[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#17 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

Has the official Facebook page posted it? I saw it on the Foundation's Facebook but I don't think the official posted it. It would really help if they did!

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

Has it been posted on her facebook page yet?
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#19 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

Has Amysarmynow told us whether or not this particular poll counts multiple votes per day from the same computer?

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

The news is not great on any of the THREE primary polls.

All of the polls have been looked at by both math and computer experts. This is a very condensed recap of their opinions.

1. All of the polls likely contain "non-organic" voting.

2. The Metro poll MIGHT be winnable by our candidate.

3. The Diva poll is less than a 50/50 shot for our candidate.

4. The Virgin poll is NOT winnable by our candidate.

5. Nobody is likely hacking the machines.

6. There is no way to know if intentional/accidental assistance is being given to any candidate by the pollsters.

The polls were all "probed and tested" with sequential flash-votes.

While it is remotely possible that much of the CR voting-traffic is "organic," the chances that all of it is are slight. While the fans and the artist are certainly angry about the way they think their candidate has been treated by the media/industry, it is very unlikely that such anger could translate into the "organized ORGANIC voting" that the VM poll would indicate was necessary to reflect the current counts.

The CR fans on facebook are likely mostly sincere and are simply entering MANY sequential multiple votes. BUT, such voting is barred on all of the candidates' spots - including CR - on most attempts. That gives great weight to the notion that a "rent-a-vote" scheme may be in play.

Paid voting is the NORMAL protocol in ALL of these types of polls. If you have unlimited funding, you can win almost any such poll. Most such votes are placed by real humans; bots are atypical. In a low-vote total contest - like the Diva poll - the price to compete is relatively low. In a high-vote total contest - like the Virgin poll - the price to compete can be MANY thousands-of-dollars AND you can still lose after spending that money.

The first thing the pros did was look for sufficient online evidence of "an organic campaign" being mounted. Ironically, they found that AJW had the most such evidence. CR and OD have the facebook/twitter crews, but not very much more.

The most definitive statement I got was along the lines of, "It is possible that CR and OD are totally organic, but it defies math." (That finding does NOT consider/discount the fact that during some early parts of the OD/Metro poll, multiple flash votes were counted. That flaw had the ability to help whichever candidate was best organized; in fact, it likely helped all of the candidates.)

Viewed in the best light for CR, there is "something wrong" with the counts. Tho, the OD number looks like a cleaner count, it is suspect. If the VM machine is allowing multiple sequential votes - as is being claimed by some of CR's crew - it is NOT doing it for ALL of the candidates.

One vote per day from each machine you use is the accepted standard by most pollsters, in a "no registration" contest. Some of CR's crew claims to be flooding the system with 50 or more votes per user, per hour. The low basis-point value of each vote reflects that such voting is underway.

There is NOTHING illegal or immoral about any non-hacking vote scheme. If discovered, some pollsters will toss some of the votes, some simply do not care. Legality/morality aside, it is obvious why most folks don't bother to participate in such polling; they know that wins can be easily bought.

Just as virtually EVERY "star" buys facebook fans and Twitter followers, so too do many buy poll votes. Around the world there are THOUSANDS of outfits that sell contest votes. Some work cheaper than others and none of them can guarantee 100% success rates. BUT, they really don't need such guarantees; when ordinary folks see tilted poll-totals, they simply abandon their efforts.

We could fight back, but I am not sure it is worth the effort. It's likely more useful to send a contribution to the AWF than to pay to play the poll-buying game.

I am not quitting, just noting my discouragement at the circumstance.

Keep voting. Maybe we can pull one out.

///////////////////////////////////////

For folks who wanna know more about "buying votes," google:

buy contest votes .......

20 to 25 votes for $5 is the standard retail price. Wholesale quantities are cheaper.

Sorta takes the fun out of it. Doesn't it?

///////////////////

ALL of the machines are accepting clear-cache/power-off/reboot votes from dynamic IP-addys. Some of the machines will reject such votes from static IPs.

Edited by amysarmynow, 30 November 2011 - 11:22 PM.

#21 Marty<3Amy

Marty<3Amy

I'll love you forever my mermaid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

I voted :D
Posted Image

"That silent sense of content that everyone gets
Just disappear soon as the sun sets"

#22 carla spain

carla spain

I love you more than you'll ever know

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

vote amy!!

#23 StrongerThanMe

StrongerThanMe

♫ Like smoke I hang around ♫

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

Voted several times. :)
Posted Image

#24 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

Why tha fuck is cliff still ova 11% in front, c'mon now, pisstake!, go to ur mates n use their puter ;0 x

#25 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

The VM votes are recording at LESS than ONE basis-point each.

Many of the CR voters continue to claim they are voting MANY times per hour from single computers. My guys cannot duplicate those voting patterns on unadjusted machines.

Based on the CR voters' public admissions against interest, VM should take a look at the voting patterns. While using paid-voters is simply part of the game, one guy voting 50-times an hour from one machine may be a TOS violation. VM can look at voting patterns now, or they can look at them later when the protests are splashed across the tabloids.

#26 veronika

veronika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

i was voting and i have no idea how cliff richard went from 43.8 to 43.87 in a couple of mins! i managed to make amy stay at the same numbers for a while but still...
edit- he's at 44 now, what kind of fuckery is this?

Edited by veronika, 01 December 2011 - 06:43 PM.

Posted Image

#27 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

He's at 47 now, this sucks!
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#28 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

Please Join The "I Voted A Hundred Times" Club.

We need hundreds of votes cast in rapid succession.

If we can record 35K votes this weekend, we will be back in the game.

http://www.virginmed...of-the-year.php

#29 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

I don't care about this at all. She's a legend, she didn't need to win any stupid poll to show it. She made herself a legend with her amazing talent and wonderful personality.
Please, don't be so selfish and let those so-called stars have their 15 minute of fame.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#30 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

Cliffs had 50 yrs of fame n a hit in every decade, cliff was tha British Elvis, hehad more tha enuff, how tha fuck is it selfish, we jus want Amy to get tha recognition she deserves!!, ffs, as an artist, as opposed to how sum ppl percieve tha negative image thru tha press. x

Edited by Amysanchorcat, 10 December 2011 - 11:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users