Photo
- - - - -

Amy Winehouse’s posthumous album and single: Early response from the critics is mixed

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 AmyFanforever

AmyFanforever

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

http://www.periscope...itics-is-mixed/

what do all of you think?

Edited by AmyFanforever, 22 November 2011 - 03:10 PM.

#2 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

http://www.periscope...itics-is-mixed/

what do all of you think?

I dunno , when i go for it to buy i think i write on a note what i want . I shurely know i will go into tears , not anable to say what i want to have . :'-(

#3 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

Fans like us are thankful we get to hear some new material we have never heard before . were lucky were geting another album . They didnt have to do that in he first place . But they knew fans like us demanded it . Personally im thrilled and tickled to death that i get to buy another Amy Album .
if others dont like the album , there loss our gain .
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#4 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

I think critics are just glorified opinions. Everyone has a different one. We can think for ourselves when we buy an album, or ect. There's things I've liked that that a large sum of critics hated, so I don't really care. Think for yourself, I've always hated reviews. It's just like, who the f*ck are these people anyway? Who cares what they have to say. If Amy's voice is in it and it's something new, I'll automatically like it. It may not be my fave, who knows? Certainly not some random person sitting in front of a computer making judgments good or bad. We will know.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#5 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

I agree with Jeremy plus there have been tons of albums released over the years that got so-so reviews that are classics today.

#6 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

I always joke saying that critics are just like psychologists. Apparently their jobs aren't very similar but if you think carefully it is just the same: they try to make you think as they do, and if you don't, then you're either crazy or an ignorant.
In my 18 years of life nobody has told me ever what to think or what to feel (and if they do I just ignore them). For me, my opinion is way more important than the opinion of anyone else. When I have the album in my hands, then I'll be able to say what I think of it. Anyway, I have the feeling it's gonna be LEGENDARY.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#7 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

In the end, its not going to be the critics who make this album popular, its the fans. And knowing Amy's fans, this will sell very well, all over the world.

#8 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

[quote]Apparently their jobs aren't very similar but if you think carefully it is just the same: they try to make you think as they do, and if you don't, then you're either crazy or an ignorant.[/quote)]

Neither critics or psychologist's try to make you think as they do. Critics are only giving their opinion and psychologists help you see through your eyes but in more healthy ways. I don't know about critics but psychologist do not see you as crazy or ignorant unless you are floridly psychotic or just a real dumb ass.

#9 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

Amy didn't care about the critics and neither do I. By simply existing this album is special. It will be appreciated by anyone who appreciated Amy and that is what she would want. Appreciate the music guys and forget what these so called 'critics' say! Xx
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

Who gives a fuck about a critic, its all about personal taste. Like me lil penny blossom saud, Amy didn't give a flyin fuck bout dat shit, nor shd we, we love her n her music, all dat matters x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#11 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Amazon (UK) Preorder List = LHT @ #1

Amazon (USA) Preorder List = LHT @ #2

#12 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

Ugh, the old critics shitics again. They feel the need to sound like they know what they are talking about when in fact they know diddly squat. Of course its easy to dismiss this album as 1) she's not here any more and 2) there were unfinished songs so they can sit there and say the producers have done a quick gloss over on the songs, blah blah blah. It probably won't sell like B2B did but not many albums do, anyway its quality over quantity that matters for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#13 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

Well said me lil chip pitta, anyone can be a friggin critic, they have no influence ova me, some ppl go by what a critic says, plebs!. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#14 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

The mere fact that this record even exists makes it special to me... Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't, but I'm glad I get to hear it. And for "Like Smoke" alone, this album's already worth it for me...
And about critics, yeah, it's just their opinion. Critics sometimes draw my attention to an artist/record/book/movie, etc., and I trust some more than others, but in the end, I don't need them to know what I appreciate and what I don't. Pardon my language, but there's an expression in French that basically says "opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one"...
"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#15 juniour

juniour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:41 AM

The more the critics say its shitty, the more i wanna indulge in it :)
~~~I Go Back to Black~~~
http://www.facebook.com/JuniourGoh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users