#1 LondonSweet

LondonSweet

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

Hey guys!

Forgive the brevity of this post but it's 12.30am and I've got to wale at 6am (YIKES!!)

Why am I awake at this God forsaken hour? Well, I've been home a little over an hour after seeing Bruno Mars in concert tonight! I'm completely in love with him and was just so excited today. On my way, among other things, I kept hoping that he'd sing Valerie or another of Amy's songs in tribute (particularly ad the venue of his show - Brixton Academy - is one Amy had played before). So the show ended and he did an amazing job but hadn't sung Valerie. But nevermind, I thought, I love him anyway lol except I couldn't figure out what other songs he had left to perform for his encore.

You see where I'm going with this?

He finally comes back out, and the first thing he said is that he'd had the honour/opportunity to perform at the VMAs last month - the whole academy went wild with screams, only to have them intensify when he said how Amy had inspired him and he wanted to sing her song because it was her city. So everyone basically went wild during Valerie...

He did only one song afterwards and leaving, I saw this woman, crying in the arms of her husband and idk if we Amy fans have a common energy, but instantly I knew she was crying because of Amy. I didn't want to seem rude so I didn't say anything but after a few moments as we were walking along pretty much side by side, I tapped her shoulder and said "I couldn't help but over hear but I think that was a touching tribute, dont you?" and from that our conversation sparked, speaking of so many things about Amy - young Amy, troubled Amy, lost Amy - and constant in all of those: Talented Amy. It even turned out that this woman lived by my college which is hf way across London and almost 2 hours from where I actually lived.

I just wanted to share that, because again it shows Amy's talent that she bought together and was the reason for an exchange between me, 17, and a married woman about 20 years older than me :)

Gotta give Bruno his dues, too a) for his tribute which was very well done and B) foe the fact that he had bought me and this lady together as well, showing as Amy and other great musicians before her did, that talent creates a common ground between those - on the surface - who are the most different :)
Nikki
Forever the fan of a musical Genius.

Winehouse~1983-2011
Remember her
8-/

#2 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

It's great you got to see Bruno, I like him a lot, too. Hope he comes to Spain soon.
It's wonderful to see how much love there's for Amy. Her passing is a real tragedy and the wounds will take a lot of time to heal.

Edited by ladyamy, 25 October 2011 - 08:32 PM.

I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users