been for Amy's passing :(
I never listened to Lady Gaga before (I'd heard her music in passing, in shops or on the radio and seen her pictures, but never *listened* to her, just not my thing - seemed like a rehash of Madonna to me). I think she does a good job here though, the choice of song suits her voice well, but I don't think she's comparable to Amy's at all. Gaga's style seems more theatrical, while Amy has a more natural jazz sound. I'd go for Amy over Gaga any day...

#6 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

besides the fact that 'body & soul' appears on the same album this has absolutely nothing to do with amy.

chances are lady gaga's song was supposed to be the first single release, amy's song was probably only promoted to single status to raise money for the foundation.

#7 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

I have to say she was great.. Didn't expect it.

60do5Ti.jpg

#8 York

York

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

This all sounds very strange, even to death, Amy, Amy Gaga compared to how I remember talking about that mimics Gaga Amy in her hair, style and manners in society. And now, after the death of Amy, is not 40 days as Lady Gaga, said that he wants to play in a new documentary film, the role of Amy, as she said, "we were very similar," so she can cope with that role. That's why she flew to the funeral, in order to get a blank check! become receiver Amy. Now, when I learned that she sang the duet with Tony Bennett with, I'm not surprised. That is what chain event, tempting me to think that Gaga PR decided on the death of Amy, as has been done to death, Michael Jackson, obviously recently was that Lady Gaga fizzled out as a character, so she searched for new images, a dork for giving the award MTV and now the image of Amy, and all because after the death of Amy for her interest grew once again at 5-10! its wheels were sold off to such a pace! it could not remain without attention of the world producers, clearly show that global business means big money, and where the money is there no place for ethics!

#9 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

I'm not sure about looks, but i think they were totally different characters. How can she say "we were very similar,". And i'm not even talking about the two of them as a musicians... Gaga to me is a fame whore, exactly the opposite of what Amy was.

60do5Ti.jpg

#10 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

i used to like gaga, her style and stuff but her lyrics don't say anything to me :( i don't mind all her art/fluff, but pls say something i can remember!

however, she is a sweet girl too like amy, and i like that she said upon amy's death 'don't kill the superstar' when everyone was speculating that amy had od' , so i thanked her for that.

#11 YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

I knew you were good, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:07 PM

I have nothing against Gaga, but I'm not really into that thing with being too interested in looking weird by wearing really bizarre costumes and stuff.
Her lyrics and music is boring too though. I think it was nice when she said sweet things about Amy after her death but that's what I can say about Gaga....

#12 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

I thought her duet was good . Lady is a tramp was a good choice for her . Out of the bennett songs , that fit her the best .

Btw got up this mourning switching channels and Amys duet came on vh1 . Nice way 2 wake up :) just depresses me every time i watch it now considering the fact thats all the new Amy Ill ever hear.
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#13 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

just depresses me every time i watch it now considering the fact thats all the new Amy Ill ever hear.

will there be a 3rd record? please somebody say so! :-$

#14 York

York

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

I do not believe in chance, especially in show business, if they occur means that necessary for someone!! It is amazing what Tony Bennett said Lady Gaga Most Talented Artist He's Ever Methttp://celebs.gather...281474980194859

#15 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

I do not believe in chance, especially in show business, if they occur means that necessary for someone!! It is amazing what Tony Bennett said Lady Gaga Most Talented Artist He's Ever Methttp://celebs.gather...281474980194859

he said this about Amy:

"It's such a sad thing because, since Elvis Presley and the Beatles and the Rolling Stones and the whole contemporary change that came in, she was the only singer that really sang what I call the right way," he mused. "Because she was a great jazz-pop singer. She was a great jazz singer. A true jazz singer."

his opinion about gaga = 8-/

paahhh-leeez

super popular, yes
most talented, no
most talented management team - possibly so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users