Photo
- - - - -

Mitch says, material mus be as good as previous releases...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

• [IMG]http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/KM3A7FiHMBCibV4DkDsX2g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9NjU4O2NyPTE7Y3c9NTAwO2R4PTA7ZHk9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD0yNTE7cT04NTt3PTE5MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_uk/News/pressass/YahooShowbizNews281120111325182-1.jpg[/IMG]Enlarge PhotoAmy Winehouse's family have given their blessing for a new album to be released

Amy Winehouse's family will not release any more of the singer's unheard music unless it is "comparable" with her earlier hit records.
The star's father, Mitch, said it was "a difficult decision" to decide to release the new album, which features outtakes, two completely new songs and a demo, in time for this Christmas.
He said: "The family view was nothing was going to go out unless it was comparable to Frank or Back To Black. If it wasn't as good as that then we wouldn't have allowed it to go out."
Mitch said sitting down to listen to the album, called Lioness: Hidden Treasures, was hard.
He said: "On one hand it was very difficult for us to listen to the album, on the other hand we had to do it to ensure the quality was as it should be."
He was speaking ahead of an auction which will see a dress worn by his daughter on the front of her Back To Black album sold to raise funds for the foundation set up in her memory.
He said: "It's poignant, extremely poignant to me and sad in one way because obviously the dress shouldn't be here, Amy should be here.
"That is something I have to come to terms with and there are good days and there are bad days. Today is a good day because we're going to be raising money for the foundation.
"Its going really well. We've made our first donations of £30,000. It's three lots of £10,000 to charities that really needed the money and we're hoping to donate at least half a million pounds in the first year."
The dress, which will be sold by Kerry Taylor Auctions in central London tomorrow, is estimated to sell for between £10,000 and £20,000.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#2 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

Theres nothin Amy has done, dat is not fuckin brilliant.

But u can't say it has to be comparable, as good as maybe, but Frank n B2B are 2 dif albums, both bloody excellant.

Anythin she has jus lurkin about, shd be released for fans n 2 carry on her legacy, to think theres trax dat are potentially classics n may not be heard is fuckin sad, we know theres enuff from her teen yrs upto most recent, jus bide some times n do it right, wid a nice boxset type anthology edition wid pix unseen pix n quotes from her, not a rush job, like Lioness, even tho anythin by her is fuckin amazin. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#3 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

is very sad when he says: It's poignant, extremely poignant to me and sad in one way because obviously the dress shouldn't be here, Amy should be here.

#4 Lorie

Lorie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

is very sad when he says: It's poignant, extremely poignant to me and sad in one way because obviously the dress shouldn't be here, Amy should be here.

I cried when i red this :(

#5 Liv

Liv

I might let you make it up to me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

the whole situation is very heartbreaking.
mitch sounded very proud when he tweeted: "I told you our day will come was beautiful. The other songs are just as lovely. She is great. Mitch"
* adorable * : )

#6 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

The only thing missing is Amy. its just so sad!

But everything Amy has done has been really good, and i know whats gonna be release is gonna be great and lovely like her!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users