23 replies to this topic

#1 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

Always happened with Denise and Five star, a song title or something related in a tv show or a billboard, if you get me.

In other room, tv's on, Your wondering now, just came on in it, i smiled, coz i put it to Amy, yday, someone said Orange peel, (song on her repotoire) i laughed, no one else gets it, but urself and other fans. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#2 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

Do you know - I just heard that on BBC - had the tele on and it came on!!! haha!!!!! Thought the same thing!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

I make mistake of makin a sound to acknowledge it, earns u funny looks in public, or ur fam, mates ask whats up, lo. With the five star/Denise thing, if ur with another fan, u just echo songtitle outloud, like a mad person, lol, can't wait, find the time, rain or shine n giggle like a nutjob, only u n ur likeminded mate get it, lol ;) x

#4 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

Same here. I've had so many occurrences like that and just had 1 whilst typing this. My Mum's in the other room watching that 71 Degrees North or whatever its called and the narrator on there just mentioned Amy Williams and i may have misheard but her middle name is Jade and her surname begins with W!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#5 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

I was in Thailand when Amy passed and with a friend who likes her but isn't mad for her like I am. The whole trip all I did was talk about Amy and make my friend listen to her music - it was on my I-pod 24/7. My friend is really into pop / r&b sort of stuff that I'm not and everywhere we went this sort of music was playing (to my annoyance). Then on our last night we were in this bar with a fab fella playing acoustic guitar when he suddenly belted out Rehab! OMG - don't think I have ever been as excited. Then lots of people came up to me and were like - Winehouse and we spent ages talking about her music etc - fab! :-)
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

Her "I don't know if it's true but I heard that!" with the really exaggerated "heard"!

Often, if I'm telling someone something that I'm not certain is true, I just automatically want to say that and say it exactly the way she said it. It's just in my head! But no one gets it and it just sounds weird since I'm American.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:30 PM

Ha, and thir sayings, if they have one, phrases, Denise always says 'Cha' when she sings, says flowers, like flars, uptop, we do it, lol, yeah, I'll hear stuff now n picture Amy sayin it, just adopt her phrases, lol x

#8 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

Yes! Just this past weekend at work someone said something that was a few words from one of her songs(was not saying it in reference to her song though) and i almost broke out into the song and almost started talking about it for whatever reason thinking it was 'forum people' I was with! crazy!!! I kind of snickered to myself at the impulse that was there...thank goodness I didn't say a thing but was getting ready to start rambling.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#9 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

it just sounds weird since I'm American.

Try that when English isn't even your mother tongue.. :D Things Amy said just pop my mind when I'm talking, but even though I sometimes say something in English when I can't think of the German word, I would sound like a complete idiot using Amy's phrases :D
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#10 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

Buying a jug of cider the other day, I started singin 'what's in-cider never dies' cracking myself up, haha

#11 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

I just heard 'You're Wondering Now' on the TV too and started singing the words. Actually wondering if it's used as the regular theme music on that show?

Also enjoy watching Lorraine Pascale doing her baking on a Monday evening, and she often uses Amy songs (without vocals) as background. So far heard 'Back To Black' and 'You Know I'm No Good.'

The Strictly Come Dancing spin-off programme It Takes Too shown each weekday night regularly uses 'Tears Dry On Their Own' as background music when showing training footage.

Whenever I hear any of them my reaction is the always same .... I shout at the TV, ordering it to freeze the action and just turn up the music!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#12 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

Love it x

#13 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

She always said Seriously, when i hear that now, i just think of Amy, lol x

#14 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

I am a high school teacher and this little kid was fussing around in this pencil case and when I asked him what he was doing he said my pen's not working then shouted 'stupid pen!' I laughed and said, 'ooooh you sound like Amy Winehouse with her stupid Men!' but he didn't get it. I'm now humming the song! One of my fave lines too! haha! STUPID PEN!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

PML!, see, ooh, other day in a Supernatural, a demon said to an Angel, ur supposed to be *Stronger than me*, and on summat else, someone said something aboit not *in my bed*, lol x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users