Photo
- - - - -

Amy before and after recovery

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

There are so many pictures comparing Amy in 2004 and 2008, however there isn't absolutely anything on internet about how she looked before dying, when she was clean. People/press don't care about her recovery because they don't want to accept that she was really recovered before her death, but this is undeniable if you take a look at her more recent pics. So, I did some montages of Amy at her worst times, 2008 or 2009, and after cleaning herself, in 2010 or 2011. I think everyone should know about the "new Amy" to stop implying that her recovery was "marketing" or something like that. Hope you like it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Mrs. Destiny likes this

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#2 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:13 PM

Thank you so much for this! It is all too true that nobody wanted to point out that Amy had recovered. In fact, i think when amy began recovering, people lost interest because they were only intersted in a person with no control.

That third picture is perfect - this photo is VERY publicized (the comparision is)

Posted Image

And its time they added the last picture to it and publicized it. She was doing great. She simply couldnt free herself from her alcohol addiction.

I keep saying this, but she looked great towards the end of her life. So beautiful.

#3 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

They shd show Amy 2003/4, then 2008, to 2011, how she was at start, how bad she got thru drugs and how well she recovered, press shd show these pix to show she was better, twats. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#4 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

Giovanni,

You're so right; and thanks for taking the time to do those photo collages.

Marc, so true regarding 'less drama' so not as much interest in those that were just seeking the former.

bravo, Giovanni. We all loved her when she was at her lowest, and we loved her at the end of her short life.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#5 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

It's really a shame that many people don't even know what she looked like from 2009 - 2011. They still have the ill & tired-looking Amy in their heads.

A friend of mine was very surprised when he saw this picture of Amy:

Posted Image

I think it's from the Shepherd's Bush Empire Concert, isn't it?
Well he was very surprised and said "Oh did she really look like this? I never knew how she looked like because i've only seen parodies & the bad pictures of her"
Amy flies in paradise

#6 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

It's really a shame that many people don't even know what she looked like from 2009 - 2011. They still have the ill & tired-looking Amy in their heads.

A friend of mine was very surprised when he saw this picture of Amy:

Posted Image

I think it's from the Shepherd's Bush Empire Concert, isn't it?
Well he was very surprised and said "Oh did she really look like this? I never knew how she looked like because i've only seen parodies & the bad pictures of her"

Wow, that's a real shame. And yeah, it's from her concert at Shepherd's Bush in 2007.

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#7 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Only reason to ever post that horrible first picture... She looked great in 2009.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#8 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

Looked great in 2009, plain even for a bloody dog to see she's off drugs n gettin better from tha previous year, 2008 was her worst year, she looked so ill, gaunt at times, hate seein those pix, great to see her back on track n tha early pix, before 2008 x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#9 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Only reason to ever post that horrible first picture... She looked great in 2009.

The difference is absolutely incredible. I must have missed the first picture, it was her lowest point health wise. Poor thing went through so much to get herself together. She looked so beautiful in that second picture, stunningly beautiful. Just makes it all the more a shame, she was doing so damn well! Look at how beautiful she is in the second picture.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#10 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

Indeed, and it was only a 6 month difference... She was as determined as she was insecure :(

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#11 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:58 AM

Great article and what you say guys is so true. Before her death from the few things i had heard i knew only about the drug problems and how bad her health was and that she looked really bad. Nothing about her recovery.

Even when she died and i was reading articles about her they would show mostly the picture MDPA (Marc) mentioned or some pictures from her running around in London (pictures showing her in a really bad state as well). And to think all these pictures had nothing to do with how she was before she died... It's too sad many people out there won't learn about this.

60do5Ti.jpg

#12 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:38 AM

It's bizarre but honestly, I remember there was a time right before she went into the clinic/rehab and came out a week later stunning. She had put on more weight, fresh beehive and all lol

It's crazy how she fought drugs. Not just a simple weed habit but hard drugs after just abusing for so long. There was a time in 2008 that I thought she wasn't going to make it. It was around Bestival/the DJing gig. I just used to sit back like "damn, where is everyone?!" but she proved that if it was something she needed to do, she would do it herself. And she did. When reports had came out that she had died, the first thing in the headlines were "overdose overdose overdose" and I'm thinking to myself "This is bullshit. This woman clearly hasn't dabbled into drugs for years. Just look at her." I honestly just assumed that the drinking and whatever medications she were on had got the best of her. It's still crazy to know this girl is gone. It never hits me until I sit back and think about this stuff. Like, I was typing all of this out and I simply looked out at the picture in Dani 14's signature and it hit me. Like, this girl I fell in love with a little before my 21st birthday (Im 26 now) is gone.

But anywho. I don't worry about the media and stopped a while ago when it came to Amy. When it came to Amy within the past year or so before her passing, I was just hoping she would find peace and be happy. I wish happiness for everyone. I don't think she wanted to die but somehow it felt like she knew she would or at least had the anxiety of believing she would. I don't think anyone could have saved her but herself. Not even reg who I honestly believe "Like Smoke" may be about. I just never liked how it seemed she had to try hard to get him to be around her.

But anywho. I'm hoping some photoshoots candids from photoshoot she did with that guy in the islands "the one from the current Lioness" album cover comes out. Can't wait to see the booklet.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#13 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:22 AM

She was really looking really pretty like before! It was good to see that she was getting better each day! This makes it even harder to accept that she isn't here anymore,

#14 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

By the end of 2010 rumours were spreading that Amy wanted so get pregnant and of course everyone freaked out and bashed on her.
And then there was also this picture of her:

Posted Image

And everyone said that she was looking "old" in it. My sister also talked to me on the phone and when we were talking about Amy she also told me that she looked old, older than a 30-year Old Woman, but i didn't agree and thought that she must have only seen the Pictures from 2008.

Actually i don't think that Amy looked THAT bad in 2008, she looked great in the first half of the year.
Amy flies in paradise

#15 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:26 PM

I think it's true. She looks like older than a 30 year-old woman. Because she was a diva. Her style was that. She was a mature woman, not like Britney Spears. That's why I love her.
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users