16 replies to this topic

#1 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:56 AM

Amy Winehouse is dead and her boyfriend, Reg Traviss still doesn't understand why. One thing Reg is sure of though is that Winehouse was "happy" the week that she suddenly and shockingly passed away.
Posted ImageIt is now about three months since news of singer Amy Winehouse's death dominated the news cycle. The 34-year-old film director, Traviss, felt like his relationship with the oft-troubled singer was headed in the right direction and that she was happy.
Things were just going really, really well... in many respects, things were perfect and going really, really well so yes, that makes [Amy's death] more of a shock... She was happy, relaxed, she was just normal Amy and doing the normal things she would do every day...
In a recent interview, Reg Travis goes on to discuss that Amy Winehouse was starting to keep better care of herself physically and spiritually. She was headed to the gym with regularity and had reestablished a 'religious routine.'
While many people were looking (or assuming) that Winehouse's death was due to her long-time battle with substance abuse, Traviss actually was shocked because he seem to think she had turned a corner. Clearly what he saw of Winehouse in her last few days was a happier artist who was putting life back together.
Unfortunately for fans, the world will never experience the 'happy' Amy Winehouse, the one Reg Traviss experienced in her last week on Earth.

http://celebs.gather...281474980608746

This makes it even sadder, that she was turning her life around, and all of a sudden, she isnt here anymore :'-(

#2 YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

I knew you were good, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

I rather want her to be happy the last days of her life than unhappy.

#3 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:39 PM

this really mirrors what Mitch and Janis have said as well in interviews...that she was happy and doing better; the periods of sobriety were longer and the binging shorter.

yes, that is what makes it just so gutting...just so gutting and aching, and heartbreaking.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#4 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

This is the part that's always bothered me about her death. She had a mess up, but she looked so much better. I guess she was always that way, up and down. I think the alcohol just got a hold of her and it was too late. I imagine you must have to drink so much to die so young. Poor girl, it makes me just sad thinking about it. She had much more to give, she just needed to give up something in return.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#5 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

i wonder what was meant by the 're-established a religious routine.' comment, i assume he was referring to her jewish faith?

#6 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

^I thought he meant she religiously followed a routine in her life, like going to the gym every day.

#7 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

yeah could be, its just the mention of taking care of herself "spiritually" makes it seem as if he could be talking about religion too, which would be interesting because i think it was said amy didn't consider herself to be that religious so i thought maybe she had changed her stance.

#8 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

Another interview with Reg, I thought I'd add it to an existing thread rather than make another one:

Amy Winehouse's tearful boyfriend Reg Traviss on the woman he loved

THREE months ago, the woman he loved died – and Reg Traviss is still struggling to come to terms with the tragedy.

The film director has tried to keep a lid on his emotions and carry on as usual, but every now and then his grief rises to the surface.
And tomorrow, as the inquest into Amy Winehouse’s untimely death at the age of 27 reopens, there will be fresh agony – for both Reg and the singer’s heartbroken family.

“It’s been foggy, very foggy... very tough,” says Reg, 35, tears in his eyes as we talk in his film company’s office in London. “I have started getting back to work and keeping busy, but it’s difficult.
“You start thinking about it, you get down – it brings you down. Amy had turned a corner, that is the tragedy.
“I get good days and bad days. It’s like that really. You are realistic, you understand it and accept it, and then on the flip side everything seems surreal. Even talking about it is strange.”

Mystery still surrounds Amy’s sudden death at her home in Camden, North London, on July 23. Despite her infamous past of drug-taking and booze binges, it was revealed in August there were no illegal substances in her system when she died.
But for Reg, the public perception of Amy as a drug-addled, out-of-it star is far removed from the girl he knew and loved.
He says: “She had been involved with drugs long before we were together. That was way in the past, that was not a bit of her life.
“You couldn’t put her in a room with drugs, it just wasn’t her world any more. She had nothing to do with drugs, had no interest in drugs, all that was in the past.
“The drinking as well, it wasn’t any more than a lot of people her age. I know girls of 27 who work in the City and they drink more than she drank. They binge-drink three or four nights a week.
"But she had all that within her control. What happened was a reaction to the abuse she had put her body through a few years ago.
“These things take a strain and if the body gets strained it takes its toll.
“I believe that’s what it was and I think that the seizures she had been having were a consequence of that.”

Just over a month before her death, Amy gave a shambolic performance in Belgrade. She appeared drunk, slurring her words and stumbling around the stage. Her European comeback tour was subsequently cancelled.
To many, it seemed little had changed for her. But Reg insists it was an aberration and that Amy had made considerable progress in conquering her demons.
“How many rock or pop stars have gone onstage after a few too many?” he says.
“All right, it was five weeks earlier, but that was history as well.
“It wasn’t like she was doing that every day right up until July 23.” Amy’s disastrous, booze and drug-fuelled relationship with her jailbird ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil had pushed her body to the brink.

