35 replies to this topic

#31 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:09 AM

There's something very broken yet beautiful in her vocal, and I loved it.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#32 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

There's something very broken yet beautiful in her vocal, and I loved it.

Yes. It's all the better because of the authentic emotion that comes through. Here's Leon Russell's original recording of this song:

Edited by SteveV, 07 December 2011 - 05:04 PM.

"It's not me personally, is it?......I'm just a musician."

http://www.starpulse... - SXSW - video[

#33 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

This song on Lioness moves me to tears every time I hear it. I was a mess listening to it on the car on the way to work this morning. It just gets to me. So real in her voice and the lyrics are just so very poignant.

In tears just thinking about it

"And when my life is over / Remember, remember, remember, remember, when we were together/ and I was singing this song for you.

She is singing for us my AWF friends and we HAVE to continue to remember, remember, remember, remember - I know I will never forget her. Xx
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#34 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

"And when my life is over / Remember, remember, remember, remember, when we were together/ and I was singing this song for you.

She is singing for us my AWF friends and we HAVE to continue to remember, remember, remember, remember - I know I will never forget her. Xx

I'm afraid this post may seem silly to some, but since Tiny Penny and others are being so honest about their feelings, I will be too.

When I first heard this song, I imagined Amy was drowning. Her voice became more distant and muffled when she went under, although she never lost the thread of the music. Then she would come up and sound like great vocalist she truly was. I wanted to jump in and save her. I think she was, in a sense, drowning in her emotions, in her tears. She really did break down and cry during this recording session (in her attic) according to Salaam Remi. The line I quoted above, Tiny Penny, is the one that stood out for me too. This may not be the best technically executed song Amy has ever done, but it's the one I think I'll most remember.

Edited by SteveV, 08 December 2011 - 12:11 AM.

"It's not me personally, is it?......I'm just a musician."

http://www.starpulse... - SXSW - video[

#35 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

Jus hate she was hurtin so bad ova a piece of scum, who wasn't worthy of such a wonderful, beautiful, talented girls love, emotional song, esp words penny blossom mentioned, Bless her. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#36 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

It's been in my head all day today. Congratulations to Salaam for producing such a good song out of raw material although I'd love it if he gave us the original version to listen, too...

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users