#31 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

Don't blame her, i agree x

I read in Amy's formspring that she didn't like Lady Gaga...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#32 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:32 PM

im not either (a fan of her songs, i like her art expression and appreciate her special talents) ,,,, so i did a quick fact check B-)

Early Life

Singer. Born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta on March 28, 1986, to Cynthia and Joseph Germanotta. Germanotta, now known as Lady Gaga, is an international pop star born in Yonkers, New York.

Gaga learned to play the piano by the age of four. At the age of 11, she was accepted to the Juilliard School in Manhattan, but instead attended a private Catholic school in the city. She continued studying music and performing, writing her first piano ballad at the age of 13 and holding her first performance at the age of 14 in a New York nightclub. The self-dubbed "Lady Gaga" (she has attributed the inspiration for her name to the Queen song, "Radio Ga-Ga") was granted early admission to New York University's Tisch School of the Arts at the age of 17 - one of only 20 students in the world to receive the honor of early acceptance. While there, she studied music and worked on her songwriting skills. She later withdrew from school in order to find creative inspiration. To make ends meet, she took three jobs - including a stint as a gogo dancer - while she honed her performance-art act.

http://www.biography...ady-gaga-481598

Thank you for correcting me! I just got my information from someone else. :)

Either way, being accepted to a prestigious school at the age of 11 is quite an accomplishment that i genuinely do not think can be attained without talent.

Besides, is it not possible that Stephani told friends she was going, and those "friends" told the paparazzi? Didn't that happen to amy an innumerable amount of times? It seems many Amy fans seem to hate the way people who weren't fans treated her, yet act in a similar manner towards acts like Lady Gaga and others.

#33 cez

cez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

Don't blame her, i agree x

I really don't blame lol LOL

#34 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

I read that amy hated lady gaga because she thought that lady gaga was fake. I don't know if it's true or invented the newspapers.

#35 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

I read in Amy's formspring that she didn't like Lady Gaga...

Lol They're totally opposite & they probably wouldn't have be able to sit in the same room together.

#36 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:29 AM

For me I'm not a fan of this lady...gaga haha. I think she tries a little too hard. However, I can tell this girl looked up to Amy. She always mentioned her in the best light. I dunno how true this story is (face it, you can't always believe what you read, people need to make money and make shit up) but I doubt she'd use this as a publicity stunt. Especially since there's no actual proof this even happened or an actual picture of her going. This birds got enough going on with her annoying outfits. At first I thought, "cool alexander mcqueen, that's artistic!" now it's just a bore. If she went there, she was a fan. That's that.

On a side note: It's amazing that now she's passed, everyone loves her again. All the celebs and magazines praising her. I was hoping that would happen with a comeback, but at least now people can realize this woman was amazing. These tabloids and paps are a bunch of cunts. All they do is kick the rich when they're down, then when their down finally and no longer around, it's all a different story. Bullocks. Tabloids are just a pitiful read in general.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#37 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:31 AM

Lol They're totally opposite & they probably wouldn't have be able to sit in the same room together.

Oh, that's what I loved most about Amy. She always kept it real. She doesn't like her music, not about her I'm sure. She always kept it about music. That's why she was always so special to me. Usually, artists are so far up their own ass from praise. Amy knew she was just a singer who liked to make music and that was it. So refreshing.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#38 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:19 AM

For me I'm not a fan of this lady...gaga haha. I think she tries a little too hard. However, I can tell this girl looked up to Amy. She always mentioned her in the best light. I dunno how true this story is (face it, you can't always believe what you read, people need to make money and make shit up) but I doubt she'd use this as a publicity stunt. Especially since there's no actual proof this even happened or an actual picture of her going. This birds got enough going on with her annoying outfits. At first I thought, "cool alexander mcqueen, that's artistic!" now it's just a bore. If she went there, she was a fan. That's that.

On a side note: It's amazing that now she's passed, everyone loves her again. All the celebs and magazines praising her. I was hoping that would happen with a comeback, but at least now people can realize this woman was amazing. These tabloids and paps are a bunch of cunts. All they do is kick the rich when they're down, then when their down finally and no longer around, it's all a different story. Bullocks. Tabloids are just a pitiful read in general.

cosigned!

I clearly remember Lady Gaga speaking highly of Amy way before her death. She was always a fan and a genuine one i think.

#39 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:34 AM

cosigned!

