Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:57 AM

Gawd, Relapse was shit.

Anyway, why'd she say that about Billie Holiday

Yeah, I too wonder why she said that about Billie Holiday... was really disappointed when I heard about that...
"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#18 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:10 PM

"What kind of stuff were you listening to, like Billie Holiday?"

Amy: "Nah, fuck her"

[Brit Awards 2008]

Why did she say that? My guesses:

1) Amy could be nasty, sometimes for reasons known only to her.

2) Billie Holiday had multiple addictions including heroin and alcohol. She died of cirrhosis of the liver at age 44 (1959). Her life was disorganized and difficult despite (and maybe because of) her fame. Perhaps Amy saw some of herself in the famous jazz singer and didn't like it.

Edited by SteveV, 17 November 2011 - 07:17 PM.

"It's not me personally, is it?......I'm just a musician."

http://www.starpulse... - SXSW - video[

#19 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

Yeah, she doesn't look particularly interested, does she?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

she didn't give a flying f*ck when it come to meeting other celebs did she?
she had her pic with tarantino back in 2007 - could have have been anyone she was standing next to.
LMAO.

that was part of her magic - she didn't care about the whole celeb thing.

thats what made her unique - refreshing change from all this bullshit celeb culture we live in nowadays.

#20 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

2) Billie Holiday had multiple addictions including heroin and alcohol. She died of cirrhosis of the liver at age 44 (1959). Her life was disorganized and difficult despite (and maybe because of) her fame. Perhaps Amy saw some of herself in the famous jazz singer and didn't like it.

she could be nasty when she had a drink - she was the first to admit that.

she punched a co workers' friend in the face back in circa 2006 in a camden pub. i asked my co worker about it- i kept asking if the girl do anything to vex amy - she kept saying 'no'. amy just walked past her and 'bam'.

so when i approached her - i always made sure that it was before she got too drunk!
Saying that Amy was ALWAYS good to me.

another time - two other co workers' were in another camden pub having lunch and amy walked over without saying anything and rested her foot on the table to tie her shoelaces! I thought that was hilarous. my co worker was annoyed about it.

The second time i met her and asked for her signature - i was with about 10 co workers in a pub having lunch - she asked everyone if they were enjoying there lunch.

i guess it depends what mood she was in.

#21 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

she could be nasty when she had a drink - she was the first to admit that.

she punched a co workers' friend in the face back in circa 2006 in a camden pub. i asked my co worker about it- i kept asking if the girl do anything to vex amy - she kept saying 'no'.

so when i approached her - i always made sure that it was before she got too drunk!
Saying that Amy was ALWAYS good to me.

another time - two other co workers' were in another camden pub having lunch and amy walked over without saying anything and rested her foot on the table to tie her shoelaces! I thought that was hilarous. my co worker was annoyed about it.

The second time i met her and asked for her signature - i was with about 10 co workers in a pub having lunch - she asked everyone if they were enjoying their lunch.

i guess it depends what mood she was in.

#22 paulh202

paulh202

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

"I'm either a really good drunk or I'm an out-and-out sh*t, horrible, violent, abusive, emotional drunk."

I think a lot has to do with what state of mind you are in and the reason you are drinking, if it's because you are depressed it wont make you happy and the alcohol can heighten the emotion of depression you are feeling, I know, I've been there.

If you drink and are in a happy mood I think you tend to get drunk happy.
Goodness only knows what emotions the poor girl was going through at certain times in her life and what demons she was fighting.

#23 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

She wasn't perfect who is, she's human, but i can't see her walkin upto a stranger n smashin em in tha face x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users