But all that changed when Reg came into her life two years ago.
He says: “I remember Amy as I knew her, which is very different to the general public’s perception.
“We tried to be private and keep away from all of it. She was a very considerate person.
“We met socially, through friends. It was an afternoon at a pub – a coffee pub. And that was it. We have mutual friends that go back 15 years, but then we got to know each other.”
He laughs for the first time when I inquire if he asked Amy out, and replies: “No, no, no. I didn’t ask her out on a date. We just chatted and we were friends for a while and things developed. Initially we were just mates, but it developed from there.”

It helped that they have similar backgrounds – no-nonsense, working-class roots. Reg was raised above his mum’s children’s clothes store in the East End.
From an early age, he was obsessed with films and photography – even lining up his Action Men and snapping them. Those hobbies stopped him going off the rails, like several of his mates did.
Reg explains: “My parents would have stepped in if I’d started down a criminal path.

“But, to be honest, I always had interests in film and photography and writing. I was smoking and doing naughty things, but I juggled doing that and talking about films.”
With the help of the Prince’s Trust, he shot a short film which helped get him into Southampton Art College. His first film, Joy Division, put him on the map and then Screwed, about the harsh realities of prison life, cemented his reputation.

In the last few months of Amy’s life, Reg was away in Yorkshire making Screwed. The demands on his time meant that it was difficult for them to keep in regular close contact.
He sighs: “It was tough leaving Amy for that amount of time…
“As a director you tend not to get much sleep. If it is a tough day you don’t switch your phone on. Even when it’s lunch you are having meetings and you work through and finish at eight at night.
“Then you have rushes to look at, then you eat, then it’s too late to ring.”
Reg was actually on his way to see Amy when he heard the terrible news.
He says: “I was en route to her flat and her bodyguard called me. I’d been trying to get hold of her but there was no answer. Then he rang and I expected it to be her. He said, ‘Come over straight away, something bad’s happened’.”

Since that devastating day, Reg has been busy working with Amy’s dad Mitch in setting up a charity in her memory.
He says: “We’ve been looking at a couple of good charities we could go back to.
“I was with Mitch last week and we went to visit a hospice which is funded by charitable donations. I will do as much as I can, as and when needed.”
Whatever the findings of the reopened inquest, Reg will always remember Amy as both the woman he loved and as an outstanding singer-songwriter.
He says, proudly: “She was a massive talent – what I’d consider as a world-class talent. It’s a phrase sometimes attached to footballers, but you can apply that to Amy, too. She was world-class.”
The millions of her fans would agree.

3Screwed is out now on both DVD and Blu-ray.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.../#ixzz1bmRsrMID

#9 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

Really heartbreaking. I feel deep sympathy for Reg and all of Amy's family and friends. If she never made another record, she could still have been happy and fulfilled in life. That's the greatest loss of all, IMO - we'll always have her voice, but the person is gone. On the other hand, how lucky for us that she survived as long as she did. And I'm glad Amy found Reg, if only for a short time, and that her final days were good ones.

By the way I love your sketch Juan, it's so delicate and beautiful like Amy herself.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#10 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

Because she had demons from within, as is with huge talents as my lil chip pitta has also mentioned on here, theres times when no matter what was going on in her life, she'd still be down. But she was in a much better place than she had been for a while and with a much better man, who was a good influence on her. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#11 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

he was a great influence on her of course. very stable person. bless him, he tried ...

#12 Amyfan

Amyfan

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

he was a great influence on her of course. very stable person. bless him, he tried ...

Exactly how I think about it.

#13 Jessa.

Jessa.

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

YouTube link if anybody that wanted to see the video didn't...

So sad.

#14 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

She(Amy) did not want to die. She told her family she had so much more to achieve in life.

said Reg Traviss and yes, it's better. She didn't die when she was in trouble.(Fortunately!) But this makes me think everything over and over again. I try to understand why she's gone, why she left us. But no! There's no valid reason. So now, I only want to believe she was happy in her last days and remember her as a diva, as a star.
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#15 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

Its just a horrible accident that happened to a lovely, but troubled, but getting on right path again, girl at a times in her life when we didn't expect it, if it would have happened 3-4 years ago, people would be sad, but not as shocked, coz she was in a bad way, in a bad place, thanx 2 bfc, so if she was going to do owt stupid, desperate it would have been then. She wanted babies and to do more in her career. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users