10 replies to this topic

#1 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

Dear friends, I'd like to share with you the link to Troy Miller's talk about Amy (great drummer who worked with our lovely songbird).

She was such a warm person...
Before Jazz Festival in St Lucia she sang so beautifully in the rehearsals that ppl in the band were crying...

Please go to this page:
http://www.polskiera...z-Amy-Winehouse

then find the frame in the central part of the page where it's written:

Posłuchaj
  • Lista Osobista 15.10.2011
and now press the first black button with the loadspeaker sign http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXWKMqmo2R6pepCz36QsGTsalBy66Y7i20Mj2pumpJK4kp4md_

You will have the player in the separate window.

Listen from/to (in English):
5:13-7:02
7:42-9:55

Posted Image

Let me know if you can hear this and if you like it! Imo it's great.
Lots of love!

#2 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

This is great, Inez! Thanks so much for posting. I want that little black book :D
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#3 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

I want it as well as I love Amy's lyrics/poetry! :)

And btw: Troy Miller played with Amy on Brazil and Dubai concerts this year - that's why his comments are even more touching.

#4 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hey, could someone write down what he says? Pleeeeeeease, I really wanna know what he said :(

#5 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

Translation? x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#6 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

That's the first part, sorry for mispunctuation, it was a bit hard for me to write it all down so quickly. And sorry I couldn't fill in the person's name, maybe someone could help me with it.

I have lots of memories over the last 4 / 5 years. An amazing talent, an amazing writer, lyricist, and an amazing spirit, but obviously messed up and obviously with personal problems, obviously with tragedy in her life and surrounding her and she found it very difficult to deal with and even the fame, at times she wouldn't even realize she was famous, which is what I loved about her. She was such a warm person and she would always take interest in you, regardless of your background.
When I first met her she... I was introduced to her because um she actually really liked a record that I played on, with (I don't know that person???), it was one of her favourite records. She said: "Aw, you're the drummer of this record, it's such a priviledge for you to be in my band" and I said to her, I said well, you know I write my own music, said "yeah I know, I have your record, too and I play it all the time at home", so that was really encouraging to hear you know.

That's exactly it, yeah, but she will be missed for sure and we're all shocked. You know, I've lost a friend, too, so... She was a lovely person.

#7 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

Part 2:

Absolutely. I mean I'd even go as far as saying that that was her (?????), a lyricist, I mean she actually showed me a book, a little black book she had with lyrics, just full of lyrics that she'd written and she hadn't used. So since "Back to Black", which is obviously her hit record, she'd been writing all those lyrics and.. you know...I mean, there's talk of a posthumous record. Now, there is stuff that we have recorded that hasn't been released, so we'll see what happens with that but..

But yes, also, obviously a very talented singer, sometimes.. with the alcohol and the drugs, she found it hard to express herself and .. but trust me, I've heard her when she hasn't been recorded and away from the limelight and the media, sounds like the best of them, you know. Really, I mean, incredible. And we did a week in St. Lucia, at the Saint Lucia Jazz Festival, we did a rehearsal beforehand and people in the band, we were crying, because she sounded so amazing and then we got to the gig. We were really excited about the gig, and we got to the gig and she'd been drinking and, of course, it just all went to waste. And, uh, we just couldn't believe it, you know, because we heard this incredible voice in the rehearsal and we were so disappointed, devastated really, um, but that was Amy. She was herself, she didn't care what people saw, she was just real, you know, and she struggled with things that many people struggle with, but we don't know about.

There are probably a few mistakes in it, but you'll get the idea. And maybe there are some nice English-speakers that could help us out ;) Especially with the word in the first sentence (foret???).. :)

#8 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

Good Interview.

At 18:00, Troy mentions his client Anna Teliczan. She was signed to open for Amy in Poland and may have been considered as a member of the contemplated "Super Group."

Some Amy covers by Anna:

#9 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

Thank you so much Vanessa for the transcript and others for comments!

I'd like to fill the gap, if somebody would like to listen to one of Amy's fav records:

...I was introduced to her (Amy) because um she actually really liked a record that I played on, with SOWETO KINCH, it was one of her favourite records...

Here's Soweto's Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/sowetokinch

#10 Marty<3Amy

Marty<3Amy

I'll love you forever my mermaid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

Thank u so much for posting..
Posted Image

"That silent sense of content that everyone gets
Just disappear soon as the sun sets"

#11 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

Thank you so much Vanessa for the transcript and others for comments!

I'd like to fill the gap, if somebody would like to listen to one of Amy's fav records:

...I was introduced to her (Amy) because um she actually really liked a record that I played on, with SOWETO KINCH, it was one of her favourite records...

Here's Soweto's Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/sowetokinch

No worries, glad I could be of help. Thanks for filling in the name, I didn't know Soweto Kinch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users