I clearly remember Lady Gaga speaking highly of Amy way before her death. She was always a fan and a genuine one i think.

this is from jan 13, 2009:
Meanwhile, chart-topper LADY GAGA has confessed she is mesmerised by Amy.
The electro singing sensation, who is at No1 on both sides of the Atlantic, is fascinated by the Camden Caner and reckons she has an authenticity that cannot be beaten, despite the fact her live gigs are often dismal.
She said: "Amy is a real artist. I get frustrated when I tour so much that my voice is messed up.
"But I always say to myself that I watch performances from Amy where I swear she didn't hit a note, and she was shot and shot deep on something, but I can't take my eyes off that beautiful girl. There's something about her that's so honest.
"That was what the Seventies and Eighties were about, and what women were about then, and that's why legends were created. It wasn't about manicures.

http://www.thesun.co...icle2123829.ece

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#40 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:35 AM

Amy Winehouse 'lived the blues'

Amy Winehouse "lived the blues" according to Lady Gaga, while a number of other celebrities have spoken about the influence of her 'Back to Black' album on them.

25 November 2011
Amy Winehouse "lived the blues" according to Lady Gaga.

The 'You and I' hitmaker praised the tragic singer – who died in July from accidental alcohol poisoning – as a "musical legend," in a radio special on the star, which also saw tributes from Mary J. Blige, Gary Barlow, Florence Welch and Mark Ronson.

Speaking on BBC Radio1, Gaga said: "It's interesting that celebrities sometimes get such a bad rap for being sad but in truth Amy was incredible at singing the blues - she lived the blues, she lived jazz. I believe she will be remembered as a musical legend."

Earlier this week, Gaga told how she went to visit the house in London where Amy was living when she died, in order to "pay her respects" to the star.

Elsewhere on the 'Masterpieces' radio show, celebrating Amy's breakthrough second album 'Back to Black', Mary said: "When I first heard 'Back to Black', I thought it was an automatic, instant classic. The voice - it had so much pain in it but it also had so much soul and warmth and texture.

"It was incredible, you don't hear voices like that all the time. The album is amazing. She definitely became an inspiration to me right away."

Florence and the Machine star Florence spoke about how she had seen Amy perform at Britain's Glastonbury festival and was impressed by her "raw and real" persona while 'Back to Black's producer Mark explained the musical influences behind the record.

http://home.nzcity.c...m=newsmain,nrhl

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#41 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:42 AM

you mean personally or musically?

i would guess amy would find the gimmicks laughable

but if you would put them in the same room (without anything else but instruments), they would have had a good time, dont you think? they are both lovers, not fighters

amy was older, wiser, and a much better singer - and gaga can play her piano so well .... gaga would have been sooo GAGA over amy

amy was all about the music and after reading all this about gaga, i dont think amy would be offended by gaga playing her. gaga respected her and still does.

- Anais Nin 

#42 wrougs

wrougs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

Why are some of you so cynical about it? It was a nice gesture. This girl could fart and make headlines out of it. It's alright that you think she's talentless and shit, it's not like something you HAVE to agree on. I don't care about Lady Gaga, but she loves Amy, probably as much as we all do, why question her intention? It kinda makes me sad to see such negativity towards a fan who simply wants to pay her respects to someone I love dearly. It's the heart that counts.
I observe, I don't chase

"I hate nice idiots." Amy, I hear you. But I hate rude idiots even more.

That's me when I sing a song:

#43 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:10 AM

AJW often engaged in cracking-wise and kidding-on-the-square about sundry artists.

But, you will be hard pressed to find anyone to tell you that Amy did not respect Stefani as both a musician and a business person.

Stefani loves Amy as much as any Amy-fan does; well, except, of course, for me.

#44 xxGodisLovexx

xxGodisLovexx

Psalm 46:10

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:38 AM

Gaga is just trying to get into the papers
Lady gaga will not or EVER compare or will be Amy Winehouse.
Amy is real Gaga=all for show.
done deal

John 17:25-26 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

#45 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

I'm not convinced that it takes bucketloads of talent to plagiarise from every musical pioneer of the past 40 years. I see Gaga as little more than a pastiche of those, including Madonna, Kiss, Alice, Marilyn, even shades of rock n roll from time to time.

Just my 2c of course.... but it makes me laugh that interviewers etc blow smoke up her ass, saying she is original in some way. We've seen this show a hundreds times already, and done better IMO... without the contrivance of it all.

I agree with IheartBlondie above - if she REALLY didn't want anyone to know it was her, she would have done more to hide the fact; these things don't just leak to the press by magic, agents make that happen more often than not. It's smoke and mirrors, IMO, dressing it up as not a stunt. Like a double bluff. There's nothing original about her employing this trick, either.... MJ did it all the time, as do others.

I have further opinions about her... and I would bet my house on the fact that she will be in treatment before too much longer; I don't see this level of attention seeking and contrivance as anything other than an emotional deficiency. I don't get the impression that she is a happy person and it would never surprise me to learn drugs are involved.

Basically, I think she is trying way too hard for all the wrong reasons.

this! :)
i wish her the best. XO

also, dont forget about TODD!!!

including Madonna, Kiss, Alice, Marilyn, even shades of rock n roll from time to time.

Edited by Birdieava, 26 November 2011 - 04:09 PM.

- Anais Nin 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users