#17 prettymaryk

prettymaryk

distractionless

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:01 PM

NEVER.

If someone made a truly respectful, sincere, musically oriented film about Amy (preferably starring Amy, in archive footage - all kinds of things are possible with archive footage) - almost like a long music video, maybe with music inspired by Amy, as well as Amy's music, maybe even with her fans in there, I'd certainly consider seeing it... or a series of interpretations of her, perhaps, like in "I'm Not There", which I absolutely loved.

But anything else would be - "star writes song!" "star finds drugs!" "star does drugs!" "star is drunk/high!" "star argues with boy/girlfriend!". They will inevitably make her just another "tortured soul", and turn her life into a formula. Square pegs into round holes. It'll be another "Doors" or "Walk the Line". They're already trying to make biopics of two people I rather love (Freddie Mercury, Marc Bolan). I could certainly do without one of Amy.

#18 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:15 PM

Life was so unfair to Amy as it was. It would be an injustice to her memory to reduce her life to a 90 minute, cheap Hollywood exposé to entertain the masses.

#19 Mr.jones

Mr.jones

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

I think a movie would make her even more famous and more people would know of how talented and what a nice gir she was but they gotta be very careful on how they make the film.

#20 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:39 AM

Making a movie about her isn't that bad. If they wanna make one just don't include the dark times of amy

I remember a few years ago a famous spanish singer named selena was shot to death, and they made a movie about her a few years later and it wasn't that bad

I would like to see an amy movie asap but if its mostly about here drinking and all the darks times of her life, then there's no point in making one

#21 Mr.jones

Mr.jones

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:06 AM

I think that the movie can have a balance.like the movie La vie en rose about Edith Piaf
You can see that she suffered alot and had addictions but at the end of the movie you can't help to love her.

#22 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:22 AM

Not that I love the idea, but if they ever do an Amy movie, they better wait quite a few years at least. I don't think its respectful to do such thing so quickly.

edit-

I remember a few years ago a famous spanish singer named selena was shot to death, and they made a movie about her a few years later and it wasn't that bad

Selena, la reina del tex-mex! she was actually american but her parents were mexican. I remember J-Lo's movie... the president of her fan club killed her, so tragic.

Edited by veronika, 05 October 2011 - 06:33 AM.

Posted Image

#23 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

NO one can be like her!!
Bruno Mars himself didn't sing Amy's song cos there's NO ONE can do it except Amy.
WTF happened with showbiz? It's too money-oriented.

Amy documentary (like MJ's). SOmething more like backstage, candid interview, when Amy did soundcheck (did she ever do soundcheck?), exercising with the band... NICE :)
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#24 YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

I knew you were good, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

Don't think anyone have what it takes to act like Amy. They really got to understand her spirit and person and not even that would make you just the half of Amy. She was a big personality. No movie.

#25 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

Please don't let them make a movie. No one can play Amy.

No one in Hollywood would care for Amy if she was alive, it's so sad that they just got interest in her, because she died.

So i say No, No, NO!
Amy flies in paradise

#26 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

N one could do her any justice, to capture her essence, her spirit, not an easy task to pull off, and no one, but no one could pull the voice of, abckstage/interviews/performances/ou-takes and so on, would be best.

It'd take a brave crew to try do an Amy film, that would do her any justice and alot of research, not just the downtimes, which is what most films do, badly!. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#27 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

I think that the movie can have a balance.like the movie La vie en rose about Edith Piaf
You can see that she suffered alot and had addictions but at the end of the movie you can't help to love her.

Yes that was a good movie about Edit Piaf she died of liver cancer but had a life of drink and heroine abuse - could say Amy crammed it all into a few years.

There obviously will be a film or films made sometime - but with Lady Gaga - absolutely NO!!! It's can't be some grubby Hollywood trash! Her ex - Reg Traviss is a film director maybe he can come up with a good script! :-S

Edited by Nigel Jam, 05 October 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#28 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

If a movie could be done by someone like Oliver Stone for example(he did a great movie on 'The Doors') and like the movie about Jim Morrison, could put alot of research into it by interviewing many, many, many people that had worked w/Amy and not just interviewing them but being able to validate their stories w/other people to make sure they were truthful, it could be great and really give alot of insight into her music, and especially the startup of her career.

if too much was spent on showing her sniffing and snorting, lighting up a crack pipe holed up in some bathroom before a show doing heroin w/BFC, naahhh, not worth the time of day and would only make me angry that this is what people who may not have known a whole lot about her will focus on.

I remember w/the 'Doors' movie, there was a great piece that was shown along w/the movie(was on HBO here in the states) that interviewed those that were part of Stone's researching the doors=including members of the band themselves.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#29 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

Not that I love the idea, but if they ever do an Amy movie, they better wait quite a few years at least. I don't think its respectful to do such thing so quickly.

edit-

Selena, la reina del tex-mex! she was actually american but her parents were mexican. I remember J-Lo's movie... the president of her fan club killed her, so tragic.

yeah my bad! she was american with mexican parents and she learned to sing in spanish while she was a teenager i think. yeah it was really tragic.

#30 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

If a movie could be done by someone like Oliver Stone for example(he did a great movie on 'The Doors') and like the movie about Jim Morrison, could put alot of research into it by interviewing many, many, many people that had worked w/Amy and not just interviewing them but being able to validate their stories w/other people to make sure they were truthful, it could be great and really give alot of insight into her music, and especially the startup of her career.

if too much was spent on showing her sniffing and snorting, lighting up a crack pipe holed up in some bathroom before a show doing heroin w/BFC, naahhh, not worth the time of day and would only make me angry that this is what people who may not have known a whole lot about her will focus on.

I remember w/the 'Doors' movie, there was a great piece that was shown along w/the movie(was on HBO here in the states) that interviewed those that were part of Stone's researching the doors=including members of the band themselves.

I thought the Doors one was good, "Sid and Nancy" was good about Sid Vicious - played by Gary Oldman.
Brian Jones one was good if you like Lsd..

But with Amy a large part of it is the relationship with Mitch he might not like it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users