5 replies to this topic

#1 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

I've always been curious to know how Amy and her band's rehearsals went. When did they decide to rehearse before shows? And when did they just skip it and go with the flow?

I'd love to hear from a band member about this because it looks like they never needed any rehearsing. Everyone looked so natural and flawless on stage!

Has anyone else ever thought about this?

#2 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

I remember seeing pictures of Amy and the band rehearsing for their Brazilian tour back in january...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Cecilia, 07 October 2011 - 05:26 PM.

#3 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

Oh wow! I love these pictures - thank you so much for sharing! Xx
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

I knew you were good, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

it always seemed like they was just going with the flow.... loved amy's gigs because they was so relaxed if you can say it like that....

#5 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

I think they looked flawless because they did rehearse. No band can wing it for a world class artist. No band can wing it period unless maybe hard core jazz.

I would think musicians of their caliber would only run through the set a few times and maybe the second or third time bring Amy in to run through it. I don't think Amy needed much rehearsal. If they had new tunes there would be a little more work to get everyone on the same page.

When the band rehearsed is another question. If she had several dates lined up did they start 2 weeks before then run through the show again 2 days before the 1st gig?

I think all bands do it differently. I've read the Stones still have rehearsals. Hard to believe.

#6 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

They used to rehearse in 2006. It was cool, I've already heard two tracks of a rehearsal in Camden and they all were very funny, and Amy sounding amazing.

Unfortunately I'm unable to share them here. :( But I think in 2007 they didn't rehearse much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users