Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

at Camden Art Galery, 11-13 november:

36 unique paintings by celebrity artist, Sam Shaker, that were commissioned by Amy Winehouse, who called Sam 'Her Second Dad' to go on display..

The remaining 29 of these unique paintings will be reproduced as prints on canvas and framed and will be available for sale and also win a framed canvas of Amy:
http://www.art-seekers.com/win

3 will be a 'Limited Edition' run of 300 of each worldwide - these will be signed by Sam Shaker.

A percentage of the proceeds will go to the 'Amy Winehouse Foundation'

These unique collection of paintings will be on show at:

CAMDEN ART GALLERY, 62 Chalk Farm Road, Camden Town,
London NW1 8AN
DATE: 11/12/13 NOVEMBER 2011
OPEN TIMES: 10am ' 18.00

Sam first met Amy Winehouse long before she achieved International fame. 'She came to my club and the admission charge was £3. She said she didn't have £3, so I told her she could pay me next time,' he recalls.
The unlikely friendship blossomed in the years that followed. 'She was creative, kind, talented and a very genuine person. She loved art, music and writing. She never forgot her friends and people like me who gave her a helping hand in her career. She wasvery loyal to me and never commissioned any other artist to paint her portrait.'

http://www.music-new...r&nItemID=45203
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#2 Jessa.

Jessa.

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

Posted Image

I really like this one, has such an old feel to it.

#3 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

But I'm not going there until this December! Now what am I gonna do.. :'(
Thanks so much for posting though, although I will not be able to attend..

Posted Image

#4 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

How do you buy the reproduced prints? I have entered the comp - gosh how hard was it to decide your top 5 - jeez... nightmare! I really like his pics of her! I have just moved into a new house and would love an Amy pic. Feel like she's here with me xx
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 paulh202

paulh202

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

http://www.amywineho...&pictureid=1085

Hoping to make this one! great excuse for another trip to London!

Paul

Attached Files

#6 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

How do you buy the reproduced prints? I have entered the comp - gosh how hard was it to decide your top 5 - jeez... nightmare! I really like his pics of her! I have just moved into a new house and would love an Amy pic. Feel like she's here with me xx

i know!!! way cool!!! LOL
it would be SO cool to win a stretch canvas by sam! i hope you win so you can put the portrait in your new house! ;-)

#7 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:23 AM

honestly when u look at many of Sam's paintings, they almost look like photographs. He was able to capture her so well.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#8 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:36 AM

Thank you SO much. I have entered the contest. I wish everyone lots of luck. She is absolutely beautiful in these portraits. What an amazing artist.

#9 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:59 AM

I love all these paintings. They are so warm and full of life and colorful. They capture both her likeness and her spirit. It lifts my mood just looking at them.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#10 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

Popped down Chalk Farm Road to have a look at the new portraits yesterday. When we were EVENTUALLY let in - had to ring the bell four times and even then the chick stood there, checking her FB, before she opened the door - they were very, very nice. Sam wasn't about sadly, and we didn't have time to pop down to JAD to say hi (only a flying visit), but we're going back in a few weeks and will see him then.

Anyways, a few piccies (no flash used, in case the gallery people stop by ;))

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We stopped at the Hawley for a quick drink before crossing the road to lunch at Gilgamesh, and snapped some of the Amy graf on the rail bridge - the Hawley is right under the rail bridge and has an upstairs patio, so you can see the graf from there, which is poignant but nice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://farm7.static....eaa9f179c_z.jpg
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#11 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

Love his paintings - wish i could make it the the exhibition but thanks for sharing the pics, I imagine they are fab in real life.

The graffiti brought a tear to my eye actually. So much love for that girl!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

Thank you for those pictures Mama Haze! I wanted to go myself, but unfortunately couldn't make it to london this weekend. I'm sort of glad they haven't removed all the Amy graffiti from Camden yet...

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#13 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

Didn't get to do much else but snap and eat, so I don't know if the Amy fairy is still near her house, but the 'Amy Winehouse IS Camden Town' has gone from the Rail bridge - which is fair enough, I suppose, the bridge is a local icon in itself :) I can't see them removing the stuff at the top of the Hawley, since only Hawley customers are likely to see it and complain.

Just a aside note for anyone who hasn't been there; the Hawley is, and always has been, a bit of a curious place. Back in the day - late 90s, early 00s - it was frequented by rockers and had a darker interior than it has these days. Now if you go n at the weekend, you will probably want to sit in the upstairs bar or roof garden... cos downstairs there are lots of old ladies having their lunch :) An odd paradox for a place frequented by musicians etc, but there you go. Part of it's quirky charm. :)

#14 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

wow, thanks so much for the pics; glad u went even if it was a whirlwind day.

I think the ladies who lunch at the Hawley is so fun! I love places with a quirkiness about them. Just like Amy's audience, it sounds like the Hawley appeals to people from all walks of life and ages.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#15 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

OMFG choosing just 5 five is a torture. I've spent 15 minutes looking at them (and crying) and I still haven't entered the competition. Sam is amazing, it's like if he could bring her back to life in his paintings. They're even better than a picture!
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users