• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

Amy Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil 'scared' of dad Mitch

by Rory Tevlin, Irish Daily Mirror 15/10/2011

Decrease font size Increase font size

Posted Image Amy Winehouse (pic: Getty)

THE father of late singer Amy Winehouse last night told how her ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil was “scared” of him.
Devastated Mitch Winehouse opened up about Amy’s death and told of the horrific moment when he was told his daughter had passed away.
Singer Amy, 27, was found dead in her north London apartment in July.
Advertisement >>
http://d.chango.com/collector/mapping?partner=AppNexus&partner_uid=1338288030526480969 [IMG]http://match.v1.rtb.revcloud.adaos-ads.net/72429f8?publisher_user_id=76f0cf09-f34e-4d02-a40e-a637598aa893&publisher_dsp_id=3&publisher_call_type=redirect&publisher_redirecturl=http://ad.360yield.com/match[/IMG]

Mitch Winehouse said that Blake Fielder-Civil would avoid him and his family when the pair were together.
He told RTE’s Late Late Show: “He [Blake] was scared of me and the family, he wanted to keep control. The first time I met him he was charming and the next time not so charming.
“He spoke about how he introduced her to drugs and said she took to it like a duck to water. A nice thing to say about his wife.
“I got the news in New York and it was like an icy cold calm came over me. In my mind was the Amy Winehouse Foundation.
“We have good days we have bad days. It comes in waves.
“I can look at photos of Amy’s but I find it difficult to listen to the music, that’s the grieving process.
“If you have a day when you don’t cry is a good day. Today is not a good day.”
Talented Amy battled drugs and booze addictions for years before her tragic death this summer.
Mitch told how his daughter was his best friend and would tell him everything.
Mitch said: “She was a smart kid, she was not precocious. But she was singing as she was talking.
“We had a fantastic relationship. She would tell me everything, even in her darkest moments she would tell me the truth. She used to say, ‘If you don’t want to know don’t ask’.”
Mitch also told how Amy fell out of love with live performing towards the end of her life.
He said: “Certain things she was uncomfortable with. She was kind of moving away from the stage work, she did not enjoy it all actually.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/10/15/amy-winehouse-s-husband-blake-fielder-civil-scared-of-dad-mitch-115875-23490148/

#2 AmyFanEternal

AmyFanEternal

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

MItch beating on Blake a sight I would love to see

#3 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

I found it interesting when he was stating in the interview that Blake didn't come around really, and that it was a means of control. Makes sense.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#4 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:37 AM

I'd like to know more about what happened at Belgrade. Cos it was the last time Amy on stage and cleary not at her best. Mitch said that Amy fell out of love with live performing. Why? I thought she like to perform live.. It's confusing.
I felt sorry for Mitch :(

That douchbag! Uh I feel like speechless. "she took it like a duck to water" makes me mad! I slapped him if I was Mitch.
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#5 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:06 AM

I'm kinda confused with she took it like a duck in water. What does that exaclty mean?

#6 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:52 AM

He's saying that the drug use came naturally to her, that it was easy for her from the start.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:52 AM

Ohh alright thanks! That's messed up to say. I believe she wouldn't do drugs if it wasn't for him, but sadly he introduce her to them

#8 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:37 AM

"Amy Winehouse's husband Blake Fielder-Civil 'scared' of dad Mitch"

"BLAKEY" SHOULD HAVE BEEN! ...grrr. jeez. of COURSE!
...love you amy, nothing against what you love, really wish press would leave ur loves alone <3 <3 <3

#9 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

I'd like to know more about what happened at Belgrade. Cos it was the last time Amy on stage and cleary not at her best. Mitch said that Amy fell out of love with live performing. Why? I thought she like to perform live.. It's confusing.

I think she was medicated and drunk... In Brazil she performed brilliantly voice-wise, but her behaviour seemed very controlled by the meds. It was very unlike her. But you can't blame her for being tired of performing the same set for five years. It was suggested she already had some new songs by then, but why didn't she perform them? Maybe she wasn't allowed by her label or she wasn't happy with the work. If the latter is the case, then that could mean the third album wouldn't have been out in 2011 like it was announced. If she got tired of performing in general, maybe the new album was not even supposed to happen. This is all the reasons why I find it hard to believe she even had any material to release, but, we'll see...

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#10 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

Mitch seems like the kind of guy where you'd have to do some really shitty things to get on his bad side. If you end up in a situation where you're scared of him then you only have yourself & your despicable actions to blame.

#11 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

The full RTE Late Show interview with Mitch starts at 0:23:40 in the video

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1117110

#12 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:01 PM

Thanks Uno.

#13 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

Mitch seems like the kind of guy where you'd have to do some really shitty things to get on his bad side. If you end up in a situation where you're scared of him then you only have yourself & your despicable actions to blame.

i agree! ... and we don't know the whole truth. i always suspected mitch forced blake 2 file ... just my own thought but might be true. my dad would have demanded that ...:amyshock:

Edited by Birdieava, 16 October 2011 - 01:31 PM.

#14 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

I think she was medicated and drunk... In Brazil she performed brilliantly voice-wise, but her behaviour seemed very controlled by the meds. It was very unlike her. But you can't blame her for being tired of performing the same set for five years. It was suggested she already had some new songs by then, but why didn't she perform them? Maybe she wasn't allowed by her label or she wasn't happy with the work. If the latter is the case, then that could mean the third album wouldn't have been out in 2011 like it was announced. If she got tired of performing in general, maybe the new album was not even supposed to happen. This is all the reasons why I find it hard to believe she even had any material to release, but, we'll see...

Exactly!, meds with booze and the sheer unadulterated utter boredom of singing same songs over and over and over and over (U get the point), ANYONE would lose some passion for performing them same ole same ole songs, and she enjoyed smaller, intimate venues/shows. Simple as.

Amy wrote Rehab in the USA with Ronson, after it just came to her while they were walking in LA, she did it in LA, wrote it, recorded it, it was about when she split with snake failedher drivel, mitch tries to say, she wrote it in his house and it was about Chris, so him saying she fell outa love with performing, not so, fell outa love performing same ole songs 5million times ... YES!. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#15 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

Unfortunately Amy probably did take to taking drugs, as they probably gave her some relief from her depression and so on, as alot of people with mental illness can do, she changed so much, when she met snake, scumbag!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users