13 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

I've never noticed that when she was alive, but i'm currently working on a new Cover Picture and i decided to take the Picture from the US Version of Back to Black and i noticed that the Girl from her "Girl Tattoo" wears a Bikini:

Posted Image

I don't understand it, that is so ridiculous, but that's very typical of the US. She even had to censor the same tattoo on the Grammy Night 08.
Amy flies in paradise

#2 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

They need to get a grip, its 2011 ffs, aint like she was lettin her puppies play out, tis a bleedin tat! x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#3 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

Stunnin pic, absolutely gorgeous x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#4 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

That's what I hate about the US. They censored mostly everything!!! Ahhhhhh

#5 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Lol! This is so funny. I never knew that! Thanks for letting us know, a fun fact about the US! Haha

Posted Image

#6 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

She actually looks hotter with the bikini (I mean, the girl on the tattoo, lol).
Btw, is that the official cover of Back To Black in the States? It's even better than the original. I've always loved that picture, she looks stunning.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#7 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

Damn, Amy looks bloody hot in that picture :inlove: Sod the tat, i'm just looking at Amy's beautiful face :-P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#8 PabloD

PabloD

We bathe under blue light

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

They did the same at the Grammys. Quite lame really! It's just boobs! We feed from them when we are born.
Posted Image

#9 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

Hehehehe - a little bikini for Amy's sexy boobie girl! How funny!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

But i prefer the original Back To Black Cover more. It has something classy. The blue background which looks like a blackboard And her, sitting on a chair, that picture is very iconic.

Posted Image
Amy flies in paradise

#11 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

Isnt that stupid! lol

I always wondered why they used a blurry photo for the cover, though.

#12 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

I'm from the US, so I've always known about the cover and yes it's very stupid of our government to censor something as silly as a tattoo. I actually like the US cover better because it's iconic to me and you can clearly tell that sees paying respects to The Ronettes & the whole early 60s thing.

But I do like the UK cover because the strange chalkboard behind her tells a story, along with her posture. I've always thought that was a intriguing and unusual album cover.

#13 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

It's one of the reasons i had taken the same tattoo of Amy on the same place . Amy covered the tattoo by HERSELF with the bra for the Grammy's of 2008 . Before the channels of the television broadcasts in the U.S. opened the censors warned the English that Amy must cover the whole tattoo to prevent the puritains in U.S. wil see the breasts or the NIPPLES anyway . Amy picked up some felt-marker and painted some decent BRA on the girl . LOL It was realy a decent full-cup bra , search the video and see it yourself . That's the reason i wanted the same tattoo . Most of the time i cover my tattoo with a REALY SEXY half-cup strapples bra . I paint it with a ordinairy black BALLPOINT . It last a day or two and fade out to transparant . When i go to the pub i cover it full up and on Request wipe the bra off with a paper towlet drained in the cocktail i drink , verry funny to do it again and again . LOL I will see how i can place some pictures here . covered and uncovered . :D

#14 Jdawl

Jdawl

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:16 AM

I'm from the US, so I've always known about the cover and yes it's very stupid of our government to censor something as silly as a tattoo. I actually like the US cover better because it's iconic to me and you can clearly tell that sees paying respects to The Ronettes & the whole early 60s thing.

But I do like the UK cover because the strange chalkboard behind her tells a story, along with her posture. I've always thought that was a intriguing and unusual album cover.

Agreed. It's funny. I just noticed this last week when I was filing a few records at the shop I work at. I have my U.K. copy (with the cover of her on the chair) in store that I'll play every so often. I always get remarks as if it's a new posthumous release or not. Crazy. I think I personally like the U.K. cover better. Don't know why, although, I do think it's odd seeing a picture of her without the beehive that's associated with Back To Black.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users