Photo
- - - - -

Ok, who's excited about Mitch's book & who's NOT?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:13 AM

Supposedly, he's writing a book that's going to be released Summer 2012 (all proceeds are going to the Amy Winehouse Foundation). I know it's far away from now, but what's everybody's thoughts and opinions on this?

Just some things to think about:
-Do you feel like he should be writing a book at all?
-Could a book about his daughter ruin his "image"/ make people look at him badly?
- Will people think he's being biased?
- Do you think he's just trying to get the truth out there?

#2 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:45 AM

I'm definetely not excited, I'll certainly buy and read it next Summer though.

I don't like to say things like that about Mitch, but it's difficult to enter in my mind that he lost her daughter just a few months ago and he's talking about it all the time on television, books and on tributes with the same nature as he talks about his own album...I know people react with death in different ways, but all that sounds too weird for me. I'm not saying he's opportunist or whatever, but sometimes, when he does certain things, it's hard to not to look at him badly or at least imagine it.

#3 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:25 AM

I'm definetely not excited, I'll certainly buy and read it next Summer though.

I don't like to say things like that about Mitch, but it's difficult to enter in my mind that he lost her daughter just a few months ago and he's talking about it all the time on television, books and on tributes with the same nature as he talks about his own album...I know people react with death in different ways, but all that sounds too weird for me. I'm not saying he's opportunist or whatever, but sometimes, when he does certain things, it's hard to not to look at him badly or at least imagine it.

I guess "excited" wasn't the word I should have used, what I really mean is "looking forward to". But anyway, I see where you're coming from... I think Mitch's grieving is genuine and I also think he's doing these TV appearances and stuff to spread the news of Amy's new foundation because honestly, who else is gonna do it?

I don't want to jinx him, so I'll just say this, I hope people don't think he's just trying to get publicity. That's all I'll say!

#4 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

I think if he wants if write a book then just let him get on and do it. Who are the public to criticise him from doing something he feels will help him overcome his grief. I don't think it's going to ruin his 'image' at the end of the day he was Amy's father and many parents of children with stories to tell write books. Maybe he just wants to remember her and share his memories of his daughter with her fans - this is a generous thing to do. It will be nice to read about Amy the daughter and family girl rather than all the crap that has been published about her before by people who didn't even know her. Plus, it is his way of raising money for the foundation.
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:33 AM

of course - looking forward to it ;-)

it's the only book i would read about her.

he might not be perfect and he might come across wrong, but he loved amy and his cause is very noble - helping people.

... when i listen to mitch i think it's not that his daughter had a normal, regular life = how can anyone expect him to just act 'normal'? say 'normal' things? this is Amy's DAD, this man has fought drug dealers, papparazzi, hanger-ons, blakey blake, alcoholism, drug addiction, and who knows what else with his own hands.

And he also raised Amy ... the side of the story we have not heard ;-)

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#6 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

I dont think that he is an opportunist.I think he really does for his daughter and for the fondation.

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

I don't care if it's a book about flying monkeys. The foundation is going to benefit, so I shall buy a copy.

#8 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

I hope to publish the book in Spain because I have wanted to read that book. I do not think Mitch is an opportunist,furthermore he's the suitable person who should do it.

#9 paulh202

paulh202

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

I really pleased he's doing a book especially with proceeds going to the foundation, and he needs to get this book out before we see another one that may be published (I hope I'm wrong) by a person in prison at the moment who I aint going to mention.

I believe Mitch is trying to get through this ordeal by doing something positive, as he said on twitter "Amy was not a tragic person,she was a fighter.Dry our tears and let's get cracking"

I was lucky enough to speak to Mitch for a couple of minutes at Jazz After Dark last month, I told him how really sorry I was about everything that had happened and I won't forget the pain I saw in his eyes, he said "Where are you from Paul?" I said manchester, he then said "Well how come you speak with a Liverpool accent?" which was so funny as almost everyone knows about the friendly rivalry and banter between the two cities, and how different the accents are, Very funny Mitch!!

I seriously believe though that Mitch by using his singing career, the work for the foundation, books etc, is keeping alive the legacy of his beautiful talented daughter of whom he was so proud and loved so much.

#10 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

I'm not excited at all. We don't need it. We all know all we have to know about Amy, her life and her wonderful personality.
Mitch needs to realise that her daughter will be remembered for many, many years because what she's done is amazing, because she changed the music world with just one album and because she touched millons of people with her incredible talent and beautiful soul. Her personal troubles and all she went through should be soon forgotten.
All she achieved, she did it herself. She didn't need Mitch to make the best album ever, sell millions of records and win 5 Grammys in just one night.
I'm not saying his intentions are bad, as all proceeds are going to the foundation, but he really needs to get out of the spotlight and let Amy's memory shine on her own.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#11 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:18 PM

I guess "excited" wasn't the word I should have used, what I really mean is "looking forward to". But anyway, I see where you're coming from... I think Mitch's grieving is genuine and I also think he's doing these TV appearances and stuff to spread the news of Amy's new foundation because honestly, who else is gonna do it?

I don't want to jinx him, so I'll just say this, I hope people don't think he's just trying to get publicity. That's all I'll say!

I see your point. As I said in my last post, I didn't insinuate he's opportunist or something like that because we don't know much about him. He was Amy's dad, he raised her and loved her no matter what. He was Amy's best friend and loved her 'till the end. But it's still hard not to think that he lost her daughter 4 months ago and it all appears to "easy" for him. I'm not talking about what we think about him (we = Amy's fans), I'm talking about what OTHER PEOPLE, who don't know even half of the history, would think about that.

But I hope they buy this book here in Brazil, cuz I'll be one of the first in the line to buy it anyway.

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#12 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

He feels he needs to write the book to help him with his grieving process so, yes he should write it for his own sake. Losing Amy was a massive trauma & he needs to deal with his loss in his own way, to say its been easy for him is ridiculous.

People already look at Mitch badly & i don't think its warranted. He's comfortable in the limelight but that doesn't mean he's not a good person, he's doing this for the right reasons & £30k has already been allocated to three different charities on behalf of the foundation.

If people think he's biased then so be it, Amy is his daughter & i can't see him being objective about this & leaving his personal feelings aside.

The truth is already out there, people just choose to ignore it & believe the worst.

I'll be buying Mitch's book when its released.

#13 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

I hope Mitch finds some comfort writing this book. There's been a lot written about Amy in the press over the years and I get the impression that Mitch want to put some wrongs, right. I hope it's not to biased and we get a real insight into her life, warts and all. I do think that he is the right person to be writing this and it will benefit the foundation and I'm sure that Janice. Alex and Reg etc will have some input into this.

I for one also think that there will be at least one other book on the market and this may be motive behind this.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#14 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

As time passes, there will be LOTS of books about AJW.

I am looking forward to reading what Mitch has to say about Amy's early years.

#15 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:15 PM

I'm glad to see the responses here because I didn't think this thread would go over too well. I agree with a lot of you guys on this, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users