24 replies to this topic

#1 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

Would it be fair to say that her fanbase is very much female based?

If so why not more males? I never seem to hear many males praising her delights and casting adoration.

I don't get it. I'm male and simply worship her. But most of her followers seem to be Winettes!

Where are the guys?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#2 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

I was thinking the same and I even was hesitant to register here because i thought there would be no other guys. But there are plenty around. She appealls to all ages and sexes :)

60do5Ti.jpg

#3 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

Glad to hear it Dani.

I'm ready to launch a new and high-profile movement of male fans.

The girls can be the Winettes.

The guys can be the WineGums.

:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#4 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:22 PM

I'm a guy too and I like amy for her talent!! And yeah your right! There should be more male fans!

#5 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

Having been a member since 2007 I can attest to the fact that she has a dedicated and strong, ardent male fan base...of all ages...

maybe at this emotional time the guys "speak" less often than the gals
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#6 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

I actually had a female friend who was surprised how much I liked Amy because she said all her songs were written for and in the language of women.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#7 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

Would it be fair to say that her fanbase is very much female based?

If so why not more males? I never seem to hear many males praising her delights and casting adoration.

I don't get it. I'm male and simply worship her. But most of her followers seem to be Winettes!

Where are the guys?

O.K. fellow , when you feel lonely i wil log in second time as my alter ego Kraftfahrer-Bob-1944 for being your friend . LOL Do'nt know much about soccer or rugby or other violence , but a lot of guns and ammo as wel on old armytrucks 1939/1945 . :)

#8 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

I have to agree that perhaps the male demographic just isn't as vocal on the forums but I remember one forum I belonged to, there were quite a few fellas on them....

and when u look into the audiences of her concerts, there are plenty fellas there too.

my brother loved her(didn't realize just how much until after her passing..he wrote me a lovely card and sent a package w/tribute mag). he hated the way the press treated her.

Like myself, he always loved the rat-pack era and we both used to talk about what a dream it would have been to have seen Frank S. in concert. I remember when he died we both sat up til late in the night watching tributes on tv(Larry King).

so I guess she probably had a bigger demographic w/male fan base that also loved jazz and the jazz standards but they are probably less vocal(considering the demo of age there too).

If you're a fella and you adore Amy....you're a bigger fan of mine. LOL
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#9 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

My bro likes Amy, i know a few guys that like her. Woman like her, coz she's one of us, theres certain woman celebs, some other woman can't hack (think jordan, and so on), then theres some, that woman love, like Kylie and so on, and Amy is is one of them! x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#10 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

Proud to say you've another male fan right here! A lot of males around my age won't even give the genre of Amy's music a chance. They'd rather listen to belly ache music which makes my ears bleed, ultimately its them who are missing out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#11 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

I am a massive male fan!!

However, with her passing, i said to myself, why the hell have i been quiet about her being my favorite singer? If people think lower of me for having my favorite singer be a female,they can piss off. Even my friends were surprised! But im proud of loving Amy.

I think its very true that Amy sang very female oriented songs but at the same time, many concepts of hers, as well as of course the pain in her voice, are universal human experiences. Gender does not discriminate.

#12 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

When u say massive, how massive are u over 7 foot?... ;)

Good taste me lil chip pitta

Loads men love female singers stands to reason really, esp if they hot, lol, my bro loves every soul woman there is, lol. x

#13 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

Also its good from a male's perspective to hear what female(s) go through and think in relationships. To have a talent where you put your emotions into songs is just incredible.

I mean, if i had been going out with Amy and then had a song written about me saying how crap it was, i'd be damaged goods LOL I certainly wouldn't want to have been called a ladyboy by Amy or had my hand held to get the angle right LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#14 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

What a lovely brother you have!

I have to agree that perhaps the male demographic just isn't as vocal on the forums but I remember one forum I belonged to, there were quite a few fellas on them....

and when u look into the audiences of her concerts, there are plenty fellas there too.

my brother loved her(didn't realize just how much until after her passing..he wrote me a lovely card and sent a package w/tribute mag). he hated the way the press treated her.

Like myself, he always loved the rat-pack era and we both used to talk about what a dream it would have been to have seen Frank S. in concert. I remember when he died we both sat up til late in the night watching tributes on tv(Larry King).

so I guess she probably had a bigger demographic w/male fan base that also loved jazz and the jazz standards but they are probably less vocal(considering the demo of age there too).

If you're a fella and you adore Amy....you're a bigger fan of mine. LOL

"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#15 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

PML, how his love life after that must have wained, lol. How the fuck did fake faildher drivel get another woman?.

Yea, for a guy to hear from our angle ;), lol must be interesting x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users