7 replies to this topic

#1 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:55 AM

Simon Cowell said at the end of this clip that she reminded him of Beyonce, but I have this inkling feeling he wanted to say Amy Winehouse.

What a voice!

One love.

#2 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:02 AM

I've never watched X Factor but this girl is pretty good! God, I love that song. I would have loved, LOVED to see Amy sing it. I think she would have absolutely nailed it.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

For a little girl (she is only 13), this girl really has pipes... just like Amy.

I think Simon Cowell brought the Beyonce reference as it's more "relevant" to American viewers. The average TV viewer wouldn't understandan Amy comparison,or just conjure up the negative images.
One love.

#4 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

She's only 13?! Wow, she does not look or sound 13! She's good now and as she grows up I bet she'll get even better.

And Beyonce probably seemed relevant as well since she sang that song in "Cadillac Records" when she played Etta.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

Ahh okay... that makes sense now. Never saw the movie and the theme of the night was movie soundtracks.

I'll have to look up Beyonce version and see how they compare.
One love.

#6 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

Yeh I noticed this girl stood out with her voice - bit too clean for Amy don't you think? :-S:amyshock::D

#7 tracey

tracey

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

Saw this post and just had to comment: my husband (who I thought didn't notice much!!!) right after he heard this girl sing, said he thought she sounded just like a little Amy...I was so proud of him! :-)

#8 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:17 AM

I don't watch the show but was reading a story on this young girl. amazing story.

she was a crack baby and spent the first six months of her life in a crack house. she was taken into foster care and then adopted by the same family. She has the most amazing personality. I was just blown away by her personality and outlook. they call her 'little miss sunshine' or something to that effect because she has such a bubbly personality.

really great voice. will be interesting to see where she goes.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users