Photo
- - - - -

Was any opf Amy's work released on vinyl?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

Was any of Amy's official releases ever put out on vinyl? There was always something nice about LP's... opening them up, looking at the photos, artwork. Now everything is just a digital download and small thumbnail on your iPod or mobile device. The snap crackle and pop of vinyl would probably add to the aura of her music.... just like old jazz records.
One love.

#2 Jdawl

Jdawl

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

Was any of Amy's official releases ever put out on vinyl? There was always something nice about LP's... opening them up, looking at the photos, artwork. Now everything is just a digital download and small thumbnail on your iPod or mobile device. The snap crackle and pop of vinyl would probably add to the aura of her music.... just like old jazz records.

Yes. I'm actually a record collector and work at a shop in the U.S... I'm also the only collector I know that's crazy about Winehouse's stuff. As for vinyl, both Back To Black and Frank were released - there are 2 different versions of Back To Black (U.S. and U.K.). There were also a few bootleg releases (not authorized by Amy/record company). Those include 'The Best Of' and 'Black Is Back'...

I personally love "Black Is Back" if you can find a copy for cheap. A lot of times bootlegs will have terrible mastering jobs (will sound muddy), but it really sounds fantastic. Amy sounds fantastic on the live tracks.

There were also 3 7" 45rpm records released - bootlegs as well - called Nelson Mandela, The Ska EP, and The Specials. The latter two are Amy's ska covers, and the former has a killer version of Valerie on it.

Hope this helps!

#3 Jdawl

Jdawl

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

Will try and find some page info on 'The Best Of' and 'Black Is Back'...

#4 Jdawl

Jdawl

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

discogs.com/Amy-Winehouse-The-Best-Of-Amy-Winehouse/release/3132421

discogs.com/Amy-Winehouse-Black-Is-Back/release/1390006

I had to break up the links a little bit, as I'm a new member who isn't allowed to post links.

#5 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

Thanks for the info. Was just out of curiousity... if I ever get my old Pioneer turntable out of storage, I might get back into vinyl.
One love.

#6 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

Lots of "pinks" still around. Should be between $20 and $60, depending where you buy it and what kind of condition it is in.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4cfa621ce5

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a16023c2e

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2eb97eb126

Just search "winehouse pink" on EBAY, to get started.

There is a "red" and a "grey," - not sure if they are "official" - that I have seen. I have heard of a "purple," but have never seen it.

#7 Jdawl

Jdawl

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:56 AM

There is a "red" and a "grey," - not sure if they are "official" - that I have seen. I have heard of a "purple," but have never seen it.

.[/QUOTE]

I've heard of purple, too, but don't think it actually exists. There's been no pressing info released on it. I've got the red and grey. Message me if anyone's looking for a Pink Best Of! I know where you can get a new copy for $20.99 shipped! And all the 7"s for $6.99 a piece!

#8 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

I have this turntable from the 80's for 7" I picked up from the side of the road. looks new, its encased in a box. pieces are scattered inside tho, and has no needle. I wonder if it can be fixed/saved, and if so I will for sure purchase vinyl Amy.... must be awesome sound. We have a whole studio here but lifes simpler pleasures are going out of style! Save vinyl!

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#9 Jdawl

Jdawl

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

I have this turntable from the 80's for 7" I picked up from the side of the road. looks new, its encased in a box. pieces are scattered inside tho, and has no needle. I wonder if it can be fixed/saved, and if so I will for sure purchase vinyl Amy.... must be awesome sound. We have a whole studio here but lifes simpler pleasures are going out of style! Save vinyl!

Look into it! Back to Black's never sounded better for me :